PDA

View Full Version : R3T V2 VS R3T V3 Video/Sound Clips/Dynos

FTY
11-05-2013, 10:20 AM
R3T V2 INTAKE VS R3T V3 INTAKE

Just a quick post on the differences since there seems to be a little confusion with them and the sound levels and power produced between them. The confusion is my fault and I should have made this post earlier. This stuff has been posted but its kind of all over the place. Video/Sound clips added.

R3T V2

Open Element Filter
Utilizes Stock Airbox for cool airflow (stock filter removed)
Gains of 12+ WHP (see Dyno Below)
Turbo Sounds are Audible (wastegate flutter/internal BOV)
Great throttle response
Shorter Intake Run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO4u9MxG7hw

http://www.eurocompulsion.net/pcenginebay.jpg
(shown with HPS Ram Air Boot/Black Silicone Vacuum Kit/Filter Sock/RRM Upper Chassis Brace)

DYNO
http://www.eurocompulsion.net/Intakedynos.jpg

R3T V3

Closed Element Filter (K/N Direct fitment filter used)
Utilizes Stock Airbox for cool airflow
Gains of 8+ WHP (see Dyno Below)
Turbo Sounds are NOT Audible (slightly more Audible over Stock)
Good throttle response (More Linear feel)
Longer(Similar to stock without the restriction) Intake Run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z2od9ekVpw

http://www.eurocompulsion.net/RickV3.jpg
(shown with HPS Ram Air Boot)

DYNO
http://www.eurocompulsion.net/Intakedynos.jpg

The V3 was produced after the R3T was implemented. Its a completely different mold taking advantage of all the space given and the bends have been smoothed for better flow over the restrictive stock unit. Both intakes were bench tested for maximum velocity and better air density at the turbo inlet. Both intakes utilize the 4" straight shot into the turbo inlet. The V3 was designed for users that still wanted the benefits of an intake system with clean factory looks but without the turbo noise usually associated with the car. Both intakes do deepen the exhaust note slightly and both intakes utilize the same 5ply (overkill) smooth premium silicone. Hope this clears up any confusion between the two.

luka
11-05-2013, 11:24 AM
So the v2 produces more whp?

Abarth67
11-05-2013, 11:26 AM
Love my R3T V2!

FTY
11-05-2013, 11:31 AM
So the v2 produces more whp?

Yes...on the low end 4-5 more...these dyno results were the avg's of over 20+ pulls.

modular
11-05-2013, 11:50 AM
R3T v2 = all kind of great noises and good pull!!!!!!

djhace
11-05-2013, 04:06 PM
dear santa...

FTY
11-09-2013, 10:22 AM
http://www.eurocompulsion.net/AFRRRMULTIMA.jpg

TAKEN WITH TORQUE PRO

AMBIENT 43F
FULL THROTTLE
19-20+ PSI BOOST (POSITIVE PRESSURE)
4TH GEAR 3400-5900RPMS (RAN OUT OF SAFE ROOM)

mot700
11-12-2013, 02:26 PM
The V2 will be my first mod :)

dominic
11-22-2013, 06:26 PM
Thanks, this made it easy to choose what intake to go with, the V2 does everything I want.

I really appreciate the effort you went through and the level of detail you provide. Keep it up!

modular
11-22-2013, 07:08 PM
dominic, you will be nothing but pleased with the V2 intake. Just enough feedback to keep you informed on what the motor is doing without being over bearing as well as a nice bump in throttle response and motor output.

As an added plus, EC is a GREAT company to deal with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tweak
11-22-2013, 07:24 PM
Thanks, this made it easy to choose what intake to go with, the V2 does everything I want.

I really appreciate the effort you went through and the level of detail you provide. Keep it up!

Welcome to the forum. Nice intake choice.

scorpion_king
11-22-2013, 09:09 PM
dear santa...

I think Ryan is selling his

FTY
11-23-2013, 01:21 AM

Thank you very much!!!

NGEN
11-24-2013, 06:15 PM
If anyone is in the Houston area, we have the EC V2 on ours. Also, a lot of NGenFiat.com members have the EC V2 and V3. Great, high quality intake. The V2 is definitely your best 'bang for your buck kick you in the pants" intake with dynos to back it up.

