PDA

View Full Version : New owner here from socal 500 Sport

s005taiF
01-14-2014, 02:33 AM
Hi everybody! just picked up a 2013 500 sport manual in Verde Chiaro (light green) recently. Haven't had a chance to drive it much. Thinking about using it as a commuters since I do about 140 miles roundtrip everyday. The wifey picked it out and probably will end up driving it more often but we'll see. Interested in learning more about these little suckers...interesting car to say the least. Its kind of cool.

Tweak
01-14-2014, 11:35 AM
Congrats on the new Sport and welcome to the forum.

Robert Nixon
01-14-2014, 12:09 PM
Welcome to the Fiat family!

Lil Blue
01-15-2014, 09:28 AM
Welcome and congrads. We need pictures though...just saying. sillylol

msjulie33
01-15-2014, 10:55 AM
Welcome and congrads. We need pictures though...just saying. sillylol

:) what he said

Your commute (wow) should reward you with great mpg and fun too!

s005taiF
01-15-2014, 11:42 PM
:) what he said

Your commute (wow) should reward you with great mpg and fun too!

yes definitely!.... I'll try and get some pics up when I get some time..

Andree
01-16-2014, 04:28 PM
Hi everybody! just picked up a 2013 500 sport manual in Verde Chiaro (light green) recently. Haven't had a chance to drive it much. Thinking about using it as a commuters since I do about 140 miles roundtrip everyday. The wifey picked it out and probably will end up driving it more often but we'll see. Interested in learning more about these little suckers...interesting car to say the least. Its kind of cool.

Hey there, welcome, come on in! The Verde Chiaro is a fab color, I have it too. It's a color that surprisingly doesn't show dust, which could make it the great commuter car. You KNOW you'll be picking up dust, and it's nice to have a car that will help disguise it.

There's another Verde Chiaro owner locally, he has the convertible model. We both love the retro feel of the color. It's a color that both men and women find appealing.

Which interior did you choose? There is black with silvery gray, and brown w/silvery gray.

s005taiF
01-17-2014, 11:45 AM
Hey there, welcome, come on in! The Verde Chiaro is a fab color, I have it too. It's a color that surprisingly doesn't show dust, which could make it the great commuter car. You KNOW you'll be picking up dust, and it's nice to have a car that will help disguise it.

There's another Verde Chiaro owner locally, he has the convertible model. We both love the retro feel of the color. It's a color that both men and women find appealing.

Which interior did you choose? There is black with silvery gray, and brown w/silvery gray.

Hi there. Thanks for the comments..We got the black n silver interior with the sunroof as well. I see all kinds of different colors here and they all look great especially because this car looks like a toy...at least to me. I'll get some pics up soon...hopefully this weekend. .

s005taiF
01-20-2014, 01:10 AM
Hi everybody! just picked up a 2013 500 sport manual in Verde Chiaro (light green) recently. Haven't had a chance to drive it much. Thinking about using it as a commuters since I do about 140 miles roundtrip everyday. The wifey picked it out and probably will end up driving it more often but we'll see. Interested in learning more about these little suckers...interesting car to say the least. Its kind of cool.933493359336

Andree
01-20-2014, 07:23 AM
Hi there. Thanks for the comments..We got the black n silver interior with the sunroof as well. I see all kinds of different colors here and they all look great especially because this car looks like a toy...at least to me. I'll get some pics up soon...hopefully this weekend. .

Haha! That is exactly what one gent said about mine, that it looked like a toy, a toy you could really drive. It set us both to laughing.

I'm thinking back to being a kid and riding in those little cars, like at Disneyland Autobahn or bumper cars or carnival cars. It was a fun time of life, and there's something reminiscent of those cars in the Fiat. The car LOOKS like fun, just standing still. There's that anticipation of getting to go for a drive in this neat car. And seeing other Fiats on the road heightens the joyful feeling I get, it's like seeing others on the same fun ride.

You can take turns driving the car, but you too may find out you each need your own Fiat.

Doohickie
01-20-2014, 10:24 AM
There's that anticipation of getting to go for a drive in this neat car.

This is exactly how I feel. Can't wait till I can get back behind the wheel.

msjulie33
01-20-2014, 10:50 AM

Those cars always seem to look happy!

bryanintowson
01-20-2014, 12:00 PM
welcome to the forum! I drive my verde chiaro lounge for my 60 mile round trip commute every day. it's a great commuter car and loads of fun to zip around town in.

many happy miles to you and your new car. have you named it yet?

s005taiF
01-21-2014, 09:43 PM
Haha! That is exactly what one gent said about mine, that it looked like a toy, a toy you could really drive. It set us both to laughing.

I'm thinking back to being a kid and riding in those little cars, like at Disneyland Autobahn or bumper cars or carnival cars. It was a fun time of life, and there's something reminiscent of those cars in the Fiat. The car LOOKS like fun, just standing still. There's that anticipation of getting to go for a drive in this neat car. And seeing other Fiats on the road heightens the joyful feeling I get, it's like seeing others on the same fun ride.

You can take turns driving the car, but you too may find out you each need your own Fiat.

hahaha....she is already making claims to the car. I do agree that the car looks like fun when its just parked there.

s005taiF
01-21-2014, 09:46 PM
welcome to the forum! I drive my verde chiaro lounge for my 60 mile round trip commute every day. it's a great commuter car and loads of fun to zip around town in.

many happy miles to you and your new car. have you named it yet?

no names yet...would have to have 2 names depending on who drives it...lol

s005taiF
01-21-2014, 09:47 PM
Those cars always seem to look happy!

I have to agree with you on that!

Andree
01-21-2014, 10:21 PM
hahaha....she is already making claims to the car. I do agree that the car looks like fun when its just parked there.

You'll never get to sit behind the wheel again. :nono: Unless she has the key firmly in her hand, and you can maybe make car noises, while sitting in the non-running car.

So, what color are you going to pick out for your 500 Sport? :eagerness:

JCAV80226
01-22-2014, 12:10 AM
welcome!!!! great color !!!! i love the color selectuion of the regular fiats i wish the abarth line had more to choose from i think i may get a cabrio for wehn the abarth is paid off

s005taiF
01-23-2014, 12:41 AM
You'll never get to sit behind the wheel again. :nono: Unless she has the key firmly in her hand, and you can maybe make car noises, while sitting in the non-running car.

So, what color are you going to pick out for your 500 Sport? :eagerness:

If I had a choice I think I would settle for either the turbo or abarth models since they drive a little more sportier...I didn't know those models have a limited color selection. We almost got a yellow or white...but she wanted this color. This color is different so for a car like this it works out great.