PDA

View Full Version : Blower motor not working

fico
12-26-2013, 09:40 PM
Hi 2012 abarth start from two weeks ago blower motor not working,time to time work soon car is turn off and turn back on its not working.
Have to play with controls and cam back to live i have maual cimate controls not auto .
Any body have this problem thanks
Bobby

jguerdat
12-27-2013, 08:22 AM
No problem here. Kinda sounds like a wiring connector is loose. Could be a loose wire/connection inside the blower, too. If you can play with the controls and have it work, I'd guess the fan switch is at fault.

Just drive at high speeds - lotsa air being rammed in then... ;)

streetsurfer
12-27-2013, 08:53 AM
Was your cowl intake blocked with snow/ice by chance, when this happened?

My wife called me from the road Christmas night in our other vehicle. The blower shut off. I asked her if the cowl was cleared. It may have been restricted enough it caused the blower to overheat. After some scraping/clearing of the ice and snow at the base of the windshield, the motor cooled and the issue did not return. A possibility if you had snow blocking the intake maybe.

fico
12-29-2013, 03:32 PM
Thanks

fico
12-31-2013, 02:41 AM
Take car in dealer today blower motor was bad and blower motor relay they said its common problem.

streetsurfer
12-31-2013, 03:16 AM
We appreciate the update. Could save someone lots of time and effort knowing this. Thanks much!