PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Trot -Creek Run, N. DE to SE Pennsylvania Nov 23 (Greater Philadelphia Area)

Thad
11-11-2013, 02:06 PM
Please join us on Saturday, November 23 for our 2013 Winter driving event, and Toys for Tots drive over the new “Creek Run”.

https://www.facebook.com/events/175005312708171/

This mix of new and familiar roads runs from Carman Fiat in New Castle, DE, North into Chester County, and ends near Marsh Creek State Park in Exton, PA. Along the way, the route will snake its way through woods and fields parallel the Red Clay, Pocopson, Brandywine, Valley, and Marsh Creeks. At the end of the run, we'll stop for lunch at The Brickside Grill (540 Wellington Square, Exton PA 19341). http://www.bricksidegrille.com/index.html

Please plan on meeting at Carman FIAT (154 N. Dupont Hwy, New Castle, DE 19720) on Saturday, November 23 at 10:30 am, for a brief social event and brunch. Around noon, we will join a motorcycle club for the first leg of our journey as they travel to A.I. Dupont Children’s Hospital, where we will participate in their Toys for Tots drive. This section of the run will cover 11 miles, and take approximately 20 minutes. PLEASE NOTE THAT EACH CLUB MEMBER (driver or passenger) MUST BRING A NEW, UNWRAPPED TOY FOR THE "TOYS FOR TOTS" EVENT.

At 1PM, we’ll depart the hospital for the second leg of our run. This section of the route will cover approximately 46 miles, and will require about 1.5 hours driving time to reach the Brickside Grille for a 2:30 reservation. We recommend Re-fueling before you arrive at Carman Fiat, but bathroom facilities are available at the starting point, A.I Dupont Hospital, and a bathroom stop will be available at approximately half way through the second leg of the run. Because of the charitable nature of this event, it will run rain or shine.

If you want to attend, please e-mail Scott McGill at scott_mcgill@comcast.net, or call at 610-705-0594 before Wednesday, November 20. We need to know the total number of participants and vehicles for both the drive and the restaurant seating.
Thanks in advance, and hope to see you there!

DesmosDromos
11-14-2013, 10:24 PM
I plan on making it.