PDA

View Full Version : Oil Problems? Again?!

jflexe99
11-04-2013, 09:03 AM
Ok...so let me fill you in in the history or my Abarth.

I remember reading these cars go through oil quicker than some, but I think mine goes through WAY quicker than others....

Ok...I used to have boost/turbo/oil problems when I ran the wrong 5w 40 full synthetic before. It used to not start up right away, turbo wouldn't make much boost untill fully warmed up(backfire even if it had 3 bars of heat indicated by the oil temp gauge. So found out the proper oils to be using are either Shell Rotella(which dealer uses and I use now)5w 40 or Pennzoil. So once the dealer did the oil change(because that is when I didn't know about my choice in wrong oil) it worked great. No problems at all. That was about maybe 2500-3000 miles ago if that. The car started to give slight boost problems when slightly cold/warming up. Right away I topped off the oil with my Shell. Worked perfectly. 2-3 weeks later(today), I all of a sudden have boost problems on the highway when I am 1/2 way home. Won't create boost, sounds like my old WRX, seriously like a boxer engine. (I do have a video from my phone, but the audio is crappy).

I am kind of freaking out, cuz 2-3 weeks ago it was topped off nicely, it should NOT have any problems already, have significant oil loss or anything. I am letting the car cool a little bit to check the oil then.

The only thing I didn't do when I added oil was do a oil filter change, but I went about...6k maybe with my first oil filter and it worked perfectly fine the whole way.

I am using Mopar branded filters off amazon. 3 for whatever price deal. Plus the dealer just changed it out in less than 3k miles....WTF??!?!?!?!

Can anyone help with my kind of choppy story...this makes no sense to me, I never had such problems with a car...based on oil...Man I miss my rex

trevc
11-04-2013, 09:35 AM
I have over 12,000 miles on my Abarth. I have never had to top up the oil between changes. I changed the oil after the first 300 miles and then every 5,000 after that. Pennzoil Ultra 5w40.
I regularly Autocross and track my car so it does not have an easy life!

Sounds like your car has an issue; try to work with your Fiat service department and find out the root cause while you still have warranty.
What was the oil that you put in that you think was wrong? Any full synthetic 5w40 should work although the Pennzoil is the best.

I remember reading these cars go through oil quicker than some, but I think mine goes through WAY quicker than others....

Ok...I used to have boost/turbo/oil problems when I ran the wrong 5w 40 full synthetic before. It used to not start up right away, turbo wouldn't make much boost untill fully warmed up(backfire even if it had 3 bars of heat indicated by the oil temp gauge. So found out the proper oils to be using are either Shell Rotella(which dealer uses and I use now)5w 40 or Pennzoil. So once the dealer did the oil change(because that is when I didn't know about my choice in wrong oil) it worked great. No problems at all. That was about maybe 2500-3000 miles ago if that. The car started to give slight boost problems when slightly cold/warming up. Right away I topped off the oil with my Shell. Worked perfectly. 2-3 weeks later(today), I all of a sudden have boost problems on the highway when I am 1/2 way home. Won't create boost, sounds like my old WRX, seriously like a boxer engine. (I do have a video from my phone, but the audio is crappy).

I am kind of freaking out, cuz 2-3 weeks ago it was topped off nicely, it should NOT have any problems already, have significant oil loss or anything. I am letting the car cool a little bit to check the oil then.

The only thing I didn't do when I added oil was do a oil filter change, but I went about...6k maybe with my first oil filter and it worked perfectly fine the whole way.

I am using Mopar branded filters off amazon. 3 for whatever price deal. Plus the dealer just changed it out in less than 3k miles....WTF??!?!?!?!

Can anyone help with my kind of choppy story...this makes no sense to me, I never had such problems with a car...based on oil...Man I miss my rex

ABARTH TAMER
11-04-2013, 09:42 AM
I have over 120,000 miles on my Abarth. I have never had to top up the oil between changes. I changed the oil after the first 300 miles and then every 5,000 after that. Pennzoil Ultra 5w40

I regularly Autocross and track my car so it does not have an easy life!

Sounds like your car has an issue; try to work with your Fiat service department and find out the root cause while you still have warranty.

What was the oil that you put in that you think was wrong? Any full synthetic 5w40 should work although the Pennzoil is the best.

120k?

