PDA

View Full Version : Abarth badge recoloring ideas

Abarthsc
02-15-2014, 10:05 PM
I have been thinking about redoing the badges in black with a white scorpion, any ideas of the best way to accomplish this? Thanks in advance

Tweak
02-16-2014, 12:11 AM
I have been thinking about redoing the badges in black with a white scorpion, any ideas of the best way to accomplish this? Thanks in advance

Get with your dealer and see if they have some spare laying around, I know the 500 badges were being replaced under warranty all the time but these were not the Abarth badges. I did heard of a few though that needed their badges replaced so might be worth testing with a spare. You can alternatively test things out with Plasti-Dip on the cheap and see how you like the looks without committing to the idea in the event you dislike it. Other than that I guess you'll be using some fine sandpaper and decent paint.

FTY
02-16-2014, 12:36 AM
If you contact Bryan at NGEN, hes very good with exterior mods.

Ngenfiat.com

NGEN
02-17-2014, 01:34 AM
Not a bad idea...

I haven't tackled something quite like this but it could definitely be done. The easiest way would probably be to paint the entire badge black, then paint the scorpion white using a pinstripe brush, then clear coat. Or... We can get Boris to create an overlay that goes over the Abarth portion. Definitely something to think about

Crossfirecat
02-17-2014, 01:39 AM
Some Gray-Scale Badges would be pretty sweet too!

Abarthsc
02-17-2014, 11:52 AM
An overlay, of course why didn't I think of that.
Could be produced in a Miriad of colors and easily removable,
Grey scale would look pretty cool too I think.
Someone needs to talk to "Boris " as I have no idea who he is...

shadowshaggy
02-17-2014, 11:57 AM
pm krazililsmoki? I think that's how you spell it.....I just call him smoki :)

Abarthsc
02-17-2014, 02:55 PM
Getting some made up at a local place just to see, it will be a single piece vinyl, got the guy to make a rubbing of the badge for measurements 9932 just black and white to see if it works ok first.
Pic is just for color reference, the badge will follow the actual badge lines on the car
I will post up pics when I get them and put them on

Motion32
04-28-2014, 07:47 AM
Curious as to how this turned out.