PDA

View Full Version : Fully equiped machine shop wants your business

cy-clone33
01-10-2014, 11:43 PM
Over 50 yrs of combined machining experience and an avid racer and fan.. QC MACHINE specializes in prototype and short run production

Located In Iowa,, Please allow us to bid on your next project.. CNC lathe and mills.. welding..manual machines,, tight tolerance work to .0005

small shop, low overhead, good employees thank you

shadyabarth
01-10-2014, 11:54 PM
Welcome to the forum..How about a set of seat bracket adapters for the stock seats to lower the height?

rob_lewis
01-14-2014, 03:46 PM
Welcome to the forum..How about a set of seat bracket adapters for the stock seats to lower the height?

Seconded!!

-Rob

cy-clone33
01-14-2014, 07:36 PM
I am currently making adjustable lower front frame bars to stiffen the front ,( I have road tested the prototype and have had ZERO issues on a 500T that is lowered 2 full inches) it has billet mount ends, is much shorter that what is currently available and adjustable to fit abarths/500T and non turbo models and fabricating a rear swaybar for non abarths, we will make anything there is a market for, if you have a designer ( engineer) draw it we will fabricate it simple as that

zyxelenator
01-14-2014, 07:46 PM
good. Cheaper rear sway bars for non Abarths should get attention. I'm very happy with my $200 bar, this is must have item, if you are not old grandma that drives only to church.

zyxelenator
01-14-2014, 08:21 PM
Also I have an idea. Maybe stainless steel reflective or ceramic coated cover for the battery will be popular to keep it away from heat on turbo cars. If it would go over stock blanket that would be a plus (to keep it warm during winter). I would love to have red glossy battery box that is not crazily priced.

krayzielilsmoki
01-14-2014, 10:27 PM
Please make an engine cover that doesn't cost hundreds of dollars. It doesn't need to look fancy, or have laser etched graphics, or even fancy cut outs, just something simple that will cover the engine. Preferably powder coated black. Ill make my own decals to put over it.

cy-clone33
01-14-2014, 10:27 PM
a turbo blanket keeps the heat away from the battery, easy to install, we need drawings not just ideas.. then we need to see if there is a market for it.. do a group buy or similar.. a seat lowering mount would be great,, but would need designed by a pro and then still need public interests to make it feasible to fabricate, I have a donor car ( mine ) so fit and function is taken care of..

zyxelenator
01-14-2014, 11:04 PM
a turbo blanket keeps the heat away from the battery, easy to install, we need drawings not just ideas.. then we need to see if there is a market for it.. do a group buy or similar.. a seat lowering mount would be great,, but would need designed by a pro and then still need public interests to make it feasible to fabricate, I have a donor car ( mine ) so fit and function is taken care of..
I have turbo blanket, so in my case it will be more for looks. Regarding drawings/charts I'm not a pro, but can try. My wife is very good with charting and design(not car parts unfortunately).

cy-clone33
01-14-2014, 11:16 PM
Please make an engine cover that doesn't cost hundreds of dollars. It doesn't need to look fancy, or have laser etched graphics, or even fancy cut outs, just something simple that will cover the engine. Preferably powder coated black. Ill make my own decals to put over it.

this is easy,, already have one of my own started...$60 and I cut my name into it on the CNC... brushed aluminum... no coatings etc.. just a decent looking cover.. when its finished I will post pics.. its not a lot of work.. just been busy with real work...If there is an interest then producing 25 or so would be very simple

shadowshaggy
01-14-2014, 11:21 PM
I want one than will integrate the functional ram air intake in conjunction with the Injen or RRM or other similar intakes. I'll work on one when I get a chance and my car back, I can send my 3/4 ass project to someone who can make it look professional ;)

krayzielilsmoki
01-15-2014, 09:57 AM
this is easy,, already have one of my own started...$60 and I cut my name into it on the CNC... brushed aluminum... no coatings etc.. just a decent looking cover.. when its finished I will post pics.. its not a lot of work.. just been busy with real work...If there is an interest then producing 25 or so would be very simple

Definitely looking forward to those pictures! At that price Ill definitely be a customer.

shadowshaggy
01-15-2014, 09:59 AM
If you'll be willing to make these and give us the option of adding in customization - say I want a logo or text or something - for an additional small charge per item - then lets get this thing rolling. Put my name down first on the group buy :)

BigT
01-15-2014, 10:01 AM
Definitely looking forward to those pictures! At that price Ill definitely be a customer.

