PDA

View Full Version : high end shocks / springs AKA lowering springs

Radagast
02-12-2014, 04:20 PM
Im doing research about the “hard breaking/wobble” phenomenon and am curious about the springs and rear koni shocks people mention. Is the whole point here that i will be *lowering the vehicle? Or can I use the upgraded springs and/or shocks *without lowering? I’d prefer to not lower my suspension at this time. Can I use the Koni rear shocks, for example, without lowering?

shadowshaggy
02-12-2014, 04:24 PM
Yes, you can toss in a rear set of Koni Yellow's without new rear springs. There'll be a set of Koni Yellow's for the front sometime soon, and same thing there too. Springs affect height, not shocks/struts. "Lowering Springs" are literally shorter than the stock, so therefore the car is lower after install. Some are better than others, some are progressive rate and are more comfortable/handle better, some are just lower.

I've got Eibach Pro's on mine, see signature, and ride quality? Not the best in the world, but a better set of shocks/struts would help a ton with that.

If you wanna keep stock height, but better ride; you can get a set of coil-overs and adjust the height you want; or just install a better set of dampeners (shock/strut)