PDA

View Full Version : Quick Shout-Out to FIAT of McKinney, TX

gtntahg
12-28-2013, 09:34 AM
As a Christmas present to myself, I recently purchased the MoPar chrome fuel filler door assembly from my servicing dealer, FIAT of McKinney. Since the install required jacking up the car and removing the right rear tire and inside plastic fender liner, I asked that they do the install there while I waited (turned out half an hour of labor was included in the stated price of the part).

For some reason, the first door assembly didn't quite fit flush with the bodywork. So they tried a second. This one apparently fit a lot better but still wasn't 100% flush.

The Service Manager asked me to come out and take a look. I agreed that it wasn't quite right (I'm talking about a millimeter of gap-itis around one edge… but just enough for my OCD to really kick-in, lol!) and that I would be OK with not doing the upgrade; I also had my eye on the Cabrio wind deflector. But the Manager said they had two other fuel filler door assemblies they could try if I had the extra time to wait...

I'm glad I did wait the extra 30 minutes it took because my new chrome fuel filler door looks perfect.

I really appreciated the extra effort the shop staff took to get a relatively minor thing put right. And to make matters even more interesting, the afternoon I had the part installed was the day before Christmas when I'm sure everyone in the shop would much rather have been doing something, ANYTHING else than messing around with a gas cap!

Thanks very much FIAT of McKinney - great job, as usual!

streetsurfer
12-28-2013, 10:04 PM
Quality service like that does deserve to be mentioned. Way to go Fiat of McKinney. May they prosper in the new year.