PDA

View Full Version : OBD port tune

cy-clone33
01-25-2014, 07:32 PM
Ive heard that a few test vehicles are out there.. I don't know who is offering it BUT I would like to get a message to them.. I have a 2013 500T and would like to offer it as a test for the OBDII I expect to PAY FULL COST Im not asking for a handout.. I just want the tune ASAP we start AUTOX in 2 months. I think that I may have decent input as to its racing performance in the T models etc can anyone hook me up with the current BETA testers or supply the name of the Company doing this project THANKS

dart1.4t
01-25-2014, 09:04 PM
Ive heard that a few test vehicles are out there.. I don't know who is offering it BUT I would like to get a message to them.. I have a 2013 500T and would like to offer it as a test for the OBDII I expect to PAY FULL COST Im not asking for a handout.. I just want the tune ASAP we start AUTOX in 2 months. I think that I may have decent input as to its racing performance in the T models etc can anyone hook me up with the current BETA testers or supply the name of the Company doing this project THANKS

i believe those are bench tunes to prove things out for a future obd tune. i don't think they actually have the handshake all figured out to flash over obd2 yet.

cy-clone33
01-25-2014, 09:23 PM
Thanks that's what Im trying to find out,, I hope that an actual tester replies but I do appreciate the respose

opiateESP
01-25-2014, 11:30 PM

OBD II is just a way to upload the tune. It holds it's own encryption which I believe is the issue. The OBD vs bench is merely the difference in how to upload the same file.

For the record, I drive the Tork beta test 500T.

cy-clone33
01-26-2014, 12:01 AM
Yes sir I understand that, but if you live in Illinois and only have 1 car the OBD is a better option, I don't have to remove the ECU and lose my car for 3 days

opiateESP
01-26-2014, 01:41 AM
Yes sir I understand that, but if you live in Illinois and only have 1 car the OBD is a better option, I don't have to remove the ECU and lose my car for 3 days

The beta testing part is running the tune, not how it's installed. That's all I was saying.

I hope the OBD II tuners are released for you folks soon, you don't know what you're missing :D

shadowshaggy
01-26-2014, 02:15 AM
The "handshake" isn't exactly the issue, port flashing has a counter on the ECM so the dealer can see how many times it's been flashed. If you're willing to forego that, there's not much left.

Jan
01-26-2014, 01:37 PM
The "handshake" isn't exactly the issue, port flashing has a counter on the ECM so the dealer can see how many times it's been flashed. If you're willing to forego that, there's not much left.

when we OBDII flash it you can't tell how many times its been flashed

cy-clone33
01-26-2014, 02:10 PM
Jan you have a PM

shadowshaggy
01-26-2014, 02:49 PM
That's what TorkMe has been on about, I don't do programming anymore so I don't know - just repeating his info.

TorkMe
01-29-2014, 09:37 PM

OBDII is a better option, its going to be a very long time before its possible.

It is the handshake and the port flash counter that is causing some issues.

Really? On the Fiat or other models?

I can port flash Dodge, Ford and GM's all day long without the flash counter working. Problem being... there is a separate chipset that counts each time the OBDII port communications is open for read/write on the MM Fiat ECU. I don't know anyone that has cracked that code for that separate chip set in the MM Fiat ECU. Not only that but the new Tricore Bosch ECU's... they have flash counters in 3 different locations when you port flash. Its now "impossible" to hide that the ECU has been OBDII port flashed on most of the new Tricore processors. The manufactures are getting smart.

abarth661
04-26-2014, 02:45 PM
did you hear anything back on this i would also like to look into this

cy-clone33
04-26-2014, 04:42 PM
there are a couple threads about it, I sent my unit in, couldn't wait any longer

Tweak
04-27-2014, 12:23 AM
did you hear anything back on this i would also like to look into this

Welcome to the forum.