PDA

View Full Version : Squeaking

Deffmikey
12-13-2013, 12:14 PM
Okay so the squeak seems to increase directly with the speed. It's a fluttering squeak as well and sound like it's the drivers side front as the place of origin. Please help.

jguerdat
12-14-2013, 08:58 AM
Guess I missed it - WHAT squeak?

If it increases with speed, does it change with engine speed or road speed? You can test by simply pushing the clutch in. Also, backing off the gas (or pushing the clutch in) may cause the engine/transaxle to shift and could cause the sound to change or go away due to different positioning of the assembly.

Deffmikey
12-14-2013, 02:08 PM
Guess I missed it - WHAT squeak?

If it increases with speed, does it change with engine speed or road speed? You can test by simply pushing the clutch in. Also, backing off the gas (or pushing the clutch in) may cause the engine/transaxle to shift and could cause the sound to change or go away due to different positioning of the assembly.

Changes with mph, as I slow it slows.

ScorpionSkins.com
12-14-2013, 02:21 PM
Sounds brake related to me. I had a squeek coming from the rear passenger side at one point that lasted for a couple of days and eventually went away. Must have been a rock or pebble that got stuck, because when I inspected the area my rotor was very obviously scored as a result.