PDA

View Full Version : 500 L manual or automatic?

Rousse54
11-15-2013, 04:08 AM
So, if I do decide to buy the Fiat 500 L, should I get the manual or the automatic? Right now leaning towards the trekking trim because I like the yellow color. Haven't had a manual in a long time but feel this is maybe the car that should have a manual transmission? What do you all think? Any thoughts?

Trystane
11-15-2013, 11:17 AM
I've never heard of anyone not liking the manual but the dual-clutch is met with.... resistance, shall we say. I have the dual-clutch and I love it

markinmad
11-15-2013, 03:22 PM
I love the manual 6-speed in my green trekking!

CIAO RR
11-15-2013, 05:46 PM
I have a 500L lounge with the auto (dual-clutch) and I tell you it takes a bit to get used to it. I loved my 500 Prima w/the 5 speed. The dual-clutch takes a while to "learn" your driving habits, and I find myself shifting it from auto to manual on occasion. In any event, I think a manual gives you a bity more control and it's more fun to drive.

n00dle
11-15-2013, 06:46 PM
I have a manual and absolutely love it. I never considered the dual clutch or upcoming conventional auto. Part of the fun for me is being engaged in the driving experience.

Curious
11-15-2013, 08:58 PM
Manuals almost always get slightly better gas mileage. Plus it makes the driving fun, gives you something to do during some boring drives.

And don't forget it costs less to buy. Yes you get more on a trade for a car with an automatic but you first gotta pay more to buy it.

jabird101
11-15-2013, 09:57 PM
So, if I do decide to buy the Fiat 500 L, should I get the manual or the automatic? Right now leaning towards the trekking trim because I like the yellow color. Haven't had a manual in a long time but feel this is maybe the car that should have a manual transmission? What do you all think? Any thoughts?

Go with what you want to drive and what meets your situation. I chose the auto because I do a lot of city driving, and it is just easier on my old knees.

NGEN
11-18-2013, 12:53 AM
Manual here with a sprint booster... its great!