I'm with Boris. Inexpensive engine cover would be nice. Can't wait to see the pictures.

cy-clone33
01-15-2014, 10:37 PM
OK,, my cover is 1/16 aluminum plate, because its what I had available, I can get scraps from a local business that is large enough to make the part and it cheaper than buying from Mcmaster Carr etc.. I have never seen a cover in person to know the thickness they use but this is what I have started,, yes I can machine names etc into the cover BUT if everyone is different you are looking at 1/2hr minimum to write the program etc which translates into another $30 I will have mine done this weekend and post pics early next week..

This will be a good start, an inexpensive piece that serves its purpose,,I will also post pics of the adjustable lower chassis brace that clears standard road hazards etc and has the billet mounting points as apposed the the stamped pieces currently offered, and will adjust to fit all 500 models..my final installment is the REAR TORSION BAR ASSY.. its more labor intensive than the other pieces but will be a rockin piece when complete

shadowshaggy
01-15-2014, 10:42 PM
That's ok with all of us, $90 for a customized engine cover or add a little more for more customization and it's still better than $300 and I can have my own powdercoated so no biggie there.

lammie200
01-15-2014, 10:43 PM
I would like to see an alternative to the lower front brace that is available now. It hangs too low. It seems like someone could do something to replace the OEM stamped lower front brace that would still fit on top of the plastic belly pan.

cy-clone33
01-15-2014, 10:45 PM
I would like to see an alternative to the lower front brace that is available now. It hangs too low. It seems like someone could do something to replace the OEM stamped lower front brace that would still fit on top of the plastic belly pan.

That is what I made.. it is 1 1/8 shorter has machined billet ends I have 8000 miles on it with ZERO issues, in the next 2 weeks plan or building 5 more, then if they sell and the community likes the product will make as many as needed/wanted

lammie200
01-16-2014, 12:46 AM
That is what I made.. it is 1 1/8 shorter has machined billet ends I have 8000 miles on it with ZERO issues, in the next 2 weeks plan or building 5 more, then if they sell and the community likes the product will make as many as needed/wanted

Cool. I would be interested in one if they aren't outrageously expensive. Can you show us any photos of what you made? PM me if you have any pics and don't want to show everyone so no one can rip off your design.

cy-clone33
01-16-2014, 07:44 AM
I will post pics this weekend..the material is $25 and an hr to machine and weld so $75

Abarth619
01-16-2014, 09:30 AM
Billet interior door handles would really give the interior a more upscale feel. The stock handles seem to be made from the same plastic as Chinese water pistols.

lammie200
01-16-2014, 11:24 AM
I will post pics this weekend..the material is $25 and an hr to machine and weld so $75

Thanks. I'm down for one for sure.

BigT
01-16-2014, 11:35 AM
Billet interior door handles would really give the interior a more upscale feel. The stock handles seem to be made from the same plastic as Chinese water pistols.

HAHA I thought the exact same thing.. I'm trying to figure out the best way to tape off around them so I can him them with plastidip and cover up that cheap plastic chrome look.

ivmill
01-16-2014, 11:53 AM
All of these sound like great ideas to me! I've been wondering why there isn't a simply engine cover on the market yet. I understand why some of them cost $300+ but in all honesty I don't need something that elaborate. Just something to hide the mess once you replace the factory intake system. Billet handles would be kick ass! But before you put too much effort into new designs and such you may want to look into becoming an official vendor here.

Tweak
01-16-2014, 01:04 PM
All of these sound like great ideas to me! I've been wondering why there isn't a simply engine cover on the market yet. I understand why some of them cost $300+ but in all honesty I don't need something that elaborate. Just something to hide the mess once you replace the factory intake system. Billet handles would be kick ass! But before you put too much effort into new designs and such you may want to look into becoming an official vendor here.

I did speak with Chris and since this sounded like such a small intended offering it wasn't much of an issue but if multiple pieces and individuals are planning to order then it may be the only way to be fair to other vendors is if he pursue the same route. It is ultimately up to Chris of course.

shadowshaggy
01-16-2014, 02:20 PM
I vote the vendor route followed promptly by the first group buy of engine covers, I want one ready to install with no customization - there's a guy with a water jet machine here when I'm ready for customization on it. I've got other plans first. 1st on the list for engine cover group buy :)

ivmill
01-16-2014, 07:39 PM
I did speak with Chris and since this sounded like such a small intended offering it wasn't much of an issue but if multiple pieces and individuals are planning to order then it may be the only way to be fair to other vendors is if he pursue the same route. It is ultimately up to Chris of course.

