PDA

View Full Version : OBDII port tune starts tomorrow.................

Jan
02-27-2014, 09:06 PM
Tomorrow I expect to remote tune through the OBDII port the 1st Abarth. Yes a tune straight through the OBDII port..........
Once I have all of the files you will be able to go to an authorized flash tuner and get it uploaded directly or buy the flash tool which will be available shortly.

Once I have the tune perfected it will be for sale and I'll become a vendor. I'm about ready to start the engine performance upgrades next.
Time to fly..............

BigDaddySRT
02-27-2014, 09:40 PM
Post up when a North Texas Tuner comes online to provide a specific tune for my climate and application.

ScorpionSkins.com
02-27-2014, 11:16 PM
Wonderful news Jan! Looking forward to the results! :)

Jan
02-28-2014, 12:05 AM
Wonderful news Jan! Looking forward to the results! :)

thanks,
been making files for the Rum Bum Porsche tonight

now to turn my time to the Abarth.......

msjulie33
02-28-2014, 12:13 AM
exciting news!

trevc
02-28-2014, 10:14 AM
It's tomorrow - more updates please! :-)

Jan
02-28-2014, 02:17 PM
It's tomorrow - more updates please! :-)

Pleased to report...................SUCCESS!

One of our Porsche race teams has our master slave tool.
Took 9minutes to successfully flash the file onto the ecu through the OBDII port........
car now runs smooth like stock with 22.3psi all the way to redline.

dylansi
02-28-2014, 02:23 PM
VIDEO!!! gr_grin

Is this on a stock car?

Jan
02-28-2014, 02:25 PM
VIDEO!!! gr_grin

Is this on a stock car?

bone stock. Going to get an intercooler and intake
I'll see if they can get away from the Porsche's later today to video it.

mudking
02-28-2014, 02:43 PM
This is great news! Can't wait for further details.
Thanks for your time into this. :thumbsup:

stubtail
02-28-2014, 03:05 PM
thewave

shadowshaggy
02-28-2014, 08:01 PM
Pleased to report...................SUCCESS!

One of our Porsche race teams has our master slave tool.
Took 9minutes to successfully flash the file onto the ecu through the OBDII port........
car now runs smooth like stock with 22.3psi all the way to redline.

Sooo.....wow? Sorry, that isn't good enough of a word for that kind of result. Congrats Jan, we knew that if you put your mind to it - amazing results would follow gr_grin

What do we have to look forward to, as far as being able to (lets say beta test :)) get some of these tunes out in the wild and test out the various upgrade levels?

02-28-2014, 08:14 PM
Great stuff, nice work. Looking forward to the numbers on this. Finally we are seeing an OBD flash tune, weve all been waiting for this. Games a changing!!

trevc
02-28-2014, 09:44 PM
Exciting news! After 2 yrs I think this is going to be the breakout year for Abarth tuning!

Tweak
02-28-2014, 09:59 PM
Exciting news! After 2 yrs I think this is going to be the breakout year for Abarth tuning!

Now we just gotta get dibs on being beta testers Trevor! I think our Dragon run might be an excellent "testing ground". :D

zyxelenator
02-28-2014, 10:21 PM
What about 500T guys? will it work eliminating soft difference vs Abarth like Torks tune?

msjulie33
02-28-2014, 10:55 PM
Very cool - never managed a Jan-tune when I had my MINI... of course we want to know where and when :)

Jan
02-28-2014, 11:34 PM
I'm going to be at cars & coffee tomorrow in Irvine. Anyone want to come over so I can ID the car? I have a few versions of software and need more to add to the data bank
Also if you have one of the versions I have I will throw a tune on the car you can take for a test drive. I can flash it back to stock in 9min.

Jan
02-28-2014, 11:58 PM
should have some video from the car later tomorrow. He said it was too hard to hold the phone and try to hold onto the wheel........

tknospdr
03-01-2014, 10:51 PM
Well?

Razer500
03-02-2014, 12:43 AM
An obd tune that I could revert and later reflash is the only kind of tune I'll ever consider. I've never tuned a car before, but this sure has me interested for sure. I'm worried about reliability more than speed, so will there be options for the conservative Abarth driver scared to break anything at all?

