PDA

View Full Version : Rear seat map lights - Front seat eyeglass holder

Curious
11-01-2013, 08:06 PM
Hey 500 Madness just wondering if you folks had ever thought of offering these 2 items. On some prototypes I saw an eyeglass holder on the drivers side in the space where the grab handle is. I'd love to get one and put it in that grab handle space. Great place to store sunglasses.

I would also love to have a pair of the rear reading lights, exact same ones that come in 500L versions equipped with sunroofs. Those cars have rear grab handles and built in map reading lights that can be turned on while rolling down the road. Those map lights are built into the rear grab handle spaces.

I would buy both from you if you offered them. I got no clue how to run the wiring though. I bet you can figure that part out, just gotta tap into to existing rear center dome light.

I bet others may be interested in buying either one or both of these items from you if you offered them

Andree
11-02-2013, 11:36 PM
Photo of items: 8330

evbruno
02-09-2014, 03:24 AM
The Glasses holder would be great, that's the only thing I miss from Kia Van we traded in for the 500L. I wear prescription glass and have prescription sunglasses, it is nice to near by in a holder if case I have to switch while driving.

Curious
02-09-2014, 03:29 PM
I also have prescription sunglasses, for driving and for sailing. Will be interesting to see if this is available on the 7 passenger 500L when that one comes out. As you can see in the above picture that Andree posted for me it is shown on that 7 passenger 500L. But hey they also had it in an early prototype 500L and it's not available. If it does come on the 7 passenger 500L then I will just order one from parts. Time will tell if it comes out on the 7 passenger version.

Doohickie
02-09-2014, 05:20 PM
This is the greatest shortfall in the 500 to me (and apparently the 500L)- there are almost no little places to stash things like glasses, wallet, phone, small packages, etc., while driving.