PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Else Go to the Irvine Cars & Coffee on Saturdays?

500eee
12-22-2013, 06:05 PM
I went this Saturday and saw some good stuff. Fiat-wise, there were some 70's Fiat Dinos (see link to photos below) and a new tricked out Abarth.

Other notable cars were an old Jaguar D-Type race car, a Rossion Q1, the new BMW 435i and the usual smattering of Lamborghinis, modified Porsches and other exotic stuff. Unfortunately more and more American cars have been showing up and taking up space.

There were also a bunch of Ferraris from the "Nobles Family Automotive Museum". Does anyone know anything about this? I figured I could look it up on the web when I got home- all I can find are other people's pictures, but no info on the actual museum (like where it is located, when it's open, etc.)...

It would be fun to have a 500e meet-up there one of these coming Saturdays. It starts early- 6am! :onthego:

Here are some pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/13955962@N04/

karla500e
12-27-2013, 10:23 PM
I've never been, but would try to make it if there was a 500e meet-up.

n00dle
12-29-2013, 02:24 PM
I don't have an 'e', but an 'L' and have been going there every Saturday for the past month. I haven't seen another 'L' or 'e' there, but have seen several Abarths. The self appointed guys who choose who gets to show their cars or not well... suck. It's unfortunate because I see a lot of cars that tried to get into the show area being turned away to park in the spectator lots. They need to organize their lots better to help accommodate the majority of cars that want to show. I think I'm done for awhile after this coming weekend. I've been seeing a lot of the same cars over the last several weekends, which gets old real quick.

GRNLVNG
01-06-2014, 03:33 PM
I am starting a 500e Facebook group for LA and OC counties. I am thinking "Driving a 500e in LA and OC".
What do you guys think?
I also intend to go to Cars and Coffee sometime in January. Maybe we can organize and drive in together.

500eee
01-07-2014, 04:51 AM
Sounds good- count me in for C&C :-)

What's the Facebook page going to focus on?

GRNLVNG
01-08-2014, 01:32 PM
Sounds good- count me in for C&C :-)

What's the Facebook page going to focus on?

"Gathering place for those enjoying the all-electric Fiat 500e - the pain and the ecstasy of finding your next charge. Bringing lap blankets back into fashion. This is the place to share all your tips for maximizing your kWh, bragging about your MPGe's, and sharing your best apps and charging locations."

My husband and I were MINI Cooper owners for almost 11 years and it was this little orange environmentally-friendly beauty that finally made me part ways. We hail from Seattle and were involved in both the BMW and MINI Cooper communities in the Pacific Northwest.

We live in Huntington Beach and I commute to Irvine Spectrum.

Andree
01-08-2014, 04:24 PM
I went this Saturday and saw some good stuff. Fiat-wise, there were some 70's Fiat Dinos (see link to photos below) and a new tricked out Abarth.

Other notable cars were an old Jaguar D-Type race car, a Rossion Q1, the new BMW 435i and the usual smattering of Lamborghinis, modified Porsches and other exotic stuff. Unfortunately more and more American cars have been showing up and taking up space.

There were also a bunch of Ferraris from the "Nobles Family Automotive Museum". Does anyone know anything about this? I figured I could look it up on the web when I got home- all I can find are other people's pictures, but no info on the actual museum (like where it is located, when it's open, etc.)...

It would be fun to have a 500e meet-up there one of these coming Saturdays. It starts early- 6am! :onthego:

Here are some pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/13955962@N04/

From the pictures of the exterior and the interior of the building, I'd reckon it's in/around an Industrial Park. Maybe this area, around the Costco by the 405 and Santa Ana River:
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=+fountain+valley,+ca&hl=en&ll=33.697423,-117.936902&spn=0.031849,0.052314&sll=33.819089,-118.13324&sspn=1.013138,1.674042&t=h&hnear=Fountain+Valley,+Orange+County,+California&z=15

I did look a bit, didn't find it.

darkstarchuck
02-23-2014, 12:15 AM
We are in for the Cars and Coffee! Our "Studio" attends on a regular basis and has invited us to join in. I'll watch the FB page, and hope that I'm a member of the "right" 500e group.

500eee
02-23-2014, 03:19 AM
Which studio? I don't think there's one in Anaheim, is there? And which FB page are you referring to?

darkstarchuck
02-24-2014, 12:08 PM
The are 3 FB groups (in english), the one with the most people is the one I've joined (https://www.facebook.com/groupinvite/ATV4fQdWWyvqgdMPjH2Rr8L4fogPDf1hC54Ab0GVPtlRmx6SVM u2ybqU_kNnZitB1FjXsWCnO7MNZ_wWSZwZIv1HIvjgkS7EJm25 DsXxrAGaaB9X24f345cCz_01Rx7M2XaFbjl-bSjSEEEyOvVWNNoIPb6syPlYAjgBpQQc2dzh2oLBdIIS3Q1h4O xhTHX4egmRMQvYV59ZoGRk5QBL-BtB). And JStar Fiat (http://www.jstarfiat.com/index.htm) in the Savi Ranch area of Yorba Linda is our dealer. (Thought it was Anaheim Hills)