PDA

View Full Version : Can I use standard 15" POP wheels for winter set-up in my Abarth?

laitsabr
10-31-2013, 10:35 AM
Can anyone provide a quick yes/no regarding the possible use of the standard 15" POP wheels as my winter set-up for the Abarth?
Thanks in advance for letting me draw on the accumulated expertise here.

FTY
10-31-2013, 11:17 AM
Unfortunately you cant, front caliper will rub and the rear torsion-bar doesn't have the necessary clearance. We attempted to fit the new style 15" steelies offered by tirerack to a 500T (similiar front brakes) and those also did not fit due to contact with the front caliper.

laitsabr
10-31-2013, 11:39 AM
Unfortunately you cant, front caliper will rub and the rear torsion-bar doesn't have the necessary clearance. We attempted to fit the new style 15" steelies offered by tirerack to a 500T (similiar front brakes) and those also did not fit due to contact with the front caliper.

Thanks much for the quick view and reply! Saved me from an incorrect purchase.

Scootin159
10-31-2013, 12:35 PM
Also buyer beware that most of the cheap aftermarket wheels on eBay won't work with the stock lug bolts (the OD of the stock lugs is larger than the OD of the recesses drilled into the wheels). These can still be made to work by using aftermarket lug bolts with an internal hex key, but your choice of supplier is VERY limited. By this I mean, there's one small shop in the US that stocks them, other than that you need to go to Italy (where his supplier is).

I've got lots of info with exact measurements and also details on hub centric rings and the like to making aftermarket wheels work, just do a search for my posts - it's one of the first things I've posted on here.