PDA

View Full Version : Hello from new member in Vancouver, BC!

Goblin
11-24-2013, 09:58 PM
Hi All,

Good to part of the rank and file, recently having bought a 2013 Abarth (coupe in black w/red interior).
I've got to say that despite owning a 2008 BMW M3 sedan and Porsche 997 CS, my little Abarth gets more
use than either of the other two! A few weeks back I added some Neuspeed springs, which made a substantial difference in the handling,
without ruining what I considered to be, a very well-balanced factory suspension.

A couple of days ago, I received the Power-Pack (Go-Pedal and ECU) ordered from 500 Madness. I decided to install the Go-Pedal first, just to see
what, if any real difference the unit would make. After the 5 minute install and a trip around the block, I really have to say WOW!
Major improvements to the power 'delivery', pedal 'feel', and driveability.
I will validate other's claims that if you do only one mod, do the Go-Pedal.

I tackled the Madness ECU install yesterday, and although being a fairly straight forward operation (I've done a few of these before on other cars),
it still took me the better part of an entire afternoon, and cost a few skinned knuckles.
Definitely worth the money though, as this little car really flies now! It was relatively quick before, but now it feels downright fast.
I'm not sure how the various programs work, or are even accessed, but I'm sure a quick call to the good folks at Madness will answer those questions.

Sorry for the verbose introduction, but the Fiat Abarth is an exciting little car worth talking about!

Robert Nixon
11-24-2013, 10:17 PM
Welcome to the Abarth family and the forum!

Dwaynek
11-24-2013, 10:50 PM
Welcome from across the pond, have a 2012 with a sprint booster and tmc tune box and man the car goes like stink!

Tweak
11-24-2013, 10:53 PM
Congrats on the new Abarth and the quick start to the mods, also, welcome to the forum.

streetsurfer
11-24-2013, 11:07 PM
Hey Goblin! Make yourself to home.

I appreciate the input on the go-pedal. Will consider.