MAZ
11-04-2013, 09:51 AM

I don't think that the oil is your issue. You may have something else going on. Any codes?
Backfiring from using the 'wrong brand' oil? I'd be pretty surprised to find that to be true.

trevc
11-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Fixed that!!

120k?

Ryephile
11-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Kinda sounds like the turbo bearings have gone to crap, but that's just a guess.

zyxelenator
11-04-2013, 11:58 AM
Yeah, you car doesn't know and doesn't care which brand you use. All it cares is right viscosity and level for proper Multiair function. Have you dealer diagnose it.

Fiat500USA
11-04-2013, 12:32 PM
What oil were you using originally? You say you topped off. How much did you use in the 3,000 miles? Any mods? If you have noise and no boost, hopefully it will be easy for the dealer to see what's going on. Let us know.

dart1.4t
11-05-2013, 10:32 AM
Yeah, you car doesn't know and doesn't care which brand you use. All it cares is right viscosity and level for proper Multiair function. Have you dealer diagnose it.

right, but if there is a viscosity problem it does care. it can go into a low power mode if the oil needs to be changed even if the oil life indicator light or cel isn't on. if the closing time of the valves goes all funky the engine has to re-calibrate and the engine will not run at full power as it figures itself out, if the viscosity changes a lot with temperature it may not calibrate at all. no boost isn't nessesarily a bearing problem but oil consumption would make that a likely candidate.

jflexe99
11-05-2013, 12:08 PM
Well I checked the oil when the car was warmed up at 2 bars temp. Dead on where it should be(should be for 2-3 weeks after I topped it off). I used to use Mobil 1. The dealer said they might not be able to do cover certain things if it is traced back to the wrong oil... Bull crap! Does it say in the owners manual or anywhere specifically what oil to use besides a 5w-40 full synthetic?

I took two or three videos, I will try to get them up here asap to see what you guys think. But I guess I must call my dealer...I'm at about 19k miles on my car.

dart1.4t
11-05-2013, 12:48 PM
Well I checked the oil when the car was warmed up at 2 bars temp. Dead on where it should be(should be for 2-3 weeks after I topped it off). I used to use Mobil 1. The dealer said they might not be able to do cover certain things if it is traced back to the wrong oil... Bull crap! Does it say in the owners manual or anywhere specifically what oil to use besides a 5w-40 full synthetic?

I took two or three videos, I will try to get them up here asap to see what you guys think. But I guess I must call my dealer...I'm at about 19k miles on my car.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CEoQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fiatusa.com%2Fdownload%2Fpdf% 2Fmanuals%2F2013-Abarth-OM-3rd.pdf&ei=HR95UrGeJKiqsATW6IDIDg&usg=AFQjCNH36Wfn0cn7855lzqRyLUocXURNCw&sig2=QlKpv9mf1KiinWPKEEpynQ&bvm=bv.55980276,d.cWc

here is the manual. check page 307. the pdf menu may list it as 309. it shows the chrysler ms number ofr the oil as ms-10896. also says in on page 344/346

but mobil1 0w-40 may have ms-10850 or ms-10725, you have to read the bottle, they may have more than one formulation or just different bottles which may not always list every spec, you may also try to find the spec sheets. 10850 is claimed by amsoil to supersede 10896 but chrysler hasn't ever said this to a customer... make of that what you will. but 10725 is approved in the dart manual 4th edition. probably because they can't supply enough of the pennzoil. also in europe they use Fiat 9.55535-S2 as the spec for the punto evo abarth with the same engine and 10 more hp 14more lb/ft of torque, it's not common to see fiat specs on usa oils but there may be a couple oils that have it rather than the one oil that says ms-10896.

jflexe99
11-05-2013, 01:35 PM
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag32/Jordon_Flexer/Abarth/th_VID_20131105_105408_zps941f3f34.jpg (http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag32/Jordon_Flexer/Abarth/VID_20131105_105408_zps941f3f34.mp4)

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag32/Jordon_Flexer/Abarth/th_VID_20131105_105930_zps28a696e8.jpg (http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag32/Jordon_Flexer/Abarth/VID_20131105_105930_zps28a696e8.mp4)

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag32/Jordon_Flexer/Abarth/th_VID_20131105_105714_zps958c4a4c.jpg (http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag32/Jordon_Flexer/Abarth/VID_20131105_105714_zps958c4a4c.mp4)

jflexe99
11-05-2013, 04:34 PM
Car is getting towed tonight so they can work on it tomorrow.

