PDA

View Full Version : Documentation for RRM ECU

sbertelli
11-02-2013, 01:58 AM
Hi, I have just purchased a used RRM ECU for my Abarth and it came with no documentation. Just wondering if anyone has the installation instructions and if they do would you post them? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

cy-clone33
11-02-2013, 03:15 AM
call Brandon at RRMS he will take care of you

FTY
11-02-2013, 03:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXHcdh554Zo

Install video

sptcoupe
11-02-2013, 06:56 AM
I just watched the installation video and it looks like the RRM ECU is a mirror design to the Madness ECU (except for the programming, of course), right down to the bypass plug that restores it all to stock when used. Just wondering if those of us who already have the Madness ECU installed can simply plug in the RRM box instead of the Madness box and start having fun. Who could best answer that question?

FTY
11-02-2013, 09:00 AM
I just watched the installation video and it looks like the RRM ECU is a mirror design to the Madness ECU (except for the programming, of course), right down to the bypass plug that restores it all to stock when used. Just wondering if those of us who already have the Madness ECU installed can simply plug in the RRM box instead of the Madness box and start having fun. Who could best answer that question?

There is no madness design its a TMC unit with a Madness' logo. The RRM unit is TMC hardware,custom software/flash and an aluminum body case. The 1st RRM Unit will plug directly into the TMC harness without an issue. That's how I had mine.

sptcoupe
11-02-2013, 09:27 AM
That's what I thought. Does anybody know if you can also plug the RRM V3 unit into the TMC harness? I am expecting mine to arrive any day now and would love to avoid all that disassembly to install it.

FTY
11-02-2013, 09:37 AM
That's what I thought. Does anybody know if you can also plug the RRM V3 unit into the TMC harness? I am expecting mine to arrive any day now and would love to avoid all that disassembly to install it.

No its a one piece unit. The TMC harness isn't compatible.

sbertelli
11-05-2013, 12:06 AM
I just wanted to thank everyone there help in this matter. I contacted Road Race Motorsport and they emailed the instructions to me. Thank you Road Race Motorsports for your help.

Steve