PDA

View Full Version : Happy to be in the L club!

brandibug6
11-14-2013, 10:51 PM
Hubby and I drove home our first Fiat today, a cute little black Easy model our 4 year old has named Sophia. I am so excited!

Andree
11-14-2013, 11:52 PM
Awesome! Congratulations on your NEW 500L! I bet your 4 year old is as thrilled as you are. Because of the windows! Lots of visibility.

Was this spur of the moment, or have you been planning on an L for awhile?

And welcome to the forums, come on in, pull up a chair!

NGEN
11-15-2013, 12:02 AM
Congrats! Welcome! We hope you enjoy your 500L. Let us know if we can assist you with anything.

brandibug6
11-15-2013, 12:45 AM
Andree - I guess it was sort of spur of the moment-like? I saw the 500L when we were at the State Fair of Texas last month and fell in love with it! I didn't even know such a thing existed until then, and I was very impressed with it and the price point. So I started telling my husband about it, etc. Finally drug him to a dealership a week ago and we left with some info after driving it and began talking. We traded my minivan in (eek!) because it was pushing 111k miles and starting to act up a little bit. We didn't really want to have to sink a lot of money into it to fix it and the gas mileage and cost to fill it up was ridiculous, considering that it was mostly just my daughter and I riding in it the majority of the time. We rarely used all the extra space. (I went through a "OMG I'm a mother and must get a minivan" shortly after my daughter was born). So today we went and made it official. :)

brandibug6
11-15-2013, 12:46 AM
and my daughter named her after Sophia the First. We're princess girls in this house, lol.angel

Fiat500USA
11-15-2013, 02:01 AM
Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

Andree
11-15-2013, 05:54 AM
Andree - I guess it was sort of spur of the moment-like? I saw the 500L when we were at the State Fair of Texas last month and fell in love with it! I didn't even know such a thing existed until then, and I was very impressed with it and the price point. So I started telling my husband about it, etc. Finally drug him to a dealership a week ago and we left with some info after driving it and began talking. We traded my minivan in (eek!) because it was pushing 111k miles and starting to act up a little bit. We didn't really want to have to sink a lot of money into it to fix it and the gas mileage and cost to fill it up was ridiculous, considering that it was mostly just my daughter and I riding in it the majority of the time. We rarely used all the extra space. (I went through a "OMG I'm a mother and must get a minivan" shortly after my daughter was born). So today we went and made it official. :)

That's a great story! It's happened to several people here, they saw the 500L, and it was love at first sight! One person had never heard of it before, like you, and saw it one day, and bought it the next. It's the kind of car that makes THAT MUCH SENSE to so many people.

And there have been a couple (?) former minivan people going for the 500L here too. It's a perfect solution for so many people.

From the way hubby is smiling in the photo, it doesn't look like it was a tough sell on him. The prices on the 500L ARE good, with a nice range of options to choose from.

Did you see/know it's a Top Safety Pick too? http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?12451-Fiat-500L-Earns-Top-Safety-Pick!

Andree
11-15-2013, 05:57 AM
and my daughter named her after Sophia the First. We're princess girls in this house, lol.angel

I'm a cat slave in this place. haha, it's my job to wait on them hand and foot at any time of the day or night. Sigh. Maybe if I just got a crown, I'd feel better about the chores. It's like having toddlers...forever.

brandibug6
11-16-2013, 11:28 PM
Yes, I read the article about the safety! Was a big selling point for both me and hubby.