PDA

View Full Version : Comments on the 500L after one month of ownership.

evbruno
01-10-2014, 12:35 PM
We purchased a 500L Easy (with sunroof) the end of November here are some comments after one month of driving the vehicle.
(Traded in a 2006 KIA Sedona, the 500L gives us the "MiniVan" features we want without the with huge size, much better gas mileage.)

Really like the visibility, both front, sides and rear.

We purchased the optional door sills and I self installed, like the look and added protection.

We have been running the 500L with the Navigation set to inform us when every we are 2 miles over the posted speed limit.
My wife and I both like the feature especially in city driving, my daughter finds it annoying.

Hands free calling on the Pop you push the head with speaking symbol. On the 500L you need to push the Phone “lift hook” button.

Adjusting the rear seats so I could have an extended cargo area is very easy, no problems.

Back up camera works great. Figured out for me that mid-way up the yellow warning line is a good distance from the car behind me when parallel parking.

Really like the dual clutch transmission gives me the "manually feel" but I do not wear out my left knee in city traffic.

Like having the speed displayed digital in the EVIC like the 500 Pop.

Like the adjustability of steering column up/down in/out.

My wife likes adjustability of both the driver and passenger seats, she likes to sit up high.

To see if there are UConnect updates you can go to this site https://rsur.extra.chrysler.com/rsur/Uconnect.do

Then put in the last 8 of your VIN to see if there are updates available.

There is small shelf under the Console/Radio/Nav System. It is not deep enough to hold a cell phone.
I put the USB connector into cell phone and drop on shelf over the glove box.

Any dirt on the moonroof/sunroof looks like dirt on the screen cover when looking up from inside the vehicle.

With rear seats down I was able to get 55 inch flat screen TV in the box with about one inch to spare with length and width in to the 500L.

Over all very happy with car.
We also purchased a 500 Pop in May 2013, very happy with that as well.

Tweak
01-10-2014, 04:43 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Magmag111
10-24-2014, 08:55 PM
I've had my 500l for 2 weeks.. Love it!!! I have a question about the EVIC display. When I first got the car it displayed the month and day. Don't know what I did but when I did some menu changes and the digital speed display showed up. Which I liked. Well when they turned on my navigation and did some updates the month and day are back. I can't figure out how to get the digital speed to show up. Any ideas? I can't see the speedometer that well during the day or I wouldn't worry about it.. Thanks

Andree
10-24-2014, 09:10 PM
I've had my 500l for 2 weeks.. Love it!!! I have a question about the EVIC display. When I first got the car it displayed the month and day. Don't know what I did but when I did some menu changes and the digital speed display showed up. Which I liked. Well when they turned on my navigation and did some updates the month and day are back. I can't figure out how to get the digital speed to show up. Any ideas? I can't see the speedometer that well during the day or I wouldn't worry about it.. Thanks

Menu button on the dash.

Owners Manual, starting on page 168, explains the EVIC area.

EVIC Control Buttons
The EVIC control buttons are located on the instrument panel below the radio.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR INSTRUMENT PANEL 169
Press the MENU button briefly to access the menu and/or go to next screen or to confirm the required menu option. Press and hold the MENU button (approximately one second) to return to the main screen.
Press the UP  button to scroll upward through the displayed menu and the related options or to increase the displayed value.
Press the DOWN  button to scroll downward through the displayed menu and the related options or to decrease the value displayed.
NOTE: UP  and DOWN  buttons activate differ- ent functions according to the following situations:
• To scroll the menu options upwards or downwards. • To increase or decrease values during settings.

And:

Speed Display
When this function is activated the cluster will display the vehicle speed (MPH or km/h).
To activate (On) or to deactivate (Off) the speed display feature, proceed as follows:
1. Briefly press the MENU button. “MPH”, “km/h”, then “Off” will flash on the display (according to previous setting).
2. Press the UP or DOWN  button to select display deactivation “Off”, “MPH” or “km/h”.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR INSTRUMENT PANEL 177
3. Briefly press the MENU button to go back to the menu screen, or press and hold the MENU button (approxi- mately one second) to go back to the main screen.

Owner's Manual can be downloaded here:
http://www.fiatusa.com/en/owners/manuals/index.html