PDA

View Full Version : Alpine amp wiring help needed!

sashkraft
11-04-2013, 12:42 AM
Hey there,
I am in the process of getting another amp and subwoofer in to get some better sound (since I did not want to get the beats by dre)
In order to easily install the new amp, I wanted to use the wires already in place in the Alpine amp in the trunk.

Does anyone have the wiring diagram or at least an idea of the wiring? Which one is the plus from the battery and which one is the remote??

Thanks for your help!

Izi

ophidia31
11-04-2013, 10:17 AM
Adding an aftermarket amplifier needs its own power wire ran. The one for the factory amp is only rated at 20amps. Most after market amps, unless you get a really weak one, start at ~50amps.

sashkraft
11-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Hey, thanks for your anwer! I am getting the Alpine M250 Mono amp with 250 watts. I can nowhere find the amps requirement for it... I only know it has a 30 amp fuze in it! So it might work???

ophidia31
11-04-2013, 05:26 PM
1. Onboard amplifier fuses are usually the maximum the amplifier can pull before you blow the onvoard fuse(s) [usually something goes wrong with the amp if they do blow]
2. In the real world, you may only be using 10-15amps from the factory amplifier and 15-20amps from the new one, youre automatically running over the factory fuse rating for that wire. Always run the proper power wire size for the onboard amp fuse rating and youll have a trouble free listening experiance. Its better than having to keep replacing factory fuses when they pop from being too lazy. lol