PDA

View Full Version : Question on stock inner cooler plumbing

cy-clone33
02-09-2014, 08:30 PM
Has anyone considered changing the plumbing on the stock inner coolers ? it would be cheaper AND if you run AUTOX etc its not legal to replace the inner coolers themselves

Its above my skill set but I would think that an affordable kit to remove the flaws in the stock design may sell ?

Tweak
02-09-2014, 08:47 PM
Has anyone considered changing the plumbing on the stock inner coolers ? it would be cheaper AND if you run AUTOX etc its not legal to replace the inner coolers themselves

Its above my skill set but I would think that an affordable kit to remove the flaws in the stock design may sell ?

This was a recent topic of conversation I recall reading but I don't recall at the moment those involved with it, perhaps shag was the one mentioning it? Seems a more cost effective solution and worthwhile to check into as an alternative option to the new FMIC offerings.

cy-clone33
02-09-2014, 08:49 PM
Yes I would buy the FMIC IF it was legal,, maybe those guys can consider this option for those who cant switch inner coolers for either the cost or the rules they race by

NGEN
02-09-2014, 10:33 PM
Someone has done this to an extent. I also believe Chris @ Eurocompulsion was working on better piping for the stock intercoolers at some point. I am sure he will chime in.

shadowshaggy
02-09-2014, 10:36 PM
Already on that one, waiting on time to do that. March sometime, will have better answer.

BecauseRacecar
02-10-2014, 12:22 AM
FWIW, I'm interested in this too. +1

nickle
02-24-2014, 04:21 PM
+ 2

FWIW, I'm interested in this too. +1

shagghie
02-24-2014, 06:06 PM
it would be worth it. When we put on my ATM FMIC, the funniest part was just simply pulling the stock piping apart with our bare hands, and having the single use pins fall off into our hands. There is so much leak it's not even funny. Actually it was so funny the three of us were ROFLMAO on my driveway in tears. It was THAT bad and hideous.