PDA

View Full Version : Got rear ended but no visible damage. What to do?

dichiee
11-01-2013, 10:32 AM
My wife just called and said she was rear ended on traffic. She said it doesnt look like there's damage. Should we bring it to the dealership to get it checked? I just wanted to make sure there are no internal damage but is the dealership the best place to bring it? My wife is worried that they might report it and get a mark on her lease.

Thanks in advance.

msjulie33
11-01-2013, 10:44 AM
Have it looked at anyway - better to get who hit her to pay for any damage then you guys later on, damage can be hiding underneath (ask me how I know)...

nathan_h
11-02-2013, 02:19 AM
If you were rear ended it's almost surely going to be the other party's responsibility, anyway, so you definitely wants my hidden damage fixed by their insurance ASAP.

That said, eventually if you have multiple accidents that you are not at fault for it can still impact your insurance, so if this is a recurring thing, that's a whole different issue.

streetsurfer
11-02-2013, 11:50 AM
The bumper covers on modern cars can be resilient enough that damage is sometimes not visible on the surface at the onset, but paint damage can show up later. As well there should be components behind the bumper cover meant to provide impact absorption. If they came into play in this accident, they may not do as well in a subsequent one. I would have it looked at as has been suggested.