PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Kansas City area

Lil Blue
11-19-2013, 07:35 AM
Just discovered this forum yesterday. Wife and I got our 500C last year and have really enjoyed it. Though it's hard to find "fun" roads in our area to drive on, we manage. Took it to Colorado in May to visit my folks, and wife said it was more comfortable than her SUV, and it handled the roads there like it was on rails. Took the long way to Branson to enjoy the Ozark roads also and handled wonderfully. Haven't done to many "customizations", just a skull and crossbones in he back window, and made my own seat covers for the front out of beach towels since I didn't like the aftermarket ones (ones that I could find that didn't interfere with the built in air bags) and just don't have $300 to shell out for the ones from Fiat and others). We also use magnetic "bumper stickers" on the back for added "personality" and so we can change them out as the mood fits, and take them off at the end of the day. Wife's also the one that won the 13 Abarth convertible, and a friend of ours that has a vette wants to race me once we finally get it. Think I can take her if the track is really curvy, but my wife won't let me race her. Looking forward to reading the threads here and picking up some tips.

8592 859385948595

Robert Nixon
11-19-2013, 09:42 AM
Welcome to the forum! Wow, you won an Abarth??? Awesome!

I lived at Fort Leonard Wood recently, and enjoyed the hilly part of southern MO also!

trevc
11-19-2013, 09:48 AM
Welcome to the forum!

Lil Blue
11-19-2013, 09:52 AM
Wife did yeah, hopefully will be getting it this week. She got notified very beginning of July (trying to claim the prize is a whole frustrating ordeal that wife says I'm not allowed to vent about anymore). Wish we could afford to keep it but the taxes are way to high for our pay grade, but it is what it is. We enjoy the one we have a lot (wife says it makes her feel special when she's driving it). Yeah, that's a fun area to drive, as was the Rockies. Unfortunately where we're at all the roads are pretty much straight, so we have to seek out twisty roads to "play" on.

Tweak
11-19-2013, 11:02 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Not much for driving here either, I feel your pain.

Lil Blue
11-19-2013, 12:33 PM
What we like to do is find a small town that has a lot of local history and/or local crafts/artist/antique shops (Weston, MO is a good town for that) for a day trip, then I'll look for a route to that town that looks like it would be a fun drive, and also a route home that's a different way. When we went to Branson for a long weekend, we actually took a road (think it was MO HWY 152) se of Springfield, that took us to Arkansas to Peel's Ferry, took the ferry across the lake (it's free) then over and back up to Branson to check in. I couldn't take my eyes off the road is was so curvy, but it was fun. Wife said the scenery was amazing. Wish they had overlooks set up along the way so we could've pulled over like they do in Colorado. Most times the most direct route isn't the most fun.