PDA

View Full Version : Heated seats installed!

4carbcorvair
01-08-2014, 04:58 PM
Nothing like a warm bum on a cold Maine winter day. Or night.

I bought my wife heated seat kits for her 12 Sport for Christmas. She asked for them.

Install was similar to this, very good write up BTW: http://www.fiat500owners.com/forum/2...012-sport.html

Took me about 4 hours, not bad for a first timer. I bought the adapta fuses at Advance Auto. They were on the shelf.

So, I had to take the Fiat out for a drive after install to verify they work. They work quite well.

I'm thinking tomorrow morning on her way to work, she is going to be very happy. Her last two vehicles have had heated seats.

Robert Nixon
01-08-2014, 05:02 PM
Congrats on the install! Heated seats are like a lot of modern conveniences...meaning I never knew I needed them untill I tried them!

4carbcorvair
01-08-2014, 05:04 PM
Congrats on the install! Heated seats are like a lot of modern conveniences...meaning I never knew I needed them untill I tried them!

Thanks! :)

They are also great if you have a sore lower back.

Freedomland
01-17-2014, 03:36 PM
I just had mine done here on Long Island thru Brown's. (farmed out to an installer) They put the switches around the vertical section of the Shift lever console.. but as it happens my knee keeps hitting the switch. though I'm not one to lean back or lean down (I never liked the switches on the floor or side) mine have to be moved. Does anyone know if there is room next to the window buttons (on the inside) for the seat heater switches?? btw I also just got the fog lamps installed in my Pop(that is what the heated seats were for)

4carbcorvair
01-18-2014, 05:24 PM
I don't have a picture handy. I put the switches in the console next to the emergency brake. Out of the way, yet fairly convenient to get to. We had heated seats installed years ago in my wifes. 2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSei and they put the switches on the seat sides. You have to feel around for the switch.

etl330
02-24-2014, 04:57 PM
I just had mine done here on Long Island thru Brown's. (farmed out to an installer) They put the switches around the vertical section of the Shift lever console.. but as it happens my knee keeps hitting the switch. though I'm not one to lean back or lean down (I never liked the switches on the floor or side) mine have to be moved. Does anyone know if there is room next to the window buttons (on the inside) for the seat heater switches?? btw I also just got the fog lamps installed in my Pop(that is what the heated seats were for)

do you know where they sent it?

Freedomland
02-25-2014, 06:04 PM
do you know where they sent it?

no sorry.. but they did a hell of a job. in high it gets HOT. If you have a Pop.. I recommend them.

janaheim
02-25-2014, 11:03 PM

I'm thinking of getting the fog lamps on my 500 Pop. May I ask what you paid for them, including installation, and are they the same as in the Lounge & Sport? Thanks.

Freedomland
02-25-2014, 11:28 PM
roughly $500 and the installation had a major mess up... not by Brown's but the directions they got from FCA proved to be wrong. (it also entails a programming of the BCM)
When finished.. it is the same as the Lounge (basically the Pop and Lounge are the same with the Lounge having chrome and the fogs and better seats. The Sport's front and back trim look different from the Pop and Lounge

and while a lot of people dont use their fogs.. I use them all the time.. also due to a vision issue I have

so yes I upgraded my Pop with heated seats and fogs.. (fogs were something I always wanted to do to )
and I'm absolutely happy with the upgrades (though personally I wish that Fiat-Chrysler would have either had a heated seat option in the Pop or do something like they did with the Fogs.. make the heated seat from the Lounge available for the Pop as a dealer installed upgrade..(which would include more BCM programming) True my seats are hi/lo whereas the Fiat's is a single on/off.. but it would have been really nice as an upgrade

4carbcorvair
02-26-2014, 11:18 AM
Heated seats are a must. Still going strong. Happy wife, happy life. :D

Andree
02-26-2014, 03:18 PM
roughly $500 and the installation had a major mess up... not by Brown's but the directions they got from FCA proved to be wrong. (it also entails a programming of the BCM)
When finished.. it is the same as the Lounge (basically the Pop and Lounge are the same with the Lounge having chrome and the fogs and better seats. The Sport's front and back trim look different from the Pop and Lounge

and while a lot of people dont use their fogs.. I use them all the time.. also due to a vision issue I have

so yes I upgraded my Pop with heated seats and fogs.. (fogs were something I always wanted to do to )
and I'm absolutely happy with the upgrades (though personally I wish that Fiat-Chrysler would have either had a heated seat option in the Pop or do something like they did with the Fogs.. make the heated seat from the Lounge available for the Pop as a dealer installed upgrade..(which would include more BCM programming) True my seats are hi/lo whereas the Fiat's is a single on/off.. but it would have been really nice as an upgrade

The Lounge fabric seats are the same style as the Pop seats. They used to have three colors for the Lounge, all this kind of checker/woven look. There was black/gray woven with black trim (headrests, piping, steering wheel, dash components), black/ivory with black trim and black/ivory with ivory trim.

Pics here of the black/gray:
http://www.intellichoice.com/1-12-2013-50054-50/2013-fiat-500-lounge-2dr-hatchback-media.html

Full size photos show the woven color/texture.

And here are the other two:

The only one still remaining as a choice for 2014 is the black/ivory with ivory:

Fiat site for the Lounge showing the current seat options:
http://www.fiatusa.com/en/500/lounge/

Back in 2012 they had called the two types of seats the "Lounge" seat (that is what is in the Pop and the cloth Lounge model) and the "Sport" seat, which is the Sport model, and the leather Lounge model seats. On the configurator, you had to change from Lounge seats to Sport seats if you wanted the leather.

It was undoubtably confusing to a great many people. And for some reason, finding a Lounge with the lounge fabric seats was incredibly difficult. I LIKE that black/ivory with ivory piping. I found ONE in Fresno when I was looking. And it didn't have the opening sunroof. I did find another one back in 2012 in Denver. But me, driving to Denver, in the winter, with a trade-in was out of the question. LOL. I could only oooh and ahhh from a distance. I especially like the embroidered RED 500 on the seats.

I was told when looking that I could have all the features I wanted/needed from a Lounge put into the Pop. Adding in the heated seats or the fog lights or the backup sensors. It turned out to be less problematic to just buy the Lounge that came with whatever it had. I don't know how to install things myself, don't have anyone to do it, and have no spare car while a car is in the shop.

I would definitely make the heated seat an option on all convertibles, as well as a heated steering wheel. I'd kind of like all the cars to be "pre-wired" for all the options. It would increase the price of the least expensive model, but would also allow for anyone to add on anything with the least amount of hassle.

Shop time is expensive for those of us who can't do it ourselves. And if all they had to do was add the part and plug it in to existing wiring, it's a big savings. It would be SO easy for those who are already mechanically-inclined. Might have to have something done to the computer stuff at the dealership to make the items work, but that wouldn't be too costly either, for just a reflash.