My mechanic told me there was a similar abarth that was in having the same problems...ended up the factory installed parts upside down and the short block needed to be rebuilt....oh wow. I hope mine is a simple fix.... That or I'll be trading in for a more reliable car...

musicsurf
11-06-2013, 12:23 AM
I was 2 quarts low when I got up to TN on Friday. Boost was tapering badly from 22 to 16 psi. Once I realized I was low, I topped up and boost returned. I drove over 400 very spirited miles yesterday through the mountains and then home about 700 miles to Florida today, it looked like I was about a half a quart low. While doing something else under my car I noticed oil residue around some of the oil lines for the turbo. I know for sure that I am seeping oil from the banjo bolt for the return line so it is possible the feed line may be leaking as well. Just to be safe I'm ordering all the bolts and washers so I can replace everything when I get my car back from the body shop next week (a nice big piece of metal road debris). I would have the mechanic take a look at the same lines. On a separate note, does anyone have the torque specs for these banjo bolts?

dart1.4t
11-06-2013, 05:42 AM
Car is getting towed tonight so they can work on it tomorrow.

My mechanic told me there was a similar abarth that was in having the same problems...ended up the factory installed parts upside down and the short block needed to be rebuilt....oh wow. I hope mine is a simple fix.... That or I'll be trading in for a more reliable car...

that doesn't seem very likely. they told a girl (supposedly) in the dart forum her spark plug gap closed and the pistons were in backwards. they are dished pistons. if they were in backwards there wouldn't be any noticable effects, you'd just get some extra cylinder wear or piston skirt wear on one side because of the offset on most factory wrist pins. some mechanics talk out of there asses. wait until the problem is diagnosed before you think it's an unreliable car. because it may be the mechanic you end up replacing.

MAZ
11-06-2013, 10:29 AM
My mechanic told me there was a similar abarth that was in having the same problems...ended up the factory installed parts upside down and the short block needed to be rebuilt....
I would ask the mechanic to elaborate, if he could, as to what the hell he is talking about.
Up side down parts?
Sketchy.

jflexe99
11-06-2013, 03:02 PM
Something from the factory he said. I'm waiting to see what is up, no contact yet today. So I am assuming they don't know yet...I will have to call later or whatever if need be. Least it is still under warranty...

trevc
11-06-2013, 04:08 PM
The engine in upside down would explain the oil loss......

jflexe99
11-06-2013, 07:38 PM
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag32/Jordon_Flexer/IMG_20131106_162756_zps20326ce3.jpg

This came out of my right exhaust yesterday. Still there today..... And my car never did this....

MAZ
11-07-2013, 10:36 AM
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag32/Jordon_Flexer/IMG_20131106_162756_zps20326ce3.jpg

This came out of my right exhaust yesterday. Still there today..... And my car never did this....
Oily or watery?
Looks watery, a little condensation drip is fine.
I am interested in these 'upside parts' ?? Any news?
I'd ask the mechanic to be less vague.

jflexe99
11-07-2013, 11:12 AM
Well it looks oily. Watery doesn't last that long.

Mechanic called, seems like my engine thinks it is a 2 stroke...oil in the pistons...awesome! This will be fun

dart1.4t
11-07-2013, 11:16 AM
could be an upside down scraper ring or valve seals. but i wouldn't go there until the turbo is inspected. depending on the turbo seal you can get oil consuption from a dirty airfilter. pull off the intake and see if the compressor is dry or wet with oil.

also are you sure this guy isn't blowing smoke? because if this is true then your car should be!!!

jflexe99
11-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Hey, it is under warranty, not my money. I have limited knowledge about engines and how to work on them. So we shall see what happens. As long as I get a free rental car I'll be fine for a little bit.

He didn't mention the turbo, they are tearing apart the cylinder head and inspecting, hopefully they would check the turbo as well.

dart1.4t
11-07-2013, 11:43 AM
Hey, it is under warranty, not my money. I have limited knowledge about engines and how to work on them. So we shall see what happens. As long as I get a free rental car I'll be fine for a little bit.

