PDA

View Full Version : Local Dealer Advertising

evbruno
01-26-2014, 04:24 AM
I was watching the 24 Jan 2014 episode of Helix on Syfy channel and the local Fremont, CA dealer ran 6 locally made 500e spots during the show.

evbruno
03-07-2014, 04:27 AM
I am seeing more 500e ads on local 11:00 News, the oddest local ad segment I have seen (multiple times) is one show on the Syfy channel states "brought to by the Fiat 500L" then shows a Dodge Dart ad.

Ballinger
03-07-2014, 12:32 PM
We saw a 500e commercial last night, but it appeared to be a "national" or "general" spot, and didn't reference any local dealers. Quite a surprise, actually.

rnddude
03-07-2014, 02:20 PM
In LA we have been saturated with 500e ads. Makes you wonder, because it is my understanding that the e's have been selling very well regardless (and at a loss no less), so why would they drop all the ad dollars? Methinks that the surprise success of the 500e in California points to a change in corporate thinking from just producing/selling the minimum amount to meet compliance, to a philosophy of selling as many as possible to increase brand awareness and technological prowness. Switching to a volume sales approach would definitely bring the unit costs down eventually to a point where the car is profitable.