PDA

View Full Version : Need Advise: Possible short or software problem

Redcolts
12-23-2013, 07:06 PM
Does anyone know if the 500l Lounge has rain sensitive wipers on the rear window ? The reason I ask is that today I put my 500l in reverse, the back-up camera activated and the rear window wiper started working. This hasn't happened before and I'm worried that it could be related to other issues I'm having ie: the shifter lights blinking ( new part is back ordered, will take 1 month to arrive), dashboard lights blinking etc. Hope it's not a short or software problems. Thanks for any info. you may have !!!

shadowshaggy
12-23-2013, 07:28 PM
I tripped out with my Abarth doing the rear wiper thing.

If the wipers are in the on position, and you put the vehicle in reverse it'll run the rear wiper back n forth 3 times.

Luv2byte
12-23-2013, 07:35 PM
Threads address this. It's works as designed. If front wipers on & you shift to reverse wiper comes on while in reverse.

shadowshaggy
12-23-2013, 07:49 PM
Give him a break there's no need for that, he's new to the forum.

BTW, Welcome to the forum. There's a search feature in the top right corner, while not the best in the world; keep you search terms simple and you'll get better results.

Threads address this. It's works as designed. If front wipers on & you shift to reverse wiper comes on while in reverse.

Tweak
12-23-2013, 08:03 PM
Welcome to the forum, as stated it is by design as explained by shag, I closed the other thread since it is a duplicate and this one answers the question. :)

Redcolts
12-23-2013, 08:12 PM
Welcome to the forum, as stated it is by design as explained by shag, I closed the other thread since it is a duplicate and this one answers the question. :)

Thanks for the information, appreciate your quick response.

Tweak
12-23-2013, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the information, appreciate your quick response.

Happy to help and hope you enjoy the forum. :cool:

Luv2byte
12-24-2013, 10:05 PM
Give him a break there's no need for that, he's new to the forum.

BTW, Welcome to the forum. There's a search feature in the top right corner, while not the best in the world; keep you search terms simple and you'll get better results.

I wasn't trying to be mean, I just didn't add fluff to my post. It's just that there has been discussions around it, it's not a new issue but one that shocked many of us, myself included. I didn't tell him to go search but I did explain it's awad. I did nit intend to come across short.

shadowshaggy
12-24-2013, 11:32 PM
It did, but we're over it - it's all good.

Deffmikey
12-26-2013, 04:00 PM
Welcome to the forum