PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent weak running/stalling

11-27-2013, 06:12 PM
Hey there,

Just shy of 9300mi on my '13 Pop 5MT and I've had an intermittent problem with running weak and stalling start to crop up. It only happens when cold outside (40F or lower) and on a cold engine. What happens is that the car starts and seemingly idles normally, but once I clutch out, it loses nearly all power, sputters, sometimes stalls and sometimes continues to run too weak to drive (will shudder and jerk violently if I clutch out again). The problem always corrects itself when I shut the engine off/stall and then restart. It is truly intermittent, in that it will only do this something like once a month when it's cold, and not at all when warm. Has anyone heard of this happening before?

I promise I'm not crazy - this weirdness is really the only thing I've had go "wrong" with my car at all in the year I've owned it, and I've otherwise been pretty damn happy with the car.

-- Julie

trevc
11-27-2013, 07:49 PM
Any stored codes in the OBDII? Maybe a coil pack that doesn't like the cold?

11-27-2013, 08:59 PM
No thrown or stored codes! It's very strange - I think I'll look at the coils, but it would seem like it would be more consistent if it was that. I suppose if there was a crack in one, water could possibly get in there and make things a little weird.