Going to break my heart if it works out great and I can't afford it lol!

Abarth Phreak
03-02-2014, 01:57 AM
so will there be options for the conservative Abarth driver scared to break anything at all?

Yes, staying stock is an option! ;)

Abarth Phreak
03-02-2014, 01:58 AM
I'm going to be at cars & coffee tomorrow in Irvine. Anyone want to come over so I can ID the car? I have a few versions of software and need more to add to the data bank
Also if you have one of the versions I have I will throw a tune on the car you can take for a test drive. I can flash it back to stock in 9min.

Jan, let me know if you may need another car to look at for anything. I am not too far and wouldn't mind helping out if needed.

shagghie
03-02-2014, 02:37 AM
Pm sent Jan. Glad to help however I can.
Mods in my sig. 2013 car.

Jan
03-02-2014, 10:58 AM
Jan, let me know if you may need another car to look at for anything. I am not too far and wouldn't mind helping out if needed.

please take a picture of the hardware /software version on your ecu. If I have it in the data base I can flash it through your port

Pm sent Jan. Glad to help however I can.
Mods in my sig. 2013 car.

the pic of your ecu didn't show in the pm

just waiting back for the videos (sorry for the delay)
making a tune that won't break the car is quite simple. It won't have max performance but it will definitely be better than stock

802Abarth
03-02-2014, 01:01 PM
When is the expected date for this to go on sale and what is the estimated price?

Jan
03-02-2014, 01:58 PM
When is the expected date for this to go on sale and what is the estimated price?

It will be $865 shipped with the flash tool
the tool will hold multiple maps that we can develop for meth, race gas etc
I will be doing intro pricing once I get more of the ecu's in the data base because right now not everyone can get it if they want it.
I have 3 of the versions currently and need to get the others so others can be a part of the group buy. All I need is the setting file.
9min to flash the ecu through the OBDII port to a tuned file or stock file

jflexe99
03-02-2014, 03:17 PM
So with the flash tune, will the counter go up and the dealer see if we bring our cars back with stock flashed back?

So you are developing a tune with 93 octane, intake and fmic? Might I ask which intake and fmic?

msjulie33
03-02-2014, 03:31 PM
Is there anything the tune can do, or you can do, to improve the cold-engine behavior? Feels like the car is over rich / over high rpm and feels like an old carb'ed car overly choked... I know, small niggle but if it's tweakable, figured to ask. Thanks

Jan
03-02-2014, 03:57 PM
So with the flash tune, will the counter go up and the dealer see if we bring our cars back with stock flashed back?

So you are developing a tune with 93 octane, intake and fmic? Might I ask which intake and fmic?
No the dealer will not be able to see it
car is 100% stock now
the next tune will be with a fmic and intake
don't have any parts yet

Is there anything the tune can do, or you can do, to improve the cold-engine behavior? Feels like the car is over rich / over high rpm and feels like an old carb'ed car overly choked... I know, small niggle but if it's tweakable, figured to ask. Thanks

I am sure it is possible. ... just working on finding the other maps first

delawaredart
03-04-2014, 04:53 PM
any chance of tune working for dart? or making a map for the dart?

Tweak
03-04-2014, 08:22 PM

Welcome to the forum.

I imagine this will work for the Dart and L but that may take a bit more time...Jan will def let you know once he is around to see your question. :cool:

JCAV80226
03-06-2014, 08:25 AM
In for more ive been waiting too long for and OBD port tune....... i already have 37k miles on my Abarth.

Jan
03-06-2014, 09:34 AM

as soon as I can get a car to test I will let you know

dart_1.4T
03-06-2014, 10:31 AM
@Jan - You should post on the dodge-dart.org site, I'm sure there are guys close to your area willing to let you use their cars for testing. If you were close to Ohio I would give you mine to test. Great work btw

Jan
03-06-2014, 10:44 AM
@Jan - You should post on the dodge-dart.org site, I'm sure there are guys close to your area willing to let you use their cars for testing. If you were close to Ohio I would give you mine to test. Great work btw

thanks, you have a link to the main forum of Darts?
Next week I plan to finally start work on the engine parts. I'll be CNC'ing a big valve head, making rods/pistons and possibly a stroker kit. Once I get it apart and measure I will have more info to share.

