PDA

View Full Version : Full replacement downpipe has been started...

TorkMe
12-04-2013, 02:28 AM
What you see here is our prototype downpipe. Now it may not look like your typical downpipe because its going to replace every restriction in the front portion of the exhaust system.

Our downpipe will replace the cat area (biggest restriction at the lower flange) all the way back to the mid section of the exhaust (after the flex section).

There are 3 major areas that have restrictions on the exhaust.

1. The catalytic converter
2. Flange on lower portion of the converter
3. Flex section in

Replacing all of these area's with 2.5" tubing will really open up the exhaust system and allow the car to "breathe".

Right now we have an "off road only" version. We will eventually have a catted downpipe for those that want to remain emissions legal.

I will be dyno testing this part over the next few days and posting our results from both the downpipe and our intake. I can tell you that when we had a gutted cat converter on the car there was a 12 to 15 WHP gain from just doing that mod. I expect to see similar gains with our downpipe if not more!

Thanks,

John

shagghie
12-04-2013, 03:13 AM
Prepare for 94 decibel madness! Will this part (when you have the 200 cell completed) be compatible with, say, the Neu-F 2.5" mid pipe? Put another way, could you also maybe come up with a version of 200 Cell Cat that would mate with their mid pipe? There is another massive restriction in the stock exhaust I didn't see mentioned above…it reduces to 1.75" at the mid pipe press bend, and the gas is still plenty hot at that point. (Hence my curiosity if maybe there's a way to work together and have a part that mates up well with their mid pipe offering). Put another way, yours would be the first and only 200Cell DP that terminated in a proper 2.5" exit, and if that could mate up with the Neu-F for example, we're all golden and will have a 2.5" turbo-back option! Can't wait to see how your prototype dynos… good stuff.

TorkMe
12-04-2013, 03:27 AM
Prepare for 94 decibel madness! Will this part (when you have the 200 cell completed) be compatible with, say, the Neu-F 2.5" mid pipe? Put another way, could you also maybe come up with a version of 200 Cell Cat that would mate with their mid pipe? There is another massive restriction in the stock exhaust I didn't see mentioned above…it reduces to 1.75" at the mid pipe press bend, and the gas is still plenty hot at that point. (Hence my curiosity if maybe there's a way to work together and have a part that mates up well with their mid pipe offering). Put another way, yours would be the first and only 200Cell DP that terminated in a proper 2.5" exit, and if that could mate up with the Neu-F for example, we're all golden and will have a 2.5" turbo-back option! Can't wait to see how your prototype dynos… good stuff.

I would like to make it work, but... we have other plans for our exhaust system. Our order of titanium will be showing up middle of January. We have plans on making a full Ti' exhaust system for the 500 Abarth and possibly the T.

shagghie
12-04-2013, 03:40 AM
I would like to make it work, but... we have other plans for our exhaust system. Our order of titanium will be showing up middle of January. We have plans on making a full Ti' exhaust system for the 500 Abarth and possibly the T.

That is wonderful news! The t-jets sound amazing in aluminum with engines not putting out nearly as much hp as ours.
badass!

mr_robs
12-04-2013, 03:44 AM
94 shagghie? My car registered 110 with catless DP and stock exhaust not under load laugh2

shagghie
12-04-2013, 03:48 AM
94 shagghie? My car registered 110 with catless DP and stock exhaust not under load laugh2

Lord, that is quite loud! Scca rules here are 93 tops at 100'. The cars that hit 94-95 are crazy loud!
Was that measured right at the pipe?
Even if.... That is exponentially louder than I'll be able to run. We need a valve system to route to muffler option already!

mr_robs
12-04-2013, 03:53 AM
Lord, that is quite loud! Scca rules here are 93 tops at 100'. The cars that hit 94-95 are crazy loud!
Was that measured right at the pipe?
Even if.... That is exponentially louder than I'll be able to run. We need a valve system to route to muffler option already!

Haha yeah, its just absurd. Needless to say im not doing any track days anytime soon. It was measured 5 or 8ft back from the car, cant remember exactly. Cant imagine what it is under load, eventually i'll get my friend to bring out his decibel meter again and we'll do a flyby SpinningSmiley

BigDaddySRT
12-04-2013, 09:01 AM
What you see here is our prototype downpipe. Now it may not look like your typical downpipe because its going to replace every restriction in the front portion of the exhaust system.

Our downpipe will replace the cat area (biggest restriction at the lower flange) all the way back to the mid section of the exhaust (after the flex section).

There are 3 major areas that have restrictions on the exhaust.

1. The catalytic converter
2. Flange on lower portion of the converter
3. Flex section in

Replacing all of these area's with 2.5" tubing will really open up the exhaust system and allow the car to "breathe".

Right now we have an "off road only" version. We will eventually have a catted downpipe for those that want to remain emissions legal.

I will be dyno testing this part over the next few days and posting our results from both the downpipe and our intake. I can tell you that when we had a gutted cat converter on the car there was a 12 to 15 WHP gain from just doing that mod. I expect to see similar gains with our downpipe if not more!

Thanks,

John

Are you guys going to incorporate the same mounting tabs?

These Turbo FWD cars experience a lot of Motor Movement especially under High Torque Loads... I know a lot of companies that don't incorporate the factory mounting points experience broken welds.

krayzielilsmoki
12-04-2013, 09:03 AM

Abarth exhaust system would be a direct bolt on for the 500 T

FredS
12-04-2013, 10:28 AM
What's the plan for handling CEL's - electronic CEL eliminator?

TorkMe
12-04-2013, 04:23 PM
Are you guys going to incorporate the same mounting tabs?

These Turbo FWD cars experience a lot of Motor Movement especially under High Torque Loads... I know a lot of companies that don't incorporate the factory mounting points experience broken welds.

Yes, our exhaust has the factory tab and a full flex section incorporated into it. We will be putting a longer flex section for those that are not running our rear engine mount.

TorkMe
12-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Abarth exhaust system would be a direct bolt on for the 500 T

I am going to say yes. I think there is a small change in the tip size and openings in the rear bumper/lower so we will have to make sure we have proper tip size for the 500 T vs the Abarth.

TorkMe
12-04-2013, 04:25 PM
What's the plan for handling CEL's - electronic CEL eliminator?

Working on a few different things. We just about have a solution figured out for a weld on option, but its not working on every car. We have installed electronic CEL eliminators on the Dart with huge success.

ivmill
01-23-2014, 04:15 PM
Working on a few different things. We just about have a solution figured out for a weld on option, but its not working on every car. We have installed electronic CEL eliminators on the Dart with huge success.

Have there been any new developments with the CEL eliminator?

shadowshaggy
01-23-2014, 04:23 PM
ETA on these? It's past mid January, and we wanna see pics of the Ti exhaust - we all know it'll look cool. The rest of you guys can shut up your hater'ing on the Ti parts, they look cool and weigh less than steel or aluminium.

Shaggyism - "hater'ing" = being a hater, but not limited to normal hating; i.e. hating on what appears to be ricer parts, but not some lousy knock-off Honda part that isn't the material they claim.

modular
01-23-2014, 05:11 PM
Heck no, Ti's f'n kewl as f*#k! It's all over my mtn. bike.

shadowshaggy
01-23-2014, 05:14 PM
Heck no, Ti's f'n kewl as f*#k! It's all over my mtn. bike.

I recall the phrase as a required sticky because of another shaggie-ism, not to be confused with a shaggy-ism, very different things. "Don't drink and forum?"

Yorkman1
01-23-2014, 11:27 PM
I dont think the TI came in yet. I think it was delayed

TorkMe
01-29-2014, 09:10 PM
Have there been any new developments with the CEL eliminator?

Digging through 1000 + CEL's in the ECU everyday trying to find that "one" to delete the code. I should have a tune for the shop car to run and see if it addresses the code (finally).

TorkMe
01-29-2014, 09:13 PM
ETA on these? It's past mid January, and we wanna see pics of the Ti exhaust - we all know it'll look cool. The rest of you guys can shut up your hater'ing on the Ti parts, they look cool and weigh less than steel or aluminium.

Shaggyism - "hater'ing" = being a hater, but not limited to normal hating; i.e. hating on what appears to be ricer parts, but not some lousy knock-off Honda part that isn't the material they claim.

I could start building them tomorrow but I want to have this damn CEL addressed before we do.

The Ti' exhaust has been bumped down the list because of things that are of higher priority (CEL for the cat, LOL).

Ti'... looks super sick and I have high hopes that it will sound "sexy???" on the 500's 1.4 turbo exhaust note. I will be working on this soon, just don't know how soon.

Thanks,

John

doverosx
09-28-2016, 02:19 PM
I could start building them tomorrow but I want to have this damn CEL addressed before we do.

The Ti' exhaust has been bumped down the list because of things that are of higher priority (CEL for the cat, LOL).

Ti'... looks super sick and I have high hopes that it will sound "sexy???" on the 500's 1.4 turbo exhaust note. I will be working on this soon, just don't know how soon.

Thanks,

John

How about now? :)