PDA

View Full Version : My experience with a tune for my 500T

cy-clone33
02-08-2014, 09:30 PM
So I jump on the bandwagon and by the stage 3 , then it goes on a cyber Monday sell a couple weeks later for $100 less.. THEN I find out its not SCCA legal so I sell it for a loss

Then I get a message saying it is legal its just a matter of interpretation SO I pony up and buy another unit, just to come home and find out that again it is not legal here where I compete

SO I list it for ANOTHER loss and it sells quickly GOOD NEWS RIGHT, I come home from the shop today and the wifes NEW PUPPY chewed the connector off of it, I had went to work and left it on the coffee table so I could get it shipped

Now I have to refund the mans money of course, AND have to try to fix it, and its still not legal,, tough day thanks for allowing me to vent

Abarth Five O
02-09-2014, 12:16 AM
Sorry to hear about your woos. I'm sure the guys at R/R will help u restore it back to a sell-able unit. Aren't u getting the Tork tune?

cy-clone33
02-09-2014, 12:20 AM
I was till this, I have a friend whos the maintenance foreman on the Rock Island arsenal, he will be able to order me a new connector and do the repair,, but thank you

The tork tune for me became unachievable when the price went up $200 , but that's my fault for not having the $$ in time

Fiat500USA
02-09-2014, 01:37 AM
Sorry to hear about the dog chewing the connector. My sister's dog ate the owners manual for my Lancia Scorpion like 30 years ago and I am still bummed! Hope it works out.

Abarth Five O
02-09-2014, 03:37 PM
I was till this, I have a friend whos the maintenance foreman on the Rock Island arsenal, he will be able to order me a new connector and do the repair,, but thank you

The tork tune for me became unachievable when the price went up $200 , but that's my fault for not having the $$ in time

That's good news. It's frustrating when SCCA rules are subject to interpretation on piggyback tuners, etc. They need to clean up their act or they will lose members. Tork's tune is evolving and their price may come back down as competitive pressures increase i.e. Unichip is also getting into the fray as recently posted on this forum.

Tweak
02-09-2014, 10:02 PM
I can't imagine having done or dealt with any of this, I would have been beyond frustrated! Hope it works out well for you in the end buddy!