PDA

View Full Version : Pics of first offering from QC MACHINE.. NEW VENDOR

cy-clone33
01-18-2014, 04:34 PM
Hello.. I am ron Christian ( cy-clone33) I have a 30 yr long racing background from stock cars to karts and now SCCA AUTOX

Former Drill SGT US ARMY
Machinist for the last 20 years

I am attempting to make a product that is effective in function as well as affordable for the average man/woman..

Here are some pics of the lower chassis brace I have designed and tested for over 5000 miles, it will fit ALL models It has BILLET mounts and a 1/8 wall cross rod threaded M16 to adjust for the difference in the bolt widths between the various FIAT 500 models

IT CLEARS ALL NORMAL obstacles..using common sense not to drive over a LOG or GIANT ROCK etc, it tucks up with minimal clearance to the bottom engine plate/cover.. here are pics of the bar I made today thank you

the first offering is the completed brace ( minus paint/powder coat

2nd pic shows the billet end mounts, not stamped steel like the current offerings

3rd pic is the rod being coped to insure a tight fit prior to welding

4th pic just shows the rod ends while still in the machining process

ScorpionSkins.com
01-18-2014, 05:08 PM
Welcome (as a vendor). :)

Looking forward to seeing your product(s) come to fruition. Much success!

cy-clone33
01-18-2014, 07:18 PM
pics of billet rod ends during manufacturing and a completed end, followed by the cross tube being coped for tight fit for welding.Final pic is a billet block of alum started to make the rear swaybar mounts

Tweak
01-18-2014, 07:29 PM
Welcome to the forum as more than a member, looking like you will be a popular vendor with the lower prices offered!

cy-clone33
01-18-2014, 08:02 PM
Thank you, I already have a job, so I don't need to get rich off of the backs of others..

shadyabarth
01-18-2014, 08:04 PM
Welcome to the forum...When will this become available to the public for sale?

cy-clone33
01-18-2014, 08:17 PM
The lower brace bar is ready now, I put over 5000 miles on the prototype with ZERO ground clearance issues on a 500T lowered nearly 2 inches

I should have the engine cover done this coming week, I just had it on hold till I got everything in order, I have to rent the cell ( lathe/mill) so I need everything ready so that no time is waisted ( so I precut everything after work on my time ) then do all the machining at once, thus the need for 10 pieces so I don't go in the hole financially

The rear torsion/bracebar should be done by Feb,, The weather here ( minus 10 deg ) prevents me from being under the car to check for fit etc so I am roughing in the billet alum mounts, then once I can get under the car I will take the finite measurements for the correct geometry and fit, it will be available with 3 options either a round, hex.or stainess swaybar. powder coated etc,, The stainless option will reflect a price difference to cover the extra cost ( $25 to $35 dollars ) it will only be actual cost thank you

shadyabarth
01-18-2014, 08:30 PM
This is good to hear..Any idea of cost?

cy-clone33
01-18-2014, 09:09 PM
The lower brace is $75 it is ready now to manufactor.. the engine cover will be UNDER $100 ( 1/3 of whats currently available ) the rear torsion bar assemble will be $175

shadowshaggy
01-18-2014, 09:30 PM
Yay +1 I'm still first on the engine cover group buy, better not forget ;)

cy-clone33
01-18-2014, 09:36 PM
WILL NOT FORGET.. I hope to have the first one ready by Wednesday and will post pics

shadowshaggy
01-18-2014, 10:23 PM
Woo hoo, I still dont have a car to install it on....but should have better news Tue or Wed.

zyxelenator
01-18-2014, 10:56 PM
can you make a cover that can hold Injen scoop on top of it or be cut out around it? Injen scoop holds on double sided bolts with thick rubber gaskets.

shadowshaggy
01-19-2014, 12:31 AM
OMG, your on to what I am gonna do after car is outta body shop and I get engine cover in....dang it