PDA

View Full Version : Handheld vaccum recomendations.

BigT
11-20-2013, 09:43 AM
Alright I live in an apartment and the amount of extensions cords I would need to buy in order to use the vac I have in the house in the car would just be silly and possibly a fire hazard lol. Anyway was wondering if anyone has used any hand held rechargeable vacuum's that they would recommend. Also what's the best thing to use to clean the plastic gauge cluster cover to avoid scratching it?

streetsurfer
11-20-2013, 11:08 AM
I'm using a mini lambswool duster so far for the dash lens, and it seems to be working well. There's a method to follow,and you need to keep them cleaned but without removing their lanolin.

I haven't looked at all the offerings, but I know of Dyson or Dewalt, being two cordless vacs that I'd consider. Griott's Vac/Blower also, though ti's corded. I've used neither cordless handheld, but they are what I'd look at. Our dyson home vac has been great. Dewalt tools, I've had no trouble with.

If you want to go corded through a power inverter off of you power source/lighter socket, there are purpose made automotive vacs that can also be used to dry the car, such as the aforementioned Griott's offering.

Abarth Phreak
11-23-2013, 05:35 PM
I know this would not work at an apartment, just sharing my system. Bissel wall mounted Garage Vac with 30' hose. (Google it) It is very nice for those with a garage shop and so convenient.

As far as a handheld rechargeable, ill be honest and say there are no great ones out there as they all have some imperfection or another. However, take a look at the Dyson and Shark at both ends of the price spectrums. However, one really are compact enough to get everywhere you want to reach.

Apk07
04-13-2014, 05:44 PM
There are some 12v car ones on amazon with good reviews
http://www.amazon.com/ArmorAll-Wet-Dry-Vacuum-Cleaner/dp/B003YXXPPM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1397425324&sr=8-2&keywords=car+vacuum

Edit: I just realized how old this post is...

eric@thompsonracing
06-04-2014, 04:57 PM
I use one of these at home. Nice and compact, works great!

Metropolitan 500 Watt Hi Performance Stainless Hand Vac VM4BS500