PDA

View Full Version : Southern Louisiana interest in Tork Motorsports tune event.

OoThomioO
12-19-2013, 03:07 AM
Don't want to send out your ECU for a tune but want the perks?!

Looking to build interest in having a Tork Motorsports event day in Lafayette, LA @ High End Racing Development shop. Trying to build a roster between Veloster/Dart/Fiat roster to support bringing TorkMe down here and having a great day of tuning!

Location is set and can be locked in whenever enough interest and a date is set.

If between all three forums I have enough interest to make the trip worthwhile and can set a solid date, I will then make an official thread dedicated to each forum to keep everyone up to date.

More details to be released as interest builds as I will try to set up a great hang out day with food/drinks!

**I realise this may be rude to post this as my first post and I apologize. I'm just trying to get some custom tune love for the south ^_^**

Tweak
12-19-2013, 02:17 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I think you are ok with posting this but if it is a problem the owner may chose to step in at some point so you are aware in the event it were to be removed or edited.

luka
12-19-2013, 06:14 PM
I would drive to Louisiana for a tune

OoThomioO
12-19-2013, 09:03 PM
Thank you Tweak and Tork was my first msg out before posting this. I've come to an agreement with him and I will for sure get him down for just my car, but trying to make a fun day out of it so everyone benefits ^_^. I've posted this on the Dart/Veloster/Fiat forums and once we get enough people interested I will inbox everyone to figure out the best set date.

So far I have 4 from the Veloster forums, 1 here, 0 from Dart forums.

luka: That's an 8 hour'ish ride for you! Well, 8 hours one way/6ish back once the tune is done :P

luka
12-20-2013, 04:01 AM
No biggy I love driving my abarth, and wouldn't mind meeting other abarth owners.

berlinetta
12-20-2013, 08:02 PM
I could go for that, depending on scheduling details count me in!

OoThomioO
12-21-2013, 12:48 AM
Well luka, I don't want to say there will be all Abarth owners at the event :(. I have 5 velosters that are seriously interested atm and a few darts. I will be sending both of you pm's shortly about info.

Thank you

luka
12-21-2013, 01:20 AM
Just saw your pm and to be honest the later date would be best for me.

OoThomioO
12-21-2013, 02:37 AM
How late are you thinking? If the majority want a later date then I have no problem with it. So don't count this out just yet :)

luka
12-21-2013, 03:02 AM
The feb. 21st date sounds good to me

OoThomioO
12-24-2013, 01:00 AM
Alright, talking to TorkMe he sounds pretty busy with events for Feb. now. We are looking the weekend of the 7th or 21st in March. I should have firm dyno prices come next Monday night

undfeatable
01-17-2014, 09:05 AM
Hey, from the dart forum. Just trying to let y'all know this is a real event and really are trying to get interest. Firm dates should be out in the next couple of days (for real this time lol). Should be in march. Let's get some more abarths out there! Come see your American cousins running the same 1.4l engine!

Tweak
01-17-2014, 11:18 AM
Hey, from the dart forum. Just trying to let y'all know this is a real event and really are trying to get interest. Firm dates should be out in the next couple of days (for real this time lol). Should be in march. Let's get some more abarths out there! Come see your American cousins running the same 1.4l engine!

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the event.

undfeatable
01-21-2014, 04:36 PM
Are there no other abarths in the area interested?

OoThomioO
01-23-2014, 01:04 AM
Date is set for March 8th! If you are still interested please inbox me :D

undfeatable
01-28-2014, 11:36 AM
Bumped

shadowshaggy
01-28-2014, 03:06 PM
Can we get a tad bit more info on this event? Like special event pricing or anything like that, time of day, where, and all that good fun stuff.... 7.5 hours from here, but willing for the right deal. Def better than losing an ECM for two weeks :)

OoThomioO
01-28-2014, 07:52 PM
Event is taking place in Scott, LA (right off I-10) at Ragin Racin. We don't really get special pricing but it is $570 which is $500 for the stage 1 and $70 for the dyno runs. TorkMe will tweak a stage one to your car on the dyno and we'll get you a dyno sheet as well. We will be boiling crawfish (if they are big enough) and that will be free to those who participate.