oops, just saw you put the site up...........will do........thanks

Tweak
03-06-2014, 04:03 PM
We all know your feelings on things mnueman and stig I understand your replied but keep all of it out of the public forum, the dramatics and back and forth isn't needed especially here in this thread nor is it desired elsewhere. These comments do not serve to help anyone. IF there is an issue with the tune from Tork let him and those with an issue figure it out, from other threads the problems are somewhat limited and hiccups along the way are to be expected when stepping into uncharted territory. This thread is about Jan and his goal to release an OBDII tune for which he will need to soon become a vendor and release to the public, other comments and ridiculous exaggerations have no place here. Thanks.

Now to go back and clean up this thread...Tork and Jan both of you were speaking mostly to one another and have shown respect for one another so in an effort to not have previous quoted posts showing and to keep this thread "cleaned up" your last posts are also both hidden but none have been removed. If Chris sees fit to make any changes he can Approve them but this will allow him or another staff member to see what has been posted and decide how to proceed.

shagghie
03-06-2014, 07:37 PM
Jan- Did you get my PM with the pic of my ECU software/hw version, etc.? Sent early last week I believe. Let me know here or via PM if not.

shagghie
03-06-2014, 07:44 PM
Resent, check pm.
She's waiting:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h6/shagghie/Isabella/AG%20F140%20Teal%20Mirror%204x98/47B528E8-94AF-4548-981C-7C456914A46B.jpg (http://s60.photobucket.com/user/shagghie/media/Isabella/AG%20F140%20Teal%20Mirror%204x98/47B528E8-94AF-4548-981C-7C456914A46B.jpg.html)

Jan
03-06-2014, 08:18 PM
got the pic, thanks

Jan
03-11-2014, 01:00 AM
this is a 100% stock car. Not even the emission hose fix. It's the 4th map I have sent to him to test. No idea how fast this is as I'm used to much faster cars. Please weigh in with comments.

http://s1129.photobucket.com/user/jbskers/media/20140310_220656_zpsd68a568d.mp4.html

shadowshaggy
03-11-2014, 10:12 AM
Looking like 22psi peak and about 19-20 sustained. Better than 18 peak 15-17 sustained like most cars get :)

Yes, much faster ;)

Jan
03-11-2014, 10:30 AM
Looking like 22psi peak and about 19-20 sustained. Better than 18 peak 15-17 sustained like most cars get :)

Yes, much faster ;)

thanks, I have nothing to compare to so any feedback is good
I think it has quite a bit more in it with an intercooler, downpipe and CAI
Once he gets other parts on it, I'll probably fly down to Florida to tune it in person so I can get some hands on feel for it
Next week I'm starting on the big valve head for this engine.

ScorpionSkins.com
03-11-2014, 10:41 AM
Looking good Jan! Keeping an eye for continued developments...

jflexe99
03-11-2014, 11:02 AM
Great news! I only have ATM FMIC and ATM HCI...it seems as the acceleration is about as quick as your tune. Can't wait to see tune with FMIC and Intake!

Tuning on 93 octane? 91?

Jan
03-11-2014, 11:08 AM
Great news! I only have ATM FMIC and ATM HCI...it seems as the acceleration is about as quick as your tune. Can't wait to see tune with FMIC and Intake!

Tuning on 93 octane? 91?

93 but I'm no where pushing the car yet
he's hoping to get it on the dyno next week for some baselines

krayzielilsmoki
03-11-2014, 11:33 AM
This is great to hear! Awesome progress. If this is anything like the Tork tune then there will be some very happy customers.
Best of luck getting this thing finished and thanks for your hard work.

BigDaddySRT
03-11-2014, 11:48 AM

Yes, much faster ;)

What... I don't think we are watching the same video?

I saw 18psi sustained.
I saw 15psi sustained.

At the end... you can see the car encounter an overboost scenario when he pushed the Clutch down.

The Shift Indicator Flashing meaning the car isn't in SPORT Mode... why isn't it in SPORT Mode?

The ESP System is Full ON... why not run in Partial OFF, or FULL OFF Mode?

