PDA

View Full Version : Smoked Side Marker Lights

modular
12-28-2013, 08:57 AM
I am thinking about getting either tinted or paint matched side marker lights.

My question is.......will the car throw a warning if the bulbs for the marker lights are not installed? If I end up with paint matched lenses I would not want to run the bulbs for heat build up behind the painted lens.

lenswerks
12-28-2013, 09:48 AM
Code would be for engine malfunction so no. I have LEDs in mine and one does not alway make good contact, stays dark and no dash light warning for this.

Mine are painted Nero with a quarter inch clear stripe over the bulb/LED.
If you tint them light will show just fine, my repeaters are tinted and easily seen when blinking.

klearz.com did my side markers, I did the repeaters by buying a second set and spraying. The repeaters are near impossible to remove without damaging them.

ivmill
12-28-2013, 01:03 PM
I simply used Plasti Dip Smoke on my side markers and repeaters and was pleased with the outcome. I still have the standard bulbs in them and they shine through great. I did the side markers while still on the car the first time and it backfired a bit. I wound up having to take the markers off the car and redo them. The repeaters turned our fine spraying them on the car. I think if I do the tail lights I'm going to have them properly tinted though to make sure its cleanly done. At $14 a can (which will probably do them all) that's where I'd start. If nothing else its easily reversible.

Little Italy
12-30-2013, 08:31 PM
Code would be for engine malfunction so no. I have LEDs in mine and one does not alway make good contact, stays dark and no dash light warning for this.

Mine are painted Nero with a quarter inch clear stripe over the bulb/LED.
If you tint them light will show just fine, my repeaters are tinted and easily seen when blinking.

klearz.com did my side markers, I did the repeaters by buying a second set and spraying. The repeaters are near impossible to remove without damaging them.

Dude, that is a really sweet looking Abarth!
Excuse me while I wipe the drool off of my phone ;-)