He didn't mention the turbo, they are tearing apart the cylinder head and inspecting, hopefully they would check the turbo as well.

that could be a rookie mistake for someone that doesn't work much with turbos.

jflexe99
11-07-2013, 12:03 PM
I'll ask him if they are inspecting the turbo seals, intake and all. I would assume they would...but we all know what happens when we assume...

jflexe99
11-07-2013, 12:29 PM
They are still tearing it apart. Tomorrow they will have it diagnosed, and I will probably be getting my rental car. He said they will be going through everything. from intake to crankcase for problems. I will let them do their thing, see what happens. See if it is a one time thing for our Abarths...or course mine...ha.

trevc
11-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Good to hear progress. Hopefully they can get you back in the Abarth in a decent amount of time without more issues!

They are still tearing it apart. Tomorrow they will have it diagnosed, and I will probably be getting my rental car. He said they will be going through everything. from intake to crankcase for problems. I will let them do their thing, see what happens. See if it is a one time thing for our Abarths...or course mine...ha.

jflexe99
11-07-2013, 01:01 PM
Yes me too. If there is another big problem...I think it will be time to consider a different car. I love the thing, but there is something wrong seeing how oil is being lost WAY WAY too quickly...The last full oil change was done by them, at about 1600 miles. I am at about 19000 miles. I had to top the oil off because there wasn't much in it about 250-300 miles ago....that is BAD. 2600-2800 miles on 4 quarts of oil...that is extremely bad...figured it was something more serious when that happened.

jflexe99
11-08-2013, 04:30 PM
So no diagnosis today. They still ripping it apart as I type because of other appointments. So Monday should be the day we see if they have to replace the short block or what. Damn weekend without a car...bah!

jflexe99
11-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Ok, so I just got the call. A spring punctured a cylinder head, so new cylinder head on order, rental car later today. First I heard of that happening to our engines....hopefully this is the last time I have any problems with the car....Can't wait to get her back....

DS Ocampo
11-11-2013, 11:48 PM
Good news , well ---- good they found out.. Sorry about the car... Mine only drinks off 1/4 or less between changes.. Find most blown out my Forge BOV.. Like u don't know much about turbos still trying to learn

jflexe99
11-12-2013, 10:40 AM
Thing is, if a spring came down into the cylinder head...what are all the possibly damaged parts in the engine, besides the cylinder head?(Which what all does the head include?) I know a decent amount about engines, but no expert. Just so I know they are replacing ALL the parts that should be, not the cheapest way. Thanks

jflexe99
11-12-2013, 12:06 PM
Now since I called back to get more in detail review, it is a broken valve, not valve spring.

trevc
11-12-2013, 01:12 PM
Glad they have pinpointed it and are putting on a new head instead of trying to rebuild.

Now since I called back to get more in detail review, it is a broken valve, not valve spring.

jflexe99
11-12-2013, 06:28 PM
I am just hoping they get it in tomorrow, or Thursday at the latest. Said they can install same day and hopefully get it to me same day as well.

Got some 4 cylinder jeep rental, ugh its slow and non communicative to the road...ha.

jflexe99
11-16-2013, 01:46 PM
Chrysler has STILL yet to ship out my head....this is ridiculous. They should have it on my car and back to me by now. Was called in Monday....what CRAPPY service Chrysler provides. Thinking about going back to Subaru

Fiat500USA
11-16-2013, 04:55 PM
I had a similar problem with our Audi. Spent more than a month at the dealer, then had to bring it back because they installed the wrong short block and had to redo everything. That was a $4,000 mistake plus labor. Spent another month there. That was just one of the issues. That car spent multiple months at the dealer. Audi, as it typical, never responded or lifted a finger to help by the way.

