PDA

View Full Version : C'mon TomTom, find a dang charger...

Ballinger
02-27-2014, 10:24 PM
Okay, so I've connected the TomTom to my computer, downloaded a map update, set the unit up and then pushed the "button" to find chargers. It did a search, found some near my home while missing several that show up on the Blink charger app.

Okay, so we're about 25 miles from home and try to have the TomTom find chargers near where we're at. It won't and will only display the incomplete list from our (now distant) neighborhood. If I tell it to update, it goes into near-eternal stasis and then reverts to the incomplete list. Since then, regardless of location, I get only the same list of (by the way) all corporate chargers in our neighborhood, and that are locked-off. It won't find chargers I know are "there" and it won't update or "look" anywhere else?

What the heck?

By the way, the Fiat App on the Android, and the Blink charger app both find plenty, in any location. In fact, both of those even show whether the charger has a car plugged into it and, if it does, whether it's a Leaf you're allowed to vandalize. Uh, wait...

Tutukane
04-02-2014, 04:18 PM
I found the TomTom equally useless and I'm up north of San Francisco. Chargepoint, Blink and ReCargo are far better Apps and sites to use.

Tweak
04-02-2014, 05:14 PM
I found the TomTom equally useless and I'm up north of San Francisco. Chargepoint, Blink and ReCargo are far better Apps and sites to use.

Welcome to the forum.

Baddog
04-03-2014, 11:50 PM
I initially thought everyone was being overly harsh about the TomTom, but after a week, I have to admit it is by and large useless. Probably just going to find a mounting kit for my iPhone 5.

Tutukane
04-05-2014, 06:33 PM
I have also found that the "Blink" stations are not working. Any info on Blink would be great. The best App I have found is "Plugshare". So far they've been right every time.

Ballinger
04-06-2014, 12:57 PM
Plugshare works best for us, in San Diego, too. The status and reporting by participants (do yer part!) is very useful. Unfortunately, community reports of issues don't translate to the charge station companies, so regarding the Blink chargers that are fritzed when you get there...don't forget to push the buttons to notify them about it -- just in case they're putting these things in a queue for repairs.

We used the TomTom twice this weekend for Nav, and it was okay. It remains incapable of finding any charge stations, however. It just sits, locked, at the one screen with old data it cannot update.