Now if only he would offer a few more colors.... ;)

aevansgatech
12-09-2013, 02:41 PM
Just ordered mine for Christmas along with the Silicone hose kit

Merry Christmas to me!!! ThrashinSmiley

lillo24
12-11-2013, 09:41 PM
V2 is a great product. I love mine but living in CA I would have preferred to wait for the new neuf intake, which is basically the same thing expect for it is CARB approved. Would be nice if I could get the neuf carb badge and just affiliate it with the v2. :) lol

FTY
01-01-2014, 10:38 AM
Some flow/air density charts for the V2, these have been listed on our site and others for about a year now. All of our intakes are bench-tested for flow.

http://www.eurocompulsion.net/Airdensity.jpg

http://www.eurocompulsion.net/airdensity1.jpg

What is air-density?

Air mass/density is the measurement of the amount of air volume. This is measured indirectly, air density is calculated through the measurement of pressure, temperature and humidity using the equation known as the equation of state for air (a form of the ideal gas law).

What is air pressure?

Pressure is a force exerted by the substance per unit area on another substance. The pressure of a gas is the force that the gas exerts on the walls of its container. When you blow air into a balloon, the balloon expands because the pressure of air molecules is greater on the inside of the balloon than the outside. Pressure is a property which determines the direction in which mass flows.

GENTANI
01-07-2014, 08:14 PM
Any intake ambient temp graphs for V2-V4?

FTY
01-07-2014, 11:29 PM
Any intake ambient temp graphs for V2-V4?

Not yet, users have done the V2 with 10-15+ ambient. Eliryder did it a while ago, stock is around 10-15 I believe also(its been a long time since I had a stock intake on the car) The V4 we are expecting lower than the V2 since its a fully enclosed system. The density chart above take temp into consideration. Sorry I don't have specific graphs your looking for. We combined data for the above chart.

spider
09-24-2014, 03:35 PM
Purchased the V2 today. First mod and the car still has a paper tag :glee:

FTY
09-24-2014, 08:13 PM
Purchased the V2 today. First mod and the car still has a paper tag :glee:

On its way as of tomorrow!

spider
09-24-2014, 08:38 PM
On its way as of tomorrow!

Brilliant!

spider
10-01-2014, 12:38 PM
Is it normal to get a whistling type sound after installing the V2 intake at full throttle under load? Just curious, I've had a lot of intakes over the years, but don't recall a whistling sound at WOT.

opiateESP
10-01-2014, 04:39 PM
Is it normal to get a whistling type sound after installing the V2 intake at full throttle under load? Just curious, I've had a lot of intakes over the years, but don't recall a whistling sound at WOT.

Perfectly normal. Abarth's/500T whistle from 16 PSI and up. You can now hear it because of the open filter.

spider
10-02-2014, 01:20 PM
Perfectly normal. Abarth's/500T whistle from 16 PSI and up. You can now hear it because of the open filter.

Excellent, thanks! :thumbsup:

luisagos
10-09-2014, 10:58 PM
just got Brand New 2014 Abarth. Time to do some mods.

Couple of questions on the R3T V2 INTAKE. What is included in the package? New Vacuum lines?

When will you have the red intake in stock?

Also considering doing the stage 1. Will the stage 1 see this intake? Do not want to upgrade to the stage 2.
What kind of HP gains will I see with these two upgrades.
Thankyou.

FTY
10-10-2014, 09:03 AM
just got Brand New 2014 Abarth. Time to do some mods.

Couple of questions on the R3T V2 INTAKE. What is included in the package? New Vacuum lines?

When will you have the red intake in stock?

Also considering doing the stage 1. Will the stage 1 see this intake? Do not want to upgrade to the stage 2.
What kind of HP gains will I see with these two upgrades.
Thankyou.

Everything needed to fit the intake is included. The vacuum line kit is sold separately and we recommend the K/N pre-charger also for the intake. I feel it looks better aesthetically and it greatly decreases your filter cleaning intervals. The Red intake will be available early next week. They are on there way to me as we speak. Shoot me an email if you would like to pre-order.

luisagos
10-10-2014, 06:59 PM
Will this intake have the same performance on a stage 1 and stage 2?

