PDA

View Full Version : Side mirror distortion

Bferguson
01-14-2014, 07:02 PM
Had to have the driver's side mirror replaced on my 2013 Sport, and the new one has a bad distortion in the main glass. The dealer did a second replacement, and the second mirror he the same problem. Pretty dangerous, since it distorts what you see when cars come up on the left. Anyone else had an experience like this?

Tweak
01-15-2014, 12:53 AM
Had to have the driver's side mirror replaced on my 2013 Sport, and the new one has a bad distortion in the main glass. The dealer did a second replacement, and the second mirror he the same problem. Pretty dangerous, since it distorts what you see when cars come up on the left. Anyone else had an experience like this?

Welcome to the forum.

Only distortion I have seen is the little blind spot mirror but distortion isn't the word I'd use, maybe they can switch it yet again or maybe you'll have to get with another dealer or even talk directly to FIAT HQ via their phone # or the FIAT rep FiatCares on the forum.

gypped
02-28-2015, 01:15 AM
I hate the driver's side mirror soooo much! I can never seem to get it in the right position, and I hate that little blind spot mirror. People honk at me at least twice a day when I try to change lanes, because I can never figure out how far away they really are. I feel so unsafe in this vehicle!

SeaDawg
02-28-2015, 01:48 AM
I hate the driver's side mirror soooo much! I can never seem to get it in the right position, and I hate that little blind spot mirror. People honk at me at least twice a day when I try to change lanes, because I can never figure out how far away they really are. I feel so unsafe in this vehicle!

I on the other hand literally LOVE the little blind spot mirror on the driver's side. In fact I wish the DOT in their infinite wisdom would let FIAT put one on the passenger side like they do in Europe. Mine is adjusted properly, which is a must if it is to be able to warn you of hidden vehicles blocked by that large B pillar.

jguerdat
02-28-2015, 09:38 AM
^ +1

I've added small round convex mirrors to older cars for years to help out and have a hard time without them. You don't need to know how close/far the car is in the blind spot - basically, if you can see it in the little mirror, take evasive action or at least see if it's also visible in the flat part. That's all the distance info you need.

boxerbay
03-01-2015, 09:16 PM
This http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=331270285520

Its slightly convex so you get a wide view of drivers side eliminates the blind spot.

oneflute1oboe
03-02-2015, 12:20 PM
I on the other hand literally LOVE the little blind spot mirror on the driver's side. In fact I wish the DOT in their infinite wisdom would let FIAT put one on the passenger side like they do in Europe. Mine is adjusted properly, which is a must if it is to be able to warn you of hidden vehicles blocked by that large B pillar.

Count me as another in agreement. When I was shopping, ALL of the 2-door and 3-door cars I tested have this blind spot. I read somewhere that it's because they have to make the door longer than in a 4-door in order to allow access to the back seat. I love the blind spot mirror.

I haven't noticed distortion in the main glass, but I wonder if Fiat may have "updated" this part so all of the new ones will have it. Is it supposed to be an improvement? Does anyone know?

boxerbay
03-02-2015, 02:15 PM
Define distortion?

Do you mean it has a convex curve to it. Or distorted like fun house mirror all wonky?