Thing is after they got it together, that car was great for the next 10 years we owned it and eventually I forgot about the aggravation the first year was. The plus side was I saved a ton of miles on my car, saving wear and tear and drove around in one of their cars. If you like the car it may be worth hanging in there, but it is tough not to get too negative. If that happens everything is going to suck, and it will sour the whole ownership experience. That would be sad to hear. Hope it all works out for you.

dart1.4t
11-17-2013, 12:52 AM
unfortunate.... dropped valves happen... my brothers solstice dropped a valve a few months ago. even high end aftermarket valves have been known to have metalurgical problems and snap heads off. but that's more on 2v per cyl engines with big valves and bigger springs. problem with these modern cars is sometimes you can wreck the whole head when this happens. direct valve actualtion is a great idea untill a piece of a spring takes out the cup bore. or a seizure at the valve causes the cup to shatter.... atleast fiat has the sense to make the head in 2-3 pieces. i've had a cup break on a vw diesel and there really is no way to salvage the head.

jflexe99
11-29-2013, 08:36 PM
After 3 weeks got her back. Runs great now! The gears feel smoother now as well. I have to go through my paper to show exactly what they did. 2nd gear used to have 2 clicks then be good. Now it's one smooth engagement. Can't wait for my shifter adapter to ship... Backorder. Got my forge bov plate on, ready to pick up HCI and fmic on Monday. Can't wait! Finally get to work on the car a little. 20k with no mods besides mudguards and tint.... Hope she is bulletproof now... Ha

jflexe99
11-29-2013, 08:38 PM
They did a complete new head cylinder and parts inside. Have to check paper work tomorrow then.

sptcoupe
11-30-2013, 09:13 AM
These are non-interference engines, meaning that if the timing belt breaks, the valves won't hit each other, or that some inexperienced mechanic can't turn the cams and run the valves into each other and bend them . But if the valve actually broke off in the cylinder head, then it had to have collided with the piston, and that would seriously damage the piston crown. You may want to ask them if there was any damage to the piston or cylinder wall as well. Quite frankly, I've never seen a broken valve that didn't trash the entire cylinder. Good luck, and keep us posted.

BTW, a common cause (among others) of a broken valve is a lean condition and an over-pressured cylinder. Ask them if it was the exhaust or intake valve.

modular
11-30-2013, 09:31 AM
These are non-interference engines........

Nope.

11-30-2013, 10:39 AM
These are non-interference engines, meaning that if the timing belt breaks, the valves won't hit each other, or that some inexperienced mechanic can't turn the cams and run the valves into each other and bend them . But if the valve actually broke off in the cylinder head, then it had to have collided with the piston, and that would seriously damage the piston crown. You may want to ask them if there was any damage to the piston or cylinder wall as well. Quite frankly, I've never seen a broken valve that didn't trash the entire cylinder. Good luck, and keep us posted.

BTW, a common cause (among others) of a broken valve is a lean condition and an over-pressured cylinder. Ask them if it was the exhaust or intake valve.

INTERFERENCE engines here, chain breaks, game over!

11-30-2013, 10:39 AM
Nope.

Ahhh sorry, shouldve read down. Good call

sptcoupe
11-30-2013, 10:49 AM
Yep - I stand corrected. But that doesn't change the outcome if a valve head gets loose in the cylinder. You should still ask about that.

jflexe99
12-01-2013, 03:21 PM
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag32/Jordon_Flexer/IMG_20131201_1418172_zps04db48b1.jpg

jflexe99
12-15-2013, 06:40 PM
OK. So about 800 miles after the rebuild. Going back for shifter issues, 2nd and reverse aren't going into gear properly. However the mechanic put it back wasn't right....

I also noticed Friday night. I checked my oil when it had 2 bars of heat and 40 min after that. Nothing on dipstick. I had just under 1.5 liters of oil to top it off.... So then the oil read 1/2 way on dipstick. Not good in my opinion..... The only difference is there were no boost problems, any noises like I got originally when oil was low. I don't know how low or how much was left in the car before filling it. I am now worried something else is wrong... The car should not be eating oil like this....

I didn't see any oil on my engine when I was underneath it installing fmic. Wonderful....

jflexe99
12-16-2013, 01:14 PM
Well they should have the car now for about 2 hours or so. I will be calling around 3:30 to see what the diagnosis is. If all goes well, should have it back tomorrow or wed. Simple tranny fluid drain, readjust whatever needs to be done to get the shifter back to how it was...

jflexe99
12-17-2013, 11:45 AM
Ok...so they just called. Joy of all joys! It looks like I need a full transmission now. Oh boy!

They said the blocking rings on 4th and 5th gear where destroyed. I have NO idea what they are or how 4th or 5th could be bad, cruising gears....In relation to that, they destroyed the bearings in the transmission, which was the shavings in the tranny. So new entire tranny for me. I will have a completely new car by 36k miles how I am going...Maybe I will have a car that is meant to work...

