PDA

View Full Version : Tune Release Date...

TorkMe
10-28-2013, 08:01 PM
I know a ton of you guys are waiting for this and I make comment that it would be the end of this month... but its going to be a week or two longer. I have a few more things I want to tweak in the tune before we send it out there door for you guys to enjoy.

Here is what I can release:

Stage 1 price is going to be $595 for the tune, add $100 if you want launch control and WOT shift upgrades.

With that Stage 1 you will have options for different bolt on's and you will be able to decide on what RPM you want your redline set at. If you opt for the Launch control, there will be options for 3500, 4000 or 4500 RPM. WOT shift will only be enabled if you are with in 500 RPM of redline, wide open throttle and trigger the lower clutch pedal switch.

Stage 2 tune is still pending but it will come with WOT shift and a more aggressive launch control, price target is $895, or $1249 with injectors.

Stage 1 power levels will be 180 to 195 WHP (depending on mods) and it will retain all factory limiters and factory boost levels (given 1 to 2 psi gains might be common depending on environment).

Stage 2 will come in two different flavors:

Stage 2 without injectors, power levels should be 210 to 220 WHP, boost levels will be 24 psi spike and hold 20 psi

Stage 2 with injectors, power levels should be 240 WHP (max), boost levels will be 28 psi spike and hold 24 psi

This is the first viable tune release for the Fiat 500. We have proven the tune to work for the Dart over the last 6 months, we have been running the tune on the 500 Abarth for the last 2 months. We have not seen a single case of "re-tune" like others claim. We have not seen a single check engine light from the Stage 1 tune (Stage 2 tune has some but for obvious reasons, we will be turning off those CEL's with the release of the Stage 2 tune).

Give me another two weeks max and the Stage 1 tune will be on the market!

Thanks,

John

msjulie33
10-28-2013, 11:21 PM
Is there any headroom in plain-jane 500s? Is it not cost effective to even look w/o a turbo (which I could believe)...

zyxelenator
10-28-2013, 11:54 PM
Tork are those bigger injectors (30% more spray) that are able to handle e-85? Or ECU will need another tune for e-85?

TorkMe
10-29-2013, 12:50 PM
Is there any headroom in plain-jane 500s? Is it not cost effective to even look w/o a turbo (which I could believe)...

There is some to be gained with the regular 500. We have heard rumors of 10 to 15 WHP gains with the non turbo version. Problem being... I would need a car in the shop to look over the files and see if it would even be worth it to tune the car.

TorkMe
10-29-2013, 12:51 PM
Tork are those bigger injectors (30% more spray) that are able to handle e-85? Or ECU will need another tune for e-85?

Yes they can handle E85, you will need a different tune for E85. Just because we have the larger injectors doesn't mean that we can swap fuels with a pump gas tune on the ECU. Sorry.

luka
10-29-2013, 02:40 PM
Now are those whp numbers both for the ABARTH and the 500T?

TorkMe
10-29-2013, 09:12 PM
Now are those whp numbers both for the ABARTH and the 500T?

Those are for the Abarth but the 500T should have very similar numbers to go with it.

Thanks,

John

Abarth Phreak
10-29-2013, 10:23 PM
I know a ton of you guys are waiting for this and I make comment that it would be the end of this month... but its going to be a week or two longer. I have a few more things I want to tweak in the tune before we send it out there door for you guys to enjoy.

Here is what I can release:

Stage 1 price is going to be $595 for the tune, add $100 if you want launch control and WOT shift upgrades.

With that Stage 1 you will have options for different bolt on's and you will be able to decide on what RPM you want your redline set at. If you opt for the Launch control, there will be options for 3500, 4000 or 4500 RPM. WOT shift will only be enabled if you are with in 500 RPM of redline, wide open throttle and trigger the lower clutch pedal switch.

Stage 2 tune is still pending but it will come with WOT shift and a more aggressive launch control, price target is $895, or $1249 with injectors.

Stage 1 power levels will be 180 to 195 WHP (depending on mods) and it will retain all factory limiters and factory boost levels (given 1 to 2 psi gains might be common depending on environment).

Stage 2 will come in two different flavors:

Stage 2 without injectors, power levels should be 210 to 220 WHP, boost levels will be 24 psi spike and hold 20 psi

Stage 2 with injectors, power levels should be 240 WHP (max), boost levels will be 28 psi spike and hold 24 psi

This is the first viable tune release for the Fiat 500. We have proven the tune to work for the Dart over the last 6 months, we have been running the tune on the 500 Abarth for the last 2 months. We have not seen a single case of "re-tune" like others claim. We have not seen a single check engine light from the Stage 1 tune (Stage 2 tune has some but for obvious reasons, we will be turning off those CEL's with the release of the Stage 2 tune).

Give me another two weeks max and the Stage 1 tune will be on the market!

Thanks,

John

John, what is the plan if a person is in need of returning to stock tune?

Abarth Five O
10-29-2013, 10:32 PM
IIRC: One time free of charge re-flash to stock. Second time?

TorkMe
10-29-2013, 11:46 PM
John, what is the plan if a person is in need of returning to stock tune?

It will be free and depending on the circumstance for a small fee we will flash the tune back on the PCM when requested.

TorkMe
10-29-2013, 11:53 PM
IIRC: One time free of charge re-flash to stock. Second time?

We normally take these on a case by case basis. If the dealer dicks you and flashes over your tune, then we talk with the dealer and make them pay if possible. If not, then we work out something.

Now keep in mind that the free reflash is not an upgrade to a higher stage or to add additional options to an existing tune. The reflash is a service if something goes wrong with the ECU or some other "event" causes the tune to be lost or you have to make a change for a small mod/octane change due to move.

One other thing I need to mention. We have had on the very rare occasion that someone will send in a ECU stating that the dealer flashed over the top of it, yet the dealer didn't do anything and someone is trying to get a flash for free for one of there buddies. Well, this is a sure fire way to brick an ECU. We flash "your" tune to the ECU you send us and that tune is VIN matched. So if the VIN's don't line up and we flash your tune into a different ECU... you now have a very nice brick to hold your office door open with. Yes, it has happened and yes people have been very upset with me when their ECU gets bricked and they send it back for us to verify the VIN number only to find that its not the same as the one we have on file. This is just an FYI, because we have seen it happen in different platforms.

Thanks,

John

msjulie33
10-30-2013, 09:00 AM
There is some to be gained with the regular 500. We have heard rumors of 10 to 15 WHP gains with the non turbo version. Problem being... I would need a car in the shop to look over the files and see if it would even be worth it to tune the car.

Sorry where are you guys? My 500 might want a road trip :)

Abarth Phreak
10-30-2013, 10:57 PM
It will be free and depending on the circumstance for a small fee we will flash the tune back on the PCM when requested.

Good deal.

TorkMe
10-31-2013, 03:08 PM
Sorry where are you guys? My 500 might want a road trip :)

Washington State.

TorkMe
10-31-2013, 03:09 PM
I have one more table that I have to find, if it does what we think it does then we will be releasing the tune ASAP. Testing will be happening all next week.

Thanks,

John

Yorkman1
10-31-2013, 05:08 PM
He'll ya

TorkMe
10-31-2013, 05:26 PM
He'll ya

Depending on the results from the Dart, you might be getting a call early next week. Working hard on it right now!

DS Ocampo
11-02-2013, 07:14 PM
Interested in the stage 2 without the launch control, but all the other goodies.... Any release date? I'd love to rip out the ECU and send it.. Hope it works great with