PDA

View Full Version : P0172 cel

ksig421
01-08-2014, 03:36 PM
I woke up to go to work this morning and when I turned on my car I had a cel p0172: system too rich (bank 1). It was an unusually cold morning in Florida, my temp gauge on the dash said it was 48F. MY car seems to be running fine, but the cel has yet to go away. Should I be concerned? Any insight is appreciated.

Tweak
01-08-2014, 11:48 PM
Anything under the hood touched recently? Possible a hose was moved or maybe cracked/cut and now has a small leak?

ksig421
01-09-2014, 12:04 AM
Thanks for your reply Tweak. I drove around a bit and the cel went away, but the code is still on the ecu. I think it was because of the fluctuation in temperature, but Im not sure. I didnt see anything moved or out of place.

Tweak
01-09-2014, 12:57 PM
Thanks for your reply Tweak. I drove around a bit and the cel went away, but the code is still on the ecu. I think it was because of the fluctuation in temperature, but Im not sure. I didnt see anything moved or out of place.

Hopefully just a fluke with the major weather changes of late, good luck and obviously there is a wealth of knowledge here when/if needed in the future. :)