PDA

View Full Version : Qc machine new vendor

cy-clone33
01-18-2014, 05:30 PM
Hello.. we intend to bring 3 items to the community that are functional as well as cost friendly

We are a complete machine shop with CNC and manual machines in business for the last 7 years

A small independent company we have the ability to keep overhead down and pass these savings onto you

In a earlier thread I posted pics of our first item a lower chassis brace that DOES clear normal road obstacles and fits all 500 models ( the width is adjustable via a stainless steel m16 threaded rod)
Our 2nd item will be an engine cover made from .090 brushed alum plate
Last item will be a rear torsion bar ( sway bar ) for the non -abarths

I would like to do a group buy if enough are interested the lower chassis brace will sell at $75
Engine cover will sell at $80
Rear torsion/swaybar $175
these prices will be based on sells of 10 or more

Pics show a completed lower chassis brace bar minus paint.. a billet block of aluminum being machined for the rear swaybar mounts and a completed rod end ( also billet not stamped) that goes on the ends of the brace bar Thank you

You can talk to me directly at 309-625-0023 ( home )
Please call after 5pm central time Ron Christian

Tweak
01-18-2014, 07:26 PM
Nice pricing, look forward to seeing these come out and installed. :cool:

trevc
01-19-2014, 01:00 AM
Great to see a new vendor here!
I am interested in the lower chassis brace - how do we purchase one?

krayzielilsmoki
01-19-2014, 02:19 AM
Waiting on more info about that engine cover

shadowshaggy
01-19-2014, 11:17 AM
99% it'll be PayPal and a group buy, that's what I gather anyways.

cy-clone33
01-19-2014, 11:46 AM
I will have the first engine cover this week.. it will be a group buy..it will be 3/32 alum plate and close in design to whats already available, difference will be the price , unfinished alum ready to bolt on will be $80.. custom insignia machined in $30 ( this will be based on the extent of machining) car name etc is what Im figuring on for instance .. FIAT 500 and your name or cars nickname.. will be for $30.. Im thinking $35 down thru paypal, then 1 week to manufacture 10 of them then payment in full.. shipping will be around 12 to 15 dollars

powder coating OR anodizing can be added at actual cost no markup

shadowshaggy
01-19-2014, 02:22 PM
+1 got it right the first time

Can we get a Powered By (Scorpion logo) on the left side, I have the Injen intake so it can't be too big?

cy-clone33
01-19-2014, 02:36 PM
+1 got it right the first time

Can we get a Powered By (Scorpion logo) on the left side, I have the Injen intake so it can't be too big?

the problem doing that is the time it takes to write the program, my sole purpose for this was to make a $280 part more affordable..will I do it yes but it would not be a bargain any longer, that scorpion logo will take hrs to manually program, It is an easy task to customize the cover with a name etc, becomes a different animal when you start writing programs for graphics, especially when they are 1 offs etc..

the stig
01-19-2014, 02:38 PM
I assume the quality is good. You can put me down for a red anodized engine cover. I'll put money down on it as soon as you are ready to take orders.
If I miss the group buy when you post it please PM me. Powered by (scorpion logo) would be quite nice.

shadowshaggy
01-19-2014, 02:44 PM
What format do you need the logo? I can make it pretty much any format you want, that'll cut down on programming time at least. It depends on the CNC machine, but newer ones you can stick a vector image in and it'll cut it as long as all the lines terminate. Not familiar too much with CNC, but can work with image vectoring no issue.

If it all has to be written on the machine, then there goes that idea - if not I'll provide as much of whatever artwork I can.

cy-clone33
01-19-2014, 03:04 PM
shadowshaggy, I will investigate and PM you my machines use conversational programming ( 1980's technology ), BUT Im certain that is a patented LOGO and would not be legal for me to reproduce without paying

the stig
01-19-2014, 05:52 PM
shadowshaggy, I will investigate and PM you my machines use conversational programming ( 1980's technology ), BUT Im certain that is a patented LOGO and would not be legal for me to reproduce without paying

RRM has a scorpion cut out on their cover but not the Abarth name. They haven't had a problem with Fiat that I know of. I would be surprised if they were paying anything to use it. I would think using the Abarth name would be an issue though.
Are you going with a single layer cover, or a cover with a second layer under where the cutouts are? I know a second layer would probably cost more than your estimated price but I would pop for it. As long as it could be had for less than $200-$220 for an anodized one.

cy-clone33
01-19-2014, 06:32 PM
To be honest, I will personalize them any manner you want.. it will be just actual cost with you getting a receipt for instance if you want it anodized then whatever that cost extra is will be all you will pay.. I only want the selling price that covers material and my machining/fab time, I will see about the scorpion logo, I cant see any addition that would raise the cost anywhere near $200 unless you GOLD plate it..

krayzielilsmoki
01-19-2014, 06:52 PM
I am fine with a plain cover, preferably black. All other colors either don't match anything else on the car or they fade over time. I have had Oracal 951 vinyl decals in my engine bay for months now with no issues so Ill probably do my own customizing with decals.

cy-clone33
01-19-2014, 06:57 PM
I started a new thread just for the covers thank you

MikahB
01-19-2014, 11:52 PM
Welcome aboard as a vendor! Looks like some nice products and very reasonable prices.

cy-clone33
01-19-2014, 11:55 PM
Welcome aboard as a vendor! Looks like some nice products and very reasonable prices.

your strut was part of my inspiration to give this a try , Im targeting parts that in my opinion are either not available ( like the lower brace for the 500T and Abarth ) , or financially out
of reach for the average person ,

trevc
01-20-2014, 12:31 PM
Great to see a new vendor here. Thank you - I hope you are successful!