PDA

View Full Version : Spark Plug Torque Specs

musicsurf
12-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Soooo... can anyone tell me the torque specs for our spark plugs? I've called the dealership once about it, but was second guessing myself about it. I thought they told me 14 lb ft but I feel like it's higher. Thank you in advance.

SeaDawg
12-10-2013, 10:09 PM
Soooo... can anyone tell me the torque specs for our spark plugs? I've called the dealership once about it, but was second guessing myself about it. I thought they told me 14 lb ft but I feel like it's higher. Thank you in advance.

My recollection is 12 ft lbs for the N/A 1.4 liter so 14 is probably safe. The Admin will probably give you the EXACT number shortly!

Fiat500USA
12-10-2013, 10:58 PM
On the way home from work. Will get it to you when I get in.:-)

musicsurf
12-10-2013, 11:07 PM
On the way home from work. Will get it to you when I get in.:-)

As always, thanks Chris!

redred
12-10-2013, 11:43 PM
Spark Plug to Cylinder Head - M12 - 14 ft/lbs torque
Spark Plug Tube to Cylinder Head - M28 - 33 ft/lbs torque

Fiat500USA
12-10-2013, 11:52 PM
The spark plugs are tightened to 16 Nm (12 ft. lbs.). Couple of general points as a FYI:

It helps to blow out the spark plug wells to remove debris and dirt. Also be careful not to drop the spark plug into the well or the electrode could be damaged. By the way, the spark plug tubes are a thin wall design. To avoid damaging the spark plug tubes which could result in oil leaks, use a thin wall spark plug socket with a rubber or magnetic insert to keep the plug from dropping.

Gap settings for the Abarth are 0.65 mm (.025 in.) For the NA engine it is 1.0 mm (.040 in.)

musicsurf
12-11-2013, 07:42 AM
The spark plugs are tightened to 16 Nm (12 ft. lbs.). Couple of general points as a FYI:

It helps to blow out the spark plug wells to remove debris and dirt. Also be careful not to drop the spark plug into the well or the electrode could be damaged. By the way, the spark plug tubes are a thin wall design. To avoid damaging the spark plug tubes which could result in oil leaks, use a thin wall spark plug socket with a rubber or magnetic insert to keep the plug from dropping.

Gap settings for the Abarth are 0.65 mm (.025 in.) For the NA engine it is 1.0 mm (.040 in.)

Thanks Chris. I think this is now the only place on the internet with that information.