PDA

View Full Version : FIAT 500X leaked through Patent Renderings!

MADNESSLuckyJay
01-23-2014, 01:12 PM
http://www.worldcarfans.com/114012369160/fiat-500x-leaks-out-through-patent-sketches

Robert Nixon
01-23-2014, 01:22 PM
Any ideas if the 500X comes to the US? The link states they will be built in Italy, and lists the Euro versions of the current engines.

MADNESSLuckyJay
01-23-2014, 01:59 PM
No report yet if they'll offer both models here (Jeepster/500X) But I think that they would, it would make sense.

Doohickie
01-23-2014, 03:00 PM
It would give Fiat entry into the mainstream American market. Think of Hyundai: They used the Santa Fe to penetrate into the U.S. SUV market and came up with a big seller. The small SUVs (RAV4, CRX, Santa fe) always seem to grow once they get popular, but I think there's a niche for small SUVs/crossovers that comes and goes.

shadowshaggy
01-23-2014, 03:12 PM
They've already suggested the 500X coming here, but that's not what I wanted....I want one in Abarth size with AWD :)

squeeze
01-23-2014, 04:26 PM
They've already suggested the 500X coming here, but that's not what I wanted....I want one in Abarth size with AWD :)

Agreed!

shadowshaggy
01-23-2014, 04:28 PM
I'll go way upside down in trade-in for an Abarth AWD with more hp or bigger engine. Hell, it can have the same 1.4L Multi-Air Turbo it has now and I'll take one. That way I can just toss the parts I already have into it. AWD = all grip no slip....FWD = new tires way too often.

sjmst
01-23-2014, 06:03 PM
Looks great. Here, IMHO, are the requirements for a successful FIAT:

1) Good looking? (check;read "mainstream")
2) AWD option? (Check)
3) Four doors? (Check)
4) Bigger than the 500? (Check).

This will be FIAT's biggest seller in the US. Period. And that's the goal. That's the requirement. If only they could have brough the X over instead of the L.

shadyabarth
01-23-2014, 06:44 PM
I agree..Would be nice to have one with Launch control and paddle shifted dual clutch tranny as well..

shadyabarth
01-23-2014, 06:46 PM
I'll go way upside down in trade-in for an Abarth AWD with more hp or bigger engine. Hell, it can have the same 1.4L Multi-Air Turbo it has now and I'll take one. That way I can just toss the parts I already have into it. AWD = all grip no slip....FWD = new tires way too often.

Forget about the new tires part-Just the lost race from a standstill due to traction issues is enough to warrant AWD

MADNESSLuckyJay
01-23-2014, 06:46 PM
If there was some cross between the 500X and the Ford Raptor, wearing an ABARTH badge.... yeeeeah

NOT POWERED BY FORD! Just the off road type of aspect they gave the Raptor applied to the 500X

Andree
01-23-2014, 06:55 PM

It may be coming, but it would be after the 500X proves to be a good seller.

There is room in Fiat's line for a small AWD. We still don't have the Panda in the US, which comes in a 4x4 version. Not with the Abarth engine, though:

"In 4x4 form it's even more engaging and, more importantly, one of the few cars of its size and class that's so equipped. Rivals are few and far between, with only the Dacia Duster and Suzuki SX4 presenting themselves as genuine alternatives.

With just 150mm of ground clearance the Panda 4x4 isn't built for going far off road – it's not a Jeep or Land Rover, after all. Instead, it's best to think of it as a city car with muddy field-crossing capability."

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/fiat/panda-4x4

The Panda, Fiat 500 could be moderate to good sellers in the 4x4 configuration in the US. And Canada. There are enough weather-related challenges encouraging the 4x4 option, and making a city car that can handle the snow and slick roads would be a blessing. A much needed alternative to simply garaging a car for the majority of the winter season.

I hope Fiat will consider stepping it up a bit for the 4x4 version for the 500 family. I will liken the 4x4 to the Convertible. It's a preference, and a seasonal one at that. You may not use a convertible top-down option all year, like in the middle of monsoon season or the midst of the ice storm of the century.

Some areas of the country, it's almost always top-down season. And in long winter metropolis areas, it will be almost always 4x4 season. For safety, for traction, not for off-roading.

shadowshaggy
01-23-2014, 07:58 PM
The Panda/500L are the same idea, we just didn't get AWD. Abarth + AWD = epic ;)