I am not adding anything else, everything is going to be stock, except the intake and uni-chip.
Thanks.

Tweak
10-10-2014, 08:10 PM

I am not adding anything else, everything is going to be stock, except the intake and uni-chip.
Thanks.

Chris can better answer but really most of the EC intakes besides the V4 won't be hugely different where the V4 is going to net the most gains. At least that's my opinion.

FTY
10-11-2014, 03:24 PM

Thanks.

As Tweak Said the V4 is our best performer followed by the V2 and V3. We have Dyno information along with other information on all of our intakes posted on the website: http://eurocompulsion.net/.

For stage 2 we recommend the V2 or V4 intake as we have seen in some cases the V3 cannot keep up with the required airflow.

luisagos
10-11-2014, 04:07 PM
Not getting the answer I need, I will blame myself for not asking it correctly.

Is it worth going to stage two if I am only going to use V2 and no other mods?

FTY
10-11-2014, 04:14 PM
Not getting the answer I need, I will blame myself for not asking it correctly.

Is it worth going to stage two if I am only going to use V2 and no other mods?

I think you would be very pleased with that setup. Yes the power difference with stage 2 is definitely noticeable over stage 1 with that intake.

luisagos
10-11-2014, 04:55 PM
Cool Thanks.

So I need to buy stage 1, stage 2 and V2 map upgrade software? Is there a kit to buy all this together, and already all programmed?

This sounds expensive and complex. I guess you gotta pay to play.

Tweak
10-11-2014, 06:03 PM
Cool Thanks.

So I need to buy stage 1, stage 2 and V2 map upgrade software? Is there a kit to buy all this together, and already all programmed?

Totally worth it though! When you buy the UC it comes with Stage I already but you have the option to order with Stage II so it is all ready to go from my understanding. LOVE the added power of just Stage I so II just has to be a total blast.

FTY
10-11-2014, 11:40 PM
Cool Thanks.

The hardware is what unfortunately makes this kit expensive. Unfortunately we cant do much about it due to Uni-Chips pricing format.

Everything you initially order it with will be programmed when shipped.

luisagos
10-12-2014, 12:15 AM
Everything you initially order it with will be programmed when shipped.

Sounds good.

If I order one today, when will it be shipped. bigclap

FTY
10-12-2014, 12:17 AM
Sounds good.

If I order one today, when will it be shipped. bigclap

When the next allotment arrives, end of this week. If Uni-Chip has shipped it on time for once.

luisagos
10-14-2014, 07:06 PM
When the next allotment arrives, end of this week. If Uni-Chip has shipped it on time for once.

I hope your right, I just paid stage 1, stage 2, V2 map, and some other toys. Also found a used, new V2.

My 2014 Abarth will thank you.
I in turn have mix feelings towards you. I hate you for helping me spend a lot of money, but I love you, I am going to have bad ass Fiat.

thewave

doverosx
11-04-2014, 10:42 AM
Just to confirm, does the V3 come with a K&N Drop-in filter? If not, that is perfect because I wouldn't use a K&N filter on my car anyway.

doverosx
11-04-2014, 02:52 PM
Just to confirm, does the V3 come with a K&N Drop-in filter? If not, that is perfect because I wouldn't use a K&N filter on my car anyway.

*cough*. All I had to do was read the V3 thread.

Answer: NO! The K&N drop-in can be purchased separately.

FTY
11-04-2014, 06:12 PM
*cough*. All I had to do was read the V3 thread.

Answer: NO! The K&N drop-in can be purchased separately.

If you want Only the silicone, shoot me an email. The $205 price includes the drop in filter.

doverosx
11-08-2014, 09:30 PM
If you want Only the silicone, shoot me an email. The $205 price includes the drop in filter.

Depending on profit sharing payouts and tax time, I'd realistically look at picking this up in sprin. Would that offer still stand??

FTY
11-08-2014, 10:09 PM
Depending on profit sharing payouts and tax time, I'd realistically look at picking this up in sprin. Would that offer still stand??

Yes absolutely, just remind me and send me an email when your ready.