PDA

View Full Version : $285 Shipped Neuspeed Smog legal intake!! 12-13

NORCAL SS
12-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Neuspeed Smog Legal Intake for 2012-2013 Fiat Abarths and 500ts.

$285 Shipped lower 48 states (california sales tax added) CARB Sticker is due out early next week so now no issues with smog patrol anywhere. Any questions just ask and as always if you see it for less shoot me a link I will see what I can do for you.

Link to purchase on my website
http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=229

http://www.tbssowners.com/store/images/uploads/intakea.jpg

msjulie33
12-04-2013, 02:08 PM
will you be testing this and reporting back your findings (since it's drawing air from under the hood)

NORCAL SS
12-04-2013, 02:21 PM
No im doing a fenderwell intake since im running a fmic. This intake is for those that want something they can bolt in amd have few more hp snd not worry about smog. Especially in california.

rx191
12-04-2013, 07:43 PM
all the intakes for the 500 are smog legal in ca, there is no e.o. number needed anything before the turbo as long as all the vent lines are hooked up properly.

I'm a ca smog tech and intakes are on the excempt list, meaning no number is needed.

lammie200
12-04-2013, 07:58 PM
all the intakes for the 500 are smog legal in ca, there is no e.o. number needed anything before the turbo as long as all the vent lines are hooked up properly.

I'm a ca smog tech and intakes are on the excempt list, meaning no number is needed.

What do these mean then?

http://www.knfilters.com/streetlegal.htm

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/amquery.php

NORCAL SS
12-04-2013, 08:36 PM
Not true. My buddy is a chp officer and he said if you change it not legal. Also I have a good friend with a smog shop says the same thing.

changing filter is ok but one you remove oem parts no longer smog comlient.

dominic
12-04-2013, 09:08 PM
This is definitely the intake for me, I'll be ordering one shortly.

Tweak
12-04-2013, 09:22 PM
Looks pretty much like the other offerings out there, design-wise anyways it looks like a slight variation of one of the first offered intakes for the 500 lineup. Any advantages of this over one of them? I ask out of curiosity since I have no need for one and am happy with the intake I have already.

Felnus
12-04-2013, 09:29 PM
Looks pretty much like the other offerings out there, design-wise anyways it looks like a slight variation of one of the first offered intakes for the 500 lineup. Any advantages of this over one of them? I ask out of curiosity since I have no need for one and am happy with the intake I have already.

Yep, a CARB EO number. Very handy in California .

Tweak
12-04-2013, 10:20 PM
Yep, a CARB EO number. Very handy in California .

Good enough, didn't know if there was much (if any) other than that. Thanks, one reason I am happier with living here I guess, emmissions testing but no laws like that to deal with.

Felnus
12-04-2013, 11:44 PM
Good enough, didn't know if there was much (if any) other than that. Thanks, one reason I am happier with living here I guess, emmissions testing but no laws like that to deal with.

Certainly saves the hassle of removing it and re-installing the stock intake every time a smog inspection is due. Nice that Neuspeed spent the cash to get the intake certified.

NORCAL SS
12-05-2013, 12:22 AM
I'll be adding a link for this to my store section here shortly so you can purchase thru paypal

Tweak
12-05-2013, 12:34 AM
Certainly saves the hassle of removing it and re-installing the stock intake every time a smog inspection is due. Nice that Neuspeed spent the cash to get the intake certified.

Very nice, I have to get a state inspection once a year but I'd hate to have to change it every time...lol. :)

NORCAL SS
12-05-2013, 12:55 AM
Part added to my site. Link on first post.

msjulie33
12-05-2013, 01:03 AM

Agree

Abarth Phreak
12-05-2013, 01:29 AM
Not true. My buddy is a chp officer and he said if you change it not legal. Also I have a good friend with a smog shop says the same thing.

changing filter is ok but one you remove oem parts no longer smog comlient.

Ha...not true either, silly CHP and Smog guys. If its illegal to change it, CARB sticker wouldn't matter either. The truth is both are correct. The CARB certifies that the system does not change the original emissions capability of the vehicle, so the original lines must be reinstalled, and issues an EO attesting this. Yes, changing the intake is illegal if not the same set-up and creating increased pollution. The CARB sticker is for inspectors (CHP, Referee, and Smog Shops) to know the system has been certified by CARB to remain the same emissions wise and legal for use on the street. A CHP officer is typically not trained well enough to be able inspect the underhood and needs reference points, the same as a smog tech. (Although many smog techs are also ASSE certified and know the system well enough to understand what is missing.) Most smog techs will actually pass you if the system is hooked up correctly and the car is within the smog limits regardless of the sticker.

Back to the topic. Nice looking kit, good to have the sticker! I am sure Injen system will get certified too, but not certain.

NORCAL SS
12-05-2013, 01:37 AM
Ha...not true either, silly CHP and Smog guys. If its illegal to change it, CARB sticker wouldn't matter either. The truth is both are correct. The CARB certifies that the system does not change the original emissions capability of the vehicle, so the original lines must be reinstalled, and issues an EO attesting this. Yes, changing the intake is illegal if not the same set-up and creating increased pollution. The CARB sticker is for inspectors (CHP, Referee, and Smog Shops) to know the system has been certified by CARB to remain the same emissions wise and legal for use on the street. A CHP officer is typically not trained well enough to be able inspect the underhood and needs reference points, the same as a smog tech. (Although many smog techs are also ASSE certified and know the system well enough to understand what is missing.) Most smog techs will actually pass you if the system is hooked up correctly and the car is within the smog limits.

Back to the topic. Nice looking kit, good to have the sticker! I am sure Injen system will get certified too, but not certain.

I meant for those that have no smog sticker. My car passes smog perfectly fine with no cats lol

fun in a turbo
01-16-2014, 09:06 AM
Has anyone tried this intake yet and if you did could I get a little feedback from you on it. I just wanted to know if you felt any increase in power and if it made a deeper engine sound at all? Thanks in advance.

NORCAL SS
01-16-2014, 10:56 AM
i have installed 8 on local customer cars. After driving a few hundred miles i told them if they have a chance to email me. Overall the ones that did email me back said they did feel a slight gain in power but the sound of the intake is what they really noticed and liked.