PDA

View Full Version : Fiat 500 Lamp Fogging and Condensation

Fiat500USA
11-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Fiat500USA.com Has Just Posted the Following:

Occasionally you may notice the head lights or tail light assemblies on your Fiat 500 fog up or have condensation on the inside of the lens. The question then comes up if this is normal or indicative of a problem in the lamp's sealing. We'll take a look at the official way of evaluating this concern so you know if you have a problem or not, and save you the inconvenience of an unnecessary visit to your Fiat Studio's service department.

Read about it here... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Fiat500USA/~3/9OWCtOgFSmU/fiat-500-lamp-fogging-and-condensation.html)

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-RLGxA69tbsY/Uoq2AdVsIlI/AAAAAAAATBY/NeG2-HYKoUg/s640/Fiat%2520500%2520Taillight%2520fog.jpg

shagghie
11-18-2013, 05:44 PM
Is there a way to cure that permanent moisture in a lamp by chance?

Fiat500USA
11-18-2013, 09:10 PM
Is there a way to cure that permanent moisture in a lamp by chance?

Is your car still under warranty? If it is, follow the procedure listed on my site and if the lamp doesn't pass, they should replace it. That procedure is the official way Chrysler determines if the light is bad. Maybe you could document it by filming and bringing it to the dealer.

shagghie
11-18-2013, 09:37 PM
Is your car still under warranty? If it is, follow the procedure listed on my site and if the lamp doesn't pass, they should replace it. That procedure is the official way Chrysler determines if the light is bad. Maybe you could document it by filming and bringing it to the dealer.

Great info as always, thanks for the heads up.
I've modified my lights w halo Leds so no chance of dealer replacement hehe.

was hoping there was an old wives tale that works heh.

shagghie
11-18-2013, 09:39 PM

Great info as always, thanks for the heads up.
I've modified my lights w halo Leds so no chance of dealer replacement hehe.

was hoping there was an old wives tale that works heh.

Fiat500USA
11-18-2013, 11:06 PM
Thanks shagghie! There are different urethanes and sealents that work well on headlights. Maybe one of the vendors here can give you a heads up on what you can uses to seal the lights. I worked at a VW/Audi place and used to cut the lights apart and paint them way back when. Man, that sucked! We ditched it and just bought them from Hella after the first sets were sold out. That was before China took over. We refused to sell those. Of course, most people didn't care about the quality, at least for the first few weeks/months. When the lens fell off or clouded up, they would learn - at least some would. I can't remember what we used, that was 13 years ago! Now there is probably something better.

NGEN
11-24-2013, 06:33 PM
Open up the cap where you would access the bulb. Remove the bulb and point a blow dryer in the hole. After about 20 minutes or so, it should dry up. That worked for me in the past on different lights. We haven't had that problem at all with any of our lights.