BigDaddySRT
03-11-2014, 11:49 AM
93 but I'm no where pushing the car yet
he's hoping to get it on the dyno next week for some baselines

I would think they should have put the car on the Rollers first thing to establish that the "base tune" was appropriate for their application.

Jan
03-11-2014, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the feedback
I have asked for a dyno
It's one of the techs cars
the Pcars come first

shadowshaggy
03-11-2014, 02:41 PM
What... I don't think we are watching the same video?

I saw 18psi sustained.
I saw 15psi sustained.

At the end... you can see the car encounter an overboost scenario when he pushed the Clutch down.

The Shift Indicator Flashing meaning the car isn't in SPORT Mode... why isn't it in SPORT Mode?

The ESP System is Full ON... why not run in Partial OFF, or FULL OFF Mode?

I was watching on my phone, but that is what it looked like to me - better quality video would be great. I agree however, why qas SPORT not on? If that is SPORT off, then I have a hard time seeing what ON would be like ;) sounds fun tho. It was slipping the tires at the top of 3rd gear, exciting coolgleam

Kmorningstar01
03-12-2014, 08:09 AM
I'm the owner of this car and I can assure you it was in sport mode when making these videos. You both know that you can set your shift light to come on in sport and normal mode... I guess I play with all my buttons in my car. The car sees a peak on the gauge at 24psi at times. As of right now the car is running good and we are hoping to run to the dyno today to get Jan a baseline so we can continue to work on the fine tuning.

Thanks Kyle

BigDaddySRT
03-12-2014, 09:08 AM
I'm the owner of this car and I can assure you it was in sport mode when making these videos. You both know that you can set your shift light to come on in sport and normal mode... I guess I play with all my buttons in my car. The car sees a peak on the gauge at 24psi at times. As of right now the car is running good and we are hoping to run to the dyno today to get Jan a baseline so we can continue to work on the fine tuning.

Thanks Kyle

Upon further examination of your video... you can see SPORT in the Cluster.
7,617 Miles
10:19pm
60 Degree F
Full Tank of Gas
Full Operating Temp
ESC ON

6,000 RPM (Shift Light Indicator) 15 psi
6,000 RPM (Shift Light Indicator) 15psi
6,000 RPM 16psi

I saw a Boost Spike towards the end of the video... but in the Video you never reached 24psi.

The ESC System (Mr. Squiggles) is fighting the car.

Boost Wise (Stock Gauge Reading) my Stock 2013 ABARTH runs as hard as yours.

Tweak
03-12-2014, 10:22 AM

Thanks Kyle

Welcome to the forum Kyle.

Fun watching this progress, thanks for your involvement in that.

ivmill
03-12-2014, 11:20 AM
It would be great to get this tune loaded onto a car with a proper manual boost gauge so we can get a more realistic idea of what's going on. But seeing any progress being made is a step in the right direction in my book! I'm looking forward to seeing what the dyno reads out. That'll at least shed some light on things.

Radagast
03-12-2014, 01:10 PM
This is the OBD2 port rght?

Kmorningstar01
03-12-2014, 02:29 PM
We have an obd scanner on the car while we log and can see accurate boost numbers and right now we are seeing a true 22psi peak. Jan have it bleeding off because of my lack of fmic. This is an obd reflash that we are doing.

shagghie
03-12-2014, 04:57 PM
We have an obd scanner on the car while we log and can see accurate boost numbers and right now we are seeing a true 22psi peak. Jan have it bleeding off because of my lack of fmic. This is an obd reflash that we are doing.

I could be wrong, but what I recall from earlier discussions a year ago or so was that the OBD-2 boost data was not accurate. IIRC, it was the 'called' boost, and not a measure of actual boost.

For reference, when i was running the Madness V2 pedal, the OBD-2 boost readings would show 22-23lbs, but the mechanical boost gauge I have installed would should a peak of 25 and 23-24 sustained, depending on what gear/RPM I was in.