Event is set for March 8th which means $250 will be due on Feb. 22nd. Event starts at 8am and will end at 8pm.

If you are interested please let me know so I can get you on the list. 7.5 hours is a long drive but we do have a hotel right next to the dyno shop and can probably get a few people to split a room.

Thanks,
Tommy T.

shadowshaggy
01-28-2014, 07:55 PM
Not 100% I can swing it, but as log as I have til Feb 20th to make up my mind then groovy. I'm tentatively in.

undfeatable
01-29-2014, 06:24 PM
Not 100% I can swing it, but as log as I have til Feb 20th to make up my mind then groovy. I'm tentatively in.

We have 2 slots left, so the sooner you can confirm you can make it, the better. We may be able to squeeze one other person in though. Cant wait to see my engine in another car :)

shadowshaggy
01-29-2014, 07:31 PM
Gonna have to explain that statement a little, "Cant wait to see my engine in another car"?

So there are possibly 3 open slots between now and Feb 20 to reserve? I really want the tune he provides, I'm thinking 200whp will be above and beyond what I need - but I need that ;) And again, will be really bothered if I buy this tune and then a flash tuner is available shortly thereafter....one of those things tho.

opiateESP
01-29-2014, 09:43 PM
Gonna have to explain that statement a little, "Cant wait to see my engine in another car"?

He owns a Dart?

TorkMe
01-29-2014, 09:51 PM
This event is filling up quick guys. We are looking at getting over 10 people tuned, so we need to get an accurate count of how many we are going to be tuning.

Thanks,

John

undfeatable
01-29-2014, 11:12 PM

So there are possibly 3 open slots between now and Feb 20 to reserve? I really want the tune he provides, I'm thinking 200whp will be above and beyond what I need - but I need that ;) And again, will be really bothered if I buy this tune and then a flash tuner is available shortly thereafter....one of those things tho.
I own a dart with the same 1.4l turbo thats in the abarth.
You shouldnt care if a hand-held comes out, you will NEVEr get the gains you will get with tork. Think about it, a handheld is a tune thats generic for all abarths. Even though each engine is a little different, it gives a slightly less powerful general tune for everyone. With Tork, you are getting it dyno'd tune to YOUR vehicle. You will get maximum gain, as well as running at the safety of your vehicle. Trust me, its worth it.

He owns a Dart?

Correct

undfeatable
01-31-2014, 07:00 PM

Find out if you can join us?

luka
01-31-2014, 08:36 PM
Just started a new job, if I get weekends off I'm in as well. I should know by the 20th if I'm going to have weekends off.

undfeatable
01-31-2014, 08:55 PM
Just started a new job, if I get weekends off I'm in as well. I should know by the 20th if I'm going to have weekends off.
The sooner you find out, the better, like I posted before, spots are filling and we have like 3 potentials (including you). A fourth could decide to come along and possibly knock someone off. We may be nice though :).

undfeatable
02-02-2014, 04:25 PM
Bumped, still 2 spots left

undfeatable
02-05-2014, 06:35 PM
One spot still open

tknospdr
02-06-2014, 08:36 AM
Too far away. Need a central Florida tune day too.

undfeatable
02-06-2014, 05:54 PM
All 10 spots filled, if anyone is still interested, be sure to post, we may be able to squeeze one or two more in!

shadowshaggy
02-06-2014, 06:09 PM
Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to attend; glad you guys were able to fill the spots though. Not that it helps me any with a tune, but my Abarth Experience Track Day is March 6th :)

Orev
02-08-2014, 11:45 PM
I am definitely interested in making it out to this event.

undfeatable
02-09-2014, 10:18 AM

Alright, I have to make a couple phone calls to see our max capacity. I'll PM you later on when I get the answer. I don't think it should be a problem though!

undfeatable
02-09-2014, 11:12 PM
Alright, you're good to go! If you have any more questions pm me!

undfeatable
02-14-2014, 06:02 PM
Bumped

undfeatable
02-22-2014, 03:05 PM
Last day for payments. No abarths so far have deposited. We have 8 cars currently paid.