PDA

View Full Version : How would you style a Nero Abarth?

Dukes2004
11-13-2013, 12:07 PM
841684178418I have a 2013 Nero Abarth that I am having a very hard time with. I have a whole build sheet of performance parts I will be putting on it. What I am struggling with is direction on the looks of the car. Here it is after a road trip, so it is dirty. She is clean and garaged for the winter now:

In one of the pictures you can see my SUV prior to it's exterior refresh, I put an after pic of that up. :p

So I can't figure out....all black. Black with silver and red accents. Black with white and red accents. Black with red only. Black with green....orange....carbon fiber.....etc. Decals, scorpions, etc? So my question is, what would YOU do with a Nero Abarth. Maybe if I can get some dialogue going here it will spark some ideas.

As much detail as possible would be great. Wheel color, break caliper, front splitter, etc.

Currently I have H&R springs, 35% tint and no striping as my configuration for external appearance.

Tweak
11-13-2013, 01:06 PM
If I had black I would like do black on black and follow along the lines of doadea and go for the sinister look.

ScorpionSkins.com
11-13-2013, 01:07 PM
Black and orange looks great, as well as black and yellow accents. :) (Of course you'd need to repaint the calipers to match)

The tint was a good first start. Carbon fiber is always nice, but very common. The "murdered" look (all black, no chrome, no colors visible, matte finish optional) is also a popular choice with black vehicles. It all depends on how "mean" you want to try and make the car look.

I quite like the T model black headlights, and plan to follow through with the swap on my own eventually. Here's the Abarth Venom for reference:

http://s12.postimg.org/9fy2mhjd9/maxresdefault.jpg

trevc
11-13-2013, 01:20 PM
I am Nero with red stripes/mirrors/antenna, CF hood with Nero vents, hyperblack wheels and very happy with the look.
I like the chrome accents and so have left those as is.
Next body work if I do make any changes will be some wider fenders to fit some wider wheels/tires.

luka
11-13-2013, 01:36 PM
I'm nero with bianco wheels and I love it. Wheels are hard to keep clean though.

shagghie
11-13-2013, 02:06 PM
Blacked out everything except the chrome door handles, hood and rear emblems. Will be doing side-markers next in factory paint color (PXR color code, IIRC).
Debadge the Abarth logos on the side, de-striped the Abarth racing stripes on the sides. Black OZ wheels. Blacked mirror caps (used to be red). Still need to paint calipers black. Will be leaving the chrome as is I think, or else painting them with factory PXR paint if I get the time and courage.... I'm not sold on the plastidip flat black treatment on those bits.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h6/shagghie/106D8DCC-9922-4170-9C8F-0FD7BFACD942-7181-000004B56D1F2F98_zpsb3afdada.jpg (http://s60.photobucket.com/user/shagghie/media/106D8DCC-9922-4170-9C8F-0FD7BFACD942-7181-000004B56D1F2F98_zpsb3afdada.jpg.html)

Dukes2004
11-14-2013, 09:35 AM
Has anyone changed their grill out or made it a different color? Something more "metallic" looking?

MikeThinks
11-14-2013, 07:21 PM
I think red stripes look best on the black because the red brake calipers already kinda pop with black wheels...you can do yellow also, but would probably want to repaint your calipers.

2Cool
11-14-2013, 07:25 PM
Either red stripes/accents or go with matte black stripes and blacked out everything.

shagghie
11-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Has anyone changed their grill out or made it a different color? Something more "metallic" looking?

I've re-started my grill project again, and am working with two most excellent Abarth owners and CAD/mech engineers that are also on this forum... we're working hard, but we should have a nice grill option at some point soon hopefully, a metal one.

Abarth619
11-14-2013, 08:59 PM
I've been playing with the idea of removing the red stripes on the side and going with dark gray rally stripes or side stripes that match the wheel color. First I want to color match all of the plastic chrome on the car, including the tail light chrome with the 17'' wheel color. I really hate fake chrome, it disgusts me. :barf:

Dukes2004
11-15-2013, 10:27 AM
I've been playing with the idea of removing the red stripes on the side and going with dark gray rally stripes or side stripes that match the wheel color. First I want to color match all of the plastic chrome on the car, including the tail light chrome with the 17'' wheel color. I really hate fake chrome, it disgusts me. :barf:

I am going to give this a try as well. Already started pulling the fake chrome. Instead of rally stripes I ordered the tributo Ferrari ones. The good thing is all of this is fairly reversible if I hate it.

And I am really looking forward tohearing about that grille project!

Has anyone changed their seats out yet?