PDA

View Full Version : Allen Wrench/Hex Key in Glove box of 500L

Metal Mover
01-18-2014, 10:57 PM
Hello All,

This may be a silly question: What is the Allen Wrench in the glove box for? I have a 500L Trekking manual trans with NO sunroof. I have an Allen wrench in the glove box. There is no mention of an Allen wrench in my user's manual. The ONLY reference to an Allen Wrench in regards to Fiats are the 500 sport w/sunroofs. I asked my salesman and he had no idea. He was confused by it as well. He even check his other 500L's on the lot and they all have one regardless of trim level or model type....

Thank you in advance for anyone that could shed some lite on this mystery.

ps. so far upon my own inspection it seems that the ONLY bolt that this allen wrench will fit are the Door Hinges... I HIGHLY doubt that Fiat would want their customers removing the doors.

Tweak
01-19-2014, 02:18 AM
Welcome to the forum.

I was not aware of any need besides that which you mentioned with the 500 and sunroof, maybe someone else will know what the deal is with why they have included them.

lammie200
01-19-2014, 12:12 PM
It might be to replace the cabin air filter. I got one too. But I also have a sunroof. I haven't seen anything about using it for the sunroof though.

Fiat500USA
01-19-2014, 01:25 PM
It is included for emergency opening/closing of the sunshade. There are suppose to be caps towards the rear of the headliner that you remove and then insert the tool. Turn clockwise to open the sunshade. Turn counter clockwise to close the sunshade. If you don't have a sunroof, you've been blessed with an extra tool! Some 500 hatchbacks don't have the tools and others do. Some also don't have the access port.

Metal Mover
01-19-2014, 09:13 PM
Thank You!!! I had figured that this tool was for Sunroofs, However I was a bit confused as to why a tool was given when the feature wasn't. Seems that the Manufacturing plant is putting them in every 500L regardless.

Tweak
01-19-2014, 10:08 PM
Thank You!!! I had figured that this tool was for Sunroofs, However I was a bit confused as to why a tool was given when the feature wasn't. Seems that the Manufacturing plant is putting them in every 500L regardless.

Sell it in the Classified area for someone that is looking for or maybe lost one perhaps...or just toss it in the toolbox, you can never have too many tools.

DeSoulo
02-20-2016, 03:53 PM
Old post but to update that the allen wrench in glove would be to:

-help remove rear tail lamp to access the bulbs, (loosen grey plastic then remove by hand)
-place in the spare tire kit area