I just wanted to bring it up before any feathers got ruffled. I know you guys are always on top of the ball though. Thanks again for keeping the peace

ABARTH TAMER
01-16-2014, 07:45 PM

+1

cy-clone33
01-16-2014, 07:57 PM
I sent Tweaks a PM.. after I do whats necessary to follow the rules I will post pics etc.. to make it worth the time to do all the work I would need to do at least 10 pieces to pay for the machine time etc.

Tweak
01-16-2014, 08:14 PM
I just wanted to bring it up before any feathers got ruffled. I know you guys are always on top of the ball though. Thanks again for keeping the peace

Appreciate it, good members make it easier to keep on top of things. ;)

I sent Tweaks a PM.. after I do whats necessary to follow the rules I will post pics etc.. to make it worth the time to do all the work I would need to do at least 10 pieces to pay for the machine time etc.

I have forwarded vendor related inquiries so with time he should reply with the needed information. Thanks guys.

shadowshaggy
01-17-2014, 11:07 AM
^We've started calling him Twerk not Tweaks :)

Glad Chris has this in his hands now.

Question time now: Can we have pics of this engine cover now, while awaiting vendor setup, and have a group buy of 10?

I'm excited this is going in the proper direction, I'm all over support for the little guys. Time to have an engine cover that looks good that I don't feel bad about modifying because I spent a bunch of cash on it....nothing against RRM, but I have a hard time cutting into a $300 engine cover - $60 don't hurt my feelings tho.

Tweak
01-17-2014, 11:14 AM
^We've started calling him Twerk not Tweaks :)

Glad Chris has this in his hands now.

Question time now: Can we have pics of this engine cover now, while awaiting vendor setup, and have a group buy of 10?

I'm excited this is going in the proper direction, I'm all over support for the little guys. Time to have an engine cover that looks good that I don't feel bad about modifying because I spent a bunch of cash on it....nothing against RRM, but I have a hard time cutting into a $300 engine cover - $60 don't hurt my feelings tho.

Again it is up to Chris in the end but pics are good but the Group Buy thing would need to wait.

You think people have issue with spelling you should hear the murder the nickname gets in person sometimes.

shadowshaggy
01-17-2014, 11:23 AM
Lol, yeah I know the feeling Twerk - shadowshaggy on xbox live yields shadow, shaggy, shaggo, and those are all the polite variants I can post on here ;)

Pics it is cy-clone33, pics or it didn't happen and this is all in vain....

Tweak
01-17-2014, 05:56 PM
Lol, yeah I know the feeling Twerk - shadowshaggy on xbox live yields shadow, shaggy, shaggo, and those are all the polite variants I can post on here ;)

Pics it is cy-clone33, pics or it didn't happen and this is all in vain....

It doesn't bother me though, amusing usually more than anything.

lammie200
01-17-2014, 09:34 PM
good. Cheaper rear sway bars for non Abarths should get attention. I'm very happy with my $200 bar, this is must have item, if you are not old grandma that drives only to church.

Ditto. Closing the loop with a proper lower front bar would be great!

... a seat lowering mount would be great,, but would need designed by a pro and then still need public interests to make it feasible to fabricate, I have a donor car ( mine ) so fit and function is taken care of..

I am looking into modifying a stock seat spring. I have no idea if it will do what I hope. I have heard of people reupholstering the seat bottom as well.

cy-clone33
01-17-2014, 10:38 PM
Just received vendor info from Chris, after payment is made will introduce 3 items,, first will be a lower chassis brace with billet mounts that WILL clear any standard road obstacle.. 2nd will be an engine cover with different options for finish and art work, and the 3rd is a rear swaybar ( torsion bar) assy that will locate the bar itself closer to where the stock ABARTH bar is, made from 3003 alum for the torsion bar mount and a 1" hex torsion bar..

Tweak
01-18-2014, 12:22 AM
Just received vendor info from Chris, after payment is made will introduce 3 items,, first will be a lower chassis brace with billet mounts that WILL clear any standard road obstacle.. 2nd will be an engine cover with different options for finish and art work, and the 3rd is a rear swaybar ( torsion bar) assy that will locate the bar itself closer to where the stock ABARTH bar is, made from 3003 alum for the torsion bar mount and a 1" hex torsion bar..

Great! Chris told me he has contacted you and one other that asked about vendor status at the same time. Look forward to seeing the products you will offer.