PDA

View Full Version : Unusual dash warning light

Stacey Willard
11-12-2013, 12:49 PM
I had a dash light come on that I had never seen. It was rotating with the snowflake/road light and was on my whole drive to work. The light in question is a big P with 3 curved lines next to the loop part of the P (mimicing the shape of the loop of the P) and then what looks like an eject button next to it (triangle with the point facing up and a little block underneath the triangle). I know it's a terrible description, but not sure how else to describe it.

Anyone have any idea what it is?

modular
11-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Do you have the owners manual showing all the lights on the dash and explaining each one?

If not, here is a link to the owners manual you can safely download: www.fiatusa.com/download/pdf/manuals/2014-FIAT-500L-OM-1st.pdf

Page 154 has a picture of the dash and all the warning lights numbered.

Stacey Willard
11-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Yep, I checked that and it's none of the icons listed in the manual. It shares the same window as the snowflake on the road warning, it was rotating between the two.

modular
11-12-2013, 01:35 PM
OK, sorry. That's all I got.

Alec
11-12-2013, 01:41 PM
Do you have the Parksense backup sensors? The symbol you describe could be that, thus a warning light could be a problem with that system.

rnddude
11-12-2013, 01:54 PM
^^^not sure, but I think that is correct.

Stacey Willard
11-12-2013, 02:14 PM
Yes, I do. That makes perfect sense because when I put the car in reverse this morning the warning beeps were going off but nothing behind me. I thought maybe there was ice or snow that was impacting the sensor because it stopped shortly after I started backing up. Thanks, I'll see if it starts flashing when I get in the car this afternoon.

Andree
11-12-2013, 02:34 PM
The snowflake on road means icy road. It will come on when it's a certain temperature outside.

The other one is Parking Sensor Failure:

I only found it via searching and your description, without the great description, I would never have found it.

Andree
11-12-2013, 02:35 PM
Do you have the Parksense backup sensors? The symbol you describe could be that, thus a warning light could be a problem with that system.

You win the prize!!! That's exactly what it is!

Stacey Willard
11-12-2013, 02:42 PM
Yep, that's what it is! :) Thanks all.

Andree
11-12-2013, 02:56 PM
Yep, that's what it is! :) Thanks all.

Here's where I got it from, this pic on a UK forum from 2010 about general Fiat warning lights:
http://www.fiatforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=71209

Who knows what else may pop up that isn't in the manual, so save the pic/link in your file for Fiat stuff, just in case.

Luv2byte
11-12-2013, 08:54 PM
I had it come ona couple weeks ago, not not in the books, I did the same post as you basically. Cold weather warning.