I only started noticing deltas between OBD2 and mechanical boost readings after i got rid of all the potential boost leak points in the system though.
Namely: stock diverter valve metal ball seal, SMIC piping using press-fit 1-time use clamps that rotate/leak easily, and then the obvious boost leak that the check-valve mod fixes too off the charge pipe. Just doing hardware mods alone with the ATM FMIC, my car feels almost as fast as with any of the piggybacks on, which is why I'm selling the Madness V2 at this point. Point being; just fixing the boost leaks leads to a tremendous increase in power over stock, even on the stock tune.
A secondary point to these ramblings: the OBD-2 boost data I don't believe is accurate based on things I've read here and in part by my own experience looking at deltas between OBD2 data and mechanical boost. Hopefully this is helpful, but don't take it as authoritative because I obviously don't know the 'why' of any of it... only the 'what' I've read and observed.

For reference, this is a run where you see 24 peak, ~23 sustained... but the OBD2 data only showed a max of 22 with 21/22 sustained.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4BXPtykz8M

Tweak
03-12-2014, 08:40 PM
This is the OBD2 port rght?

Yes.

Infinite_Day
03-13-2014, 05:34 AM
Jan - am I correct in my assumption that your tune is only changing the mapping of the car in sport mode and non-sport mode will stay the same? Just don't want to kill my fuel economy all of the time if I decide to go this route when you have it ready.

dart1.4t
03-13-2014, 08:13 AM
I could be wrong, but what I recall from earlier discussions a year ago or so was that the OBD-2 boost data was not accurate. IIRC, it was the 'called' boost, and not a measure of actual boost.

For reference, when i was running the Madness V2 pedal, the OBD-2 boost readings would show 22-23lbs, but the mechanical boost gauge I have installed would should a peak of 25 and 23-24 sustained, depending on what gear/RPM I was in.

I only started noticing deltas between OBD2 and mechanical boost readings after i got rid of all the potential boost leak points in the system though.
Namely: stock diverter valve metal ball seal, SMIC piping using press-fit 1-time use clamps that rotate/leak easily, and then the obvious boost leak that the check-valve mod fixes too off the charge pipe. Just doing hardware mods alone with the ATM FMIC, my car feels almost as fast as with any of the piggybacks on, which is why I'm selling the Madness V2 at this point. Point being; just fixing the boost leaks leads to a tremendous increase in power over stock, even on the stock tune.
A secondary point to these ramblings: the OBD-2 boost data I don't believe is accurate based on things I've read here and in part by my own experience looking at deltas between OBD2 data and mechanical boost. Hopefully this is helpful, but don't take it as authoritative because I obviously don't know the 'why' of any of it... only the 'what' I've read and observed.

For reference, this is a run where you see 24 peak, ~23 sustained... but the OBD2 data only showed a max of 22 with 21/22 sustained.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4BXPtykz8M

it should be possible to read the MAP sensor and do a conversion. there is also a boost sensor on the cold side of the intercooler piping, you would have to make sure you were reading the right pid for output of this sensor or the map sensor and not the commanded/target boost.

Jan
03-13-2014, 12:19 PM
Jan - am I correct in my assumption that your tune is only changing the mapping of the car in sport mode and non-sport mode will stay the same? Just don't want to kill my fuel economy all of the time if I decide to go this route when you have it ready.

I will be able to make the map however you want for reg/sport mode
so if you want a "stock" reg mode......no problem
if you want a "hotter" reg mode.......no problem

shagghie
03-13-2014, 01:20 PM
Hi Jan, check PM's when you get a chance. Just checking in on the Italians...

Jan
03-22-2014, 12:52 PM
Hi Jan, check PM's when you get a chance. Just checking in on the Italians...

pretty sure we have some great news to report. All ecu's should now be able to read out from the OBDII port w/o having to crack them open
I'll have a definite on them Monday. If so I will start dedicating more time to this. I have the head going in to start porting. I'll flow bench it first so you can see all of the data.

Abarth Five O
03-27-2014, 01:05 PM
Tweak, this tread is too good to be missed, which I did and am just now getting up to speed, as I rarely read the regular 500 section. It should be moved more appropriately to the Abarth performance section which is where the action is for members who are looking for the best performance mods for their Abarth.

shagghie
03-27-2014, 05:58 PM
Tweak, this tread is too good to be missed, which I did and am just now getting up to speed, as I rarely read the regular 500 section. It should be moved more appropriately to the Abarth performance section which is where the action is for members who are looking for the best performance mods for their Abarth.

agreed! I missed Jan's reply to my question, and now I understand why he hasn't been able to PM me back yet...Jan, sorry I missed this, you can ignore my PM just now if you are short on time. Ta!

