PDA

View Full Version : Abarth got his new winter Boots.

Mini Cord
10-29-2013, 03:03 PM
Here they are:

The rims are DAI Rado 16", true 4x98, and reasonable price which is perfect for winter use and it's a Montreal company that makes them. Look very similar to the OEM 17.

Tires are the Pirelli Snow Control Serie 3, damn expensive but could not find a cheaper option other than the Minerva Tires :concern:, not sure Iw ant to trust a 80.00 winter tire.

Fiat500USA
10-29-2013, 06:44 PM
Looking good! I usually drive my Audi during the winter, but lately I have had the thought of buying a set of winter wheels/tires so I can drive the Abarth once in a while.

MrFiat
10-29-2013, 07:16 PM
Looking good! I usually drive my Audi during the winter, but lately I have had the thought of buying a set of winter wheels/tires so I can drive the Abarth once in a while.

I know that's mighty tempting, but remember that along with NY winter comes S-A-L-T ( the Other S word) :soapbox: Can you tell I'm not a big fan of winter?

Mini Cord
10-29-2013, 07:21 PM
Thanks,

I have no choice, the Abarth is my daily driver. Not planning on driving a 1965 Mini Moke in the winter, that thing has no heater.... even if it had one it would be useless since it has no doors.

10-29-2013, 07:29 PM
Snow Controls are excellent tires, used mine all last winter with no problems in ice, snow or slush. Very little noise and low wearing... Dunno how much paid but mine were only $88 each so you can get superb winter tires in that price range! Enjoy the powder!!

Abarth619
10-29-2013, 07:32 PM
Looks really good! I bet your Abarth will be a blast in the snow!

MrFiat
10-29-2013, 07:35 PM
Thanks,

I have no choice, the Abarth is my daily driver. Not planning on driving a 1965 Mini Moke in the winter, that thing has no heater.... even if it had one it would be useless since it has no doors.

I hear ya brother. The Abarth should be immense fun in the snow. :encouragement: We get so much salt on the roads here in Syracuse, it really shortens the life of a car dramatically. So painfully, I garage the Abarth (well, both of 'em I guess) as soon as the salt goes down and drive the 2012 Sport through the winter. This will be it's third year on the stock 16" Conti Pro all seasons and it has performed flawlessly even in the worst weather. It's not an Abarth, but still a FIAT !!!!

Juair
10-29-2013, 08:10 PM
Nice!!!

Tweak
10-29-2013, 08:36 PM
Great color match with your wheel choice MC, man am I glad I deal with so little snow here in NC, reminds me to be grateful every time I read posts about snow tires and such.

Fiat500USA
10-29-2013, 09:03 PM
I know that's mighty tempting, but remember that along with NY winter comes S-A-L-T ( the Other S word) :soapbox: Can you tell I'm not a big fan of winter?

Yeah, not a fan of winter in the north east! I think it comes from when I was younger and dealing with rusty Fiats fom the past! So many gorgous looking cars with rusted chassis... :crying: