PDA

View Full Version : News from Detroit on Alfa

Thad
01-14-2014, 10:23 AM
Scroll to 9 minutes. Sounds like there will be Alfa dealers if you listen carefully. http://new.livestream.com/chryslerlive/ExecutiveBriefing

Robert Nixon
01-14-2014, 10:37 AM
I believe that Sergio has also stated that a more definitive announcement will be made this spring, possibly April, regarding Alfa Romeo in the US. Right now I think it's still under discussion if they will be sold along Maserati or possibly with FIAT. Service and
maintenance wise I'd think they have to go with Maserati when I think about the 4C, but looking ahead to the Giulia sedan and the Alfa/Miata, then I can picture that making a better match at a Fiat studio with service usually in the Chrysler garage.

Either way, I can also see me buying the two seater Alfa being shared with the Miata, and certainly I'd love a mid size Giulia for my wife who just happens to be named Julia.

Fiat500USA
01-14-2014, 10:17 PM
The Fiat dealers will have to sell the cars because Alfa needs the volume, so that is not really a question. And naturally, the better dealers will have first dibs. I think the big question is when.

Originally the 4C was scheduled for delivery now and I could see Maserati getting the car first because they have expertise with limited volumes and the 8C. For a Fiat dealer to invest a ton of money on the 4C, a car they may only get less then 10 of, is hard to imagine when they'll have to wait a year and a half to sell the bread and butter Alfas coming in 2015. Once those cars hit Europe, it will still take months before the US will see cars.

Andree
01-15-2014, 04:04 AM
It makes some sense to me for Maserati to have the very first cars, at the beginning of the reintroduction of Alfa to the US. Class it up, make people oooh and ahhh over them, want them, etc. Put the 4C in the position of "dream car" while the rest of the Alfa line readies up for US delivery.

When there are plenty of Alfas ready to be shipped, a few models, that's when to spread them out all over.

There may be a choice for the dealers too, to add on the Alfa name, whether they are Fiat or Maserati. There are many multi dealerships that carry Dodge and Ram Trucks. Or Chrysler and Dodge. Dodge and Jeep. Etc. It's a HUGE family of vehicles.

Mix it all up, I say.

the stig
01-20-2014, 10:54 AM
If I was a Maserati dealer I wouldn't want to put in the work and money to introduce a car like the 4c only to later have my investment in the brand be given over to the Fiat dealer.
Go Seahawks :)

bryanintowson
01-20-2014, 11:58 AM
last year, my local studio told me that they would have Alfa when it returned. (Heritage FIAT of Baltimore)

junnyquest
01-28-2014, 07:31 PM
last year, my local studio told me that they would have Alfa when it returned. (Heritage FIAT of Baltimore)

My studio says the same thing. As a matter of fact, the studio's store front was designed to one day mount an Alfa shield, replacing one of the two FIAT shields currently flanking each side of the central glass front of the showroom.

bryanintowson
01-28-2014, 10:23 PM
neat! I'll have to look at my local studio to see if they have that detail as well.

E Rossi
01-28-2014, 10:50 PM
I'm 85% sure that the Fiat Studios will get the Alfa. They paid a lot of money for the Fiat franchise, and the future Alfa Romeo was part of the franchise cost.