Here comes another week or two of no Abarth :(

trevc
12-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Wow, you are having some major mechanical issues for sure.
It does sound like you have competent mechanics working on it so hopefully all will be good soon.
Any word on why you saw such a low level on the engine oil?

jflexe99
12-17-2013, 12:28 PM
Nope, when they call back I will see if they looked into it. I mentioned the oil level. They might have to tear apart a lot to find that.

Least I have another 15k or so of coverage.

They did say Chrysler has been on top of getting parts in. So lets hope they get my transmissions this week. I would guess a days work to get everything buck up, gaskets and fluid. Hope I don't have to wait two weeks. Praying for a delivery before christmas...but my luck, nope.

dart1.4t
12-17-2013, 07:46 PM
a dropped valve, then a burt valve and bad trans???? bad luck much? did they rebuild the first head? or just replace it with an assembled one? because i wouldn't trust a dealer mechanic to assemble a head.... i've done hundreds and most shops don't have "Proper" equipment to do it correctly.

jflexe99
12-17-2013, 08:09 PM
They bought new head and parts. I have a picture with the parts they got last build. Last page or two the picture is on.

jflexe99
12-19-2013, 04:02 PM
Just called, dealer says should have ETA today. They called in the parts yesterday around 3, so hopefully they will get an e-mail or call today with ETA. I would hope they overnight everything like they did with the cylinder head. If so, might have it back monday I would think.

Said they are going to rebuild the transmission, not have a cased one replace it. Said all bearings, bushings and rings. Along with secondary drive shaft and camshaft lever replaced.

What would the camshaft lever have to do with the transmission? Because only time I hear cams it is on the top of the engine, not bottom ha.

jflexe99
01-10-2014, 08:25 PM
So the tranny is finally all back together. Missed their call today. Hoping the mechanic puts some miles on it and looks for oil problems. So Monday I will be receiving her back, or should be. Hopefully problem free finally.... If not... Probably be time to Consider trading in. I hope it doesn't come to that...

FiatOfTysonsTech
01-10-2014, 09:30 PM
not gunna lie some of those cars just come with ****ty turbos. if you bring it to the dealership they will have us replace it under warrenty.

jflexe99
01-14-2014, 10:05 AM
Well now the tranny is good, but the mechanic heard a pop and then no boost going up a hill. He is checking the boost control solenoid...swapping a 2014 in to see if that fixes it. Nothing but MORE AND MORE problems. Looks like this fiat is a lemon, can't even claim for it now.

trevc
01-14-2014, 10:58 AM
I would check hoses first.

Well now the tranny is good, but the mechanic heard a pop and then no boost going up a hill. He is checking the boost control solenoid...swapping a 2014 in to see if that fixes it. Nothing but MORE AND MORE problems. Looks like this fiat is a lemon, can't even claim for it now.

jflexe99
01-14-2014, 12:09 PM
Its all on the mechanic...haven't heard anything from them. I wonder if they will even notice the EVAP mod...but that isn't with the boost solenoid.

I will be calling around 12-1 to see if anything was figured out. It's been more than 3 weeks now again without my car. Sick of rental cars, though no real mileage on my car...only good thing.

jflexe99
01-14-2014, 12:10 PM
Can someone fill me in on where the engines are made/assembled. I know down mexico is where the body and all is assembled.

SeaDawg
01-14-2014, 12:22 PM
Can someone fill me in on where the engines are made/assembled. I know down mexico is where the body and all is assembled.

Manufactured by the Global Engine Manufacturing Alliance in Dundee Michigan.

jflexe99
01-14-2014, 12:34 PM
Dealer just called, everything is running fine. The wastegate was bad....replaced it with a 2014 abarth part, so no wait. Thank god...

trevc
01-14-2014, 12:46 PM
Good to hear!

Dealer just called, everything is running fine. The wastegate was bad....replaced it with a 2014 abarth part, so no wait. Thank god...

jflexe99
01-14-2014, 12:50 PM
Yea. I just hope this is the last of the problems. Wonder what made the wastegate fail...I am sure they would look at the intake and say, oh well that is too much air for the turbo and wastegate to regulate, so it failed.

I just don't want to deal with any BS chrysler would throw to customers who have modifications the engine can EASILY adapt and take benefit from.