PDA

View Full Version : sagging rear bumper

meatball
12-23-2013, 08:00 PM
The rear bumper on my 2012 abarth is sagging on the passenger side, where the tail light and bumper meet. I'm guessing the bumper is held on with some type of plastic clips. Does anyone know what the part # is for the hardware that mounts the rear bumper. Thanks

shadowshaggy
12-23-2013, 08:01 PM
The proper response to a saggy rear end is botox :naughty:

meatball
12-23-2013, 08:03 PM
Don't quit your day job. LoL

Tweak
12-23-2013, 08:34 PM
Don't quit your day job. LoL

+1 haha

FTY
12-23-2013, 08:39 PM
LOL....

The way to fix this is to remove the rear bumper and carefully bend the metal tabs(mounted on the rear qtr) up a bit to close that gap.

meatball
12-23-2013, 09:26 PM
Awesome. Thanks.

meatball
12-27-2013, 07:17 PM
Tried fixing the bumper but their is still a gap. Going to take it in to fiat of Westbury NY. Hope they do not give me any problems and can fix it. I hate having to take it to the dealer :(

Dwaynek
12-27-2013, 08:05 PM
Shouldn't be a problem should be warranty work as I have no such gap.

meatball
12-28-2013, 05:16 PM
Of course my luck, had a horrible experience at West bury fiat. Dropped the car off at 8 and they had it all day just to look at the bumper, not fix it, and tell me it has to be taken care of by a body shop. Instead of telling me that they, fiat of west bury will have their body shop look at it to see if it would be covered under warranty, the service rep is telling me to take it back to the dealership that i purchased the car from to see if its covered under their warranty? Now I purchased my abarth this past September per owned from north bay Cadillac in great neck NY, and when I drove the car off their lot their was no problems with the rear bumber. So after my wife and I complaining they gave me the number to their body shop to make an appointment with them to look at the number to see if its a factory defect. If the service rep would of told me that they can't fix it but their body shop will look at it to see if it was under warranty I would of been fine, but she's telling me to take it else where and pay out of my pocket is B.S. Really got the feeling because I didn't buy the car from them that they want nothing to do with it. So now I have to make an appointment and take the car back to west bury fiat for their body shop guy to tell me that in all likely hood it won't be covered. Can't get a break.

FTY
12-28-2013, 05:59 PM
Of course my luck, had a horrible experience at West bury fiat. Dropped the car off at 8 and they had it all day just to look at the bumper, not fix it, and tell me it has to be taken care of by a body shop. Instead of telling me that they, fiat of west bury will have their body shop look at it to see if it would be covered under warranty, the service rep is telling me to take it back to the dealership that i purchased the car from to see if its covered under their warranty? Now I purchased my abarth this past September per owned from north bay Cadillac in great neck NY, and when I drove the car off their lot their was no problems with the rear bumber. So after my wife and I complaining they gave me the number to their body shop to make an appointment with them to look at the number to see if its a factory defect. If the service rep would of told me that they can't fix it but their body shop will look at it to see if it was under warranty I would of been fine, but she's telling me to take it else where and pay out of my pocket is B.S. Really got the feeling because I didn't buy the car from them that they want nothing to do with it. So now I have to make an appointment and take the car back to west bury fiat for their body shop guy to tell me that in all likely hood it won't be covered. Can't get a break.

You don't need a body shop...tabs just need to be re-aligned. The dealer can do this. Its a slight massaging of the metal tabs that attach the bumper to the rear qtrs. Seems like they are giving you the treatment unfortunately.

meatball
12-28-2013, 08:42 PM
Yeah it is unfortunate. Looks like they have teenagers working their as mechanics so of course they don't have a clue unless their doing an oil change. I tried the tabs with no luck so more then likely I need new tabs installed.

stratofortress
01-07-2014, 12:16 AM
Have the same problem on a '13. Gonna have the dealer realign the bumper and the exhaust while they're at it during my next oil change.

aelfwyne
04-09-2015, 09:27 PM
Just noticed my Sport's rear bumper is beginning to sag on the passenger side as well. You can see a gap, plus it sticks out past the taillight further on one side. Wasn't this way new, and hasn't been hit. Wondering if anyone has ever had any luck getting this fixed under warranty? Couple of folks on this old necro-thread were trying, but nobody posted success.

BradF
04-09-2015, 09:58 PM
No, but Buns of Steel oughtta do it.