Isuzuperforma
04-14-2014, 01:59 AM
I want this! Out of curiosity, what's the stock boost maxing out at on a 500t? Abarth? Only had mine like 4 days and have no boost gauge...

TC

opiateESP
04-14-2014, 02:08 AM
I want this! Out of curiosity, what's the stock boost maxing out at on a 500t? Abarth? Only had mine like 4 days and have no boost gauge...

TC

Generally 15 for the 500T, 18 for the Abarth but it's not as cut and dry as that. Sometimes a 500T will hit 17 and sometimes and Abarth will hit 21. It's driven by power targets that the ECU is trying to hit.

Isuzuperforma
04-14-2014, 02:47 AM
Generally 15 for the 500T, 18 for the Abarth but it's not as cut and dry as that. Sometimes a 500T will hit 17 and sometimes and Abarth will hit 21. It's driven by power targets that the ECU is trying to hit.

Oh ok...interesting. Thanks for the reply by the way. So, the extra horsepower the Abarth has is due to 3 more psi and a more flowing exhaust. Nothing a boost controller can't fix lol...right? Still want the remapped ECU though. It appears these cars have a 2 bar map sensors...which is awesome!

dart1.4t
04-14-2014, 08:42 AM
Oh ok...interesting. Thanks for the reply by the way. So, the extra horsepower the Abarth has is due to 3 more psi and a more flowing exhaust. Nothing a boost controller can't fix lol...right? Still want the remapped ECU though. It appears these cars have a 2 bar map sensors...which is awesome!

it's not as easy as that. there is also a limiter that tracks changes in wheel or engine speed. so if you greatly exceed the power targets it knows and will pull power. the abarth seems more liberal than the T. the T typically only gains 20hp or so with a boost controller/piggyback. but an abarth can gain in excess of 30.

the reflash on a 500T is the way to go really. it'll make the car a whole different animal.

Isuzuperforma
04-14-2014, 09:51 AM
Resent, check pm.
She's waiting:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h6/shagghie/Isabella/AG%20F140%20Teal%20Mirror%204x98/47B528E8-94AF-4548-981C-7C456914A46B.jpg (http://s60.photobucket.com/user/shagghie/media/Isabella/AG%20F140%20Teal%20Mirror%204x98/47B528E8-94AF-4548-981C-7C456914A46B.jpg.html)

Nice car Shaggie...

Isuzuperforma
04-14-2014, 10:01 AM
it's not as easy as that. there is also a limiter that tracks changes in wheel or engine speed. so if you greatly exceed the power targets it knows and will pull power. the abarth seems more liberal than the T. the T typically only gains 20hp or so with a boost controller/piggyback. but an abarth can gain in excess of 30.

the reflash on a 500T is the way to go really. it'll make the car a whole different animal.

Ok gotcha, thanks for great explanation. I was definitely going for the reflashing anyways. These are seemingly different animals than my DSM lol...of course. I'm in "Sponge Bob" mode absorbing you guys great info in here. Newbie to 500T talk but not turbo performance in general. Very excited about my lil lean muscle machine.

TC

dylansi
04-14-2014, 08:56 PM
I have an Abarth and I am running a basic tune from Jan and can tell you the car is a beast. I can see constant boost over 20PSI on a real a boost gauge and see boost spike to 27PSI in 5th gear :jaw:

Abarth Five O
04-14-2014, 09:23 PM
It's the real deal, no bs and it's only going to get better once Jan finishes his maps. :rockon:

Abarth Five O
05-11-2014, 03:07 PM
Hi Jan, any update? We look forward to hearing from you.

shagghie
05-11-2014, 07:10 PM
I have an Abarth and I am running a basic tune from Jan and can tell you the car is a beast. I can see constant boost over 20PSI on a real a boost gauge and see boost spike to 27PSI in 5th gear :jaw:

That's more boost than grampa on a toilet wow!

dylansi
05-12-2014, 02:05 AM
That's more boost than grampa on a toilet wow!

HAHA I know right. Fifth was the best improvement over stock. With Torque app I see 23psi, on the gauge it shows 27psi. I haven't watched the gauge and data logged through torque at the same time to see if there were any inconsistencies yet. You can certainly feel it though.

Infinite_Day
06-10-2014, 06:11 AM
Is this project dead in the water, then?

Tweak
06-10-2014, 09:34 PM
Is this project dead in the water, then?

Last I recall was an indefinite hold due to a lack of the handheld units I believe.

fiat500 finatic
08-25-2014, 02:27 PM
Wait I just read thru all that excitement to hear its dead in the water???:BS:

gundam2000
08-25-2014, 03:34 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I want this to be happening so badly.

trevc
08-25-2014, 04:03 PM
Free beer tomorrow!

Abarth Five O
08-25-2014, 08:27 PM
Wait I just read thru all that excitement to hear its dead in the water???:BS:

Welcome to the forum. :deadhorse:

GHAZAN
08-25-2014, 09:29 PM
what happened to madness' version?

shadowshaggy
08-25-2014, 10:28 PM
Slated for consumer hand helds in the next few weeks or so, and you can go to the shop now and have it uploaded.

luka
08-26-2014, 12:15 PM
Where is Jan located?

lammie200
08-26-2014, 12:33 PM
Slated for consumer hand helds in the next few weeks or so, and you can go to the shop now and have it uploaded.

Can you tell us a bit about your OBDII tune? What kind of gains have you seen?

shadowshaggy
08-26-2014, 12:41 PM
PM me as I am not going to thread jack despite it being an old one

Abarth Five O
08-26-2014, 01:34 PM
Where is Jan located?

SoCal, check out Revolution Mini Works (RMW) on FB. Hope he is still pursuing a tune for our Abarths.

Kmorningstar01
12-04-2014, 07:13 PM
Hey guys!!! Sorry for such a long delayed response, I've currently still have the same tune in my car with zero problems. Jan and I have acutally started getting deeper in the maps and are starting to fine tune something's. But this is still an amazing tune.

dylansi
12-04-2014, 08:37 PM
Would love to meet up with Jan again someday here on the east coast, he came to Hawaii a while back and did a rough tune on mine.

Mine still going strong also...JAN come tobththe east coast and let's get this baby back on the dyno!

Abarth Five O
12-04-2014, 09:45 PM
I actually witnessed Dylansi's tune and it was very impressive. With more dyno time, it will even get better. Jan should also make his tunes available to the general public asap i.e. obd2 handheld tuner as I believe there's still a strong demand for alternative tunes from a reputable tuner with race proven experience.

GHAZAN
12-04-2014, 10:17 PM
It'd be nice for some competition because the other EC unit is too pricey for me and the fiat market IMO.

Kmorningstar01
12-12-2014, 12:18 PM
New updated tune Jan has made is amazing!! Trying to get gopro video very soon!

Abarth Five O
12-12-2014, 01:17 PM

Let's see it! More info please...:eagerness:

dylansi
12-12-2014, 02:16 PM
When can Jan get on the forums or how can I contact him. Would love to meet up on the east coast to refine his tune on my car more...I'm sure he comes here for races

shagghie
12-12-2014, 02:50 PM

awesome news! Jan is a world class tuner and is also able to work very fast with his experience. He's been tuning this platform for a long time now and I look forward to things to come, too. One thing about Jan I know is always in it to win it when it comes to power and performance. Hurry up and post that vid!

bootychickens
12-12-2014, 05:05 PM

if you have a legit boost gauge can you please (if at all possible) mount the gopro where you can see boost and rpm while your driving in the video.

abarth661
01-28-2015, 05:20 PM
Tomorrow I expect to remote tune through the OBDII port the 1st Abarth. Yes a tune straight through the OBDII port..........
Once I have all of the files you will be able to go to an authorized flash tuner and get it uploaded directly or buy the flash tool which will be available shortly.

Once I have the tune perfected it will be for sale and I'll become a vendor. I'm about ready to start the engine performance upgrades next.
Time to fly..............

ya if you need any more cars to test on. i got a 2013 abarth catless DP, ecm, intake, exhaust, coilovers, dv+, up pipe, turbo blanket, and downpipe jacket. plus some more