PDA

View Full Version : Tires for all season

Abnormalradio13
11-28-2013, 05:34 PM
What do you guys think?
http://www.belletire.com/tire-detail/96126/toyo-extensa-hp-tires-2054017#!prettyPhoto

madbyrd
11-28-2013, 08:38 PM
I have a 2012 500 Pop with 40,000 miles although original tires still have a lot of life left as noted by both my Fiat service tech and my tire guy of over 35 years (not a franchise-type dealer), I began the research. My tire guy recommended three tires: Firestone Firehawk GT (original equipment), Bridgestone Ecopia (based a recent manufacturer's conference he had attended, he was impressed with the process and testing), anf the Goodyear Integrity. From this information I went to TireRack.com for reviews and comments. There were also Pirelli's and Continentals. After my research I am going back to the originals at this point, although they are not the least expensive, I feel they are the best tire for my car and driving style. I do not know which model you have but I think if you do the research from both experienced tire guys, dealer and websites you can make an informed decision for the right tire for you.

Abnormalradio13
11-29-2013, 12:56 AM
i got the 2013 abarth. i've been looking on different tire sites and asking around at both dealers and on here. i want something that i can use through snow but also handles and corners well too with some good grip.

jguerdat
11-29-2013, 08:45 AM
The "best" all-season I could find last year for my winter set that kept the stock diameter for 17" was the Kumho Ecsta 4X. Not really the best A/S but since we're limited by the size, ya get what ya get. My goal was something that would handle plowed roads, not beating through 12" of fresh slush, while having the best dry pavement performance possible. Not my favorites but they're ok...

Tweak
11-29-2013, 01:53 PM
The "best" all-season I could find last year for my winter set that kept the stock diameter for 17" was the Kumho Ecsta 4X. Not really the best A/S but since we're limited by the size, ya get what ya get. My goal was something that would handle plowed roads, not beating through 12" of fresh slush, while having the best dry pavement performance possible. Not my favorites but they're ok...

I have these and know of a few others that have them, myself and these others like these especially for the very affordable price!

zyxelenator
11-29-2013, 07:20 PM
I've heard only good about continental extreme contact dws. They should be very good on snow. Never had them, but consider them as my next set.

Robert Nixon
11-29-2013, 11:28 PM
What do you guys think?
http://www.belletire.com/tire-detail/96126/toyo-extensa-hp-tires-2054017#!prettyPhoto

What are you trying to link to? All I get is the generic homepage for a tire dealer.

jflexe99
11-29-2013, 11:50 PM
Kuhmo escta 4x is a great tire. For the price, can't be beat. Dry and wet handle is pretty good, have yet to try it snow or ice.

Abnormalradio13
11-30-2013, 01:39 AM
What are you trying to link to? All I get is the generic homepage for a tire dealer.

It was a link to some tires I saw on belle tire for $70 but I think I'm gonna grab the continental or kuhmo and sell my stock Pirelli's. Then grab some hankook evos in march

Tweak
11-30-2013, 12:42 PM
Kuhmo escta 4x is a great tire. For the price, can't be beat. Dry and wet handle is pretty good, have yet to try it snow or ice.

Agreed and from what I have heard it does well with winter weather as well, it is the wheel used by someone in Canada I spoke with during their winter months.

DougZ
11-30-2013, 11:22 PM
There is no magic tire for all seasons. I have dedicated winter tires that I use from begining of December till end of March. In my area you can get hit with snow blizzards, icy conditions. Dedicated snow tire makes driving so much safer. When roads are dry soft tire compund makes the ride nice and quiet. I had rear wheel drive BMW's pull from the light on snow covered roads faster than any front wheel drive car with all season tires. There is no comparison. In the warm weather months I can use best summer performance tires. For the Abarth it wont be the 17" Pirelli that came standard on the car.

deathshead
12-11-2013, 11:37 PM
Hey guys! Been super busy without much time for the forums latley, but im back!

I didnt have the $$$ for dedicated winter wheels and tires this season since my wifes vehicle needed tires too.
I didnt want to sacrifice handling and winter performance, so I researched and researched.

Finally decided on the new bleeding edge tech Michelin Pilot sport A/S 3s
these tires apparently owned many ultra high performance summer tires, but are still all season.

I gotta tell ya, they are amazing! They grip like a hot summer day even in sub 30f weather.
we had 1/2" of ice then the next few few days of about 2" of snow and the car just hangs on and grabs!

apparently they used some sort of sunflower oil in the compound formula that dosent turn into hard plastic like the summer tires do,
and they took some of the tread characteristics from the Michelin x-ice for the tread pattern.

Impressed!

Check theses tires out, im pretty amazed with them,

Fiat500USA
12-12-2013, 12:27 AM
Hey guys! Been super busy without much time for the forums latley, but im back!

I didnt have the $$$ for dedicated winter wheels and tires this season since my wifes vehicle needed tires too.
I didnt want to sacrifice handling and winter performance, so I researched and researched.

Finally decided on the new bleeding edge tech Michelin Pilot sport A/S 3s
these tires apparently owned many ultra high performance summer tires, but are still all season.

I gotta tell ya, they are amazing! They grip like a hot summer day even in sub 30f weather.
we had 1/2" of ice then the next few few days of about 2" of snow and the car just hangs on and grabs!

apparently they used some sort of sunflower oil in the compound formula that dosent turn into hard plastic like the summer tires do,
and they took some of the tread characteristics from the Michelin x-ice for the tread pattern.

Impressed!

Check theses tires out, im pretty amazed with them,

Good to hear from you! Thanks for the tire info. I'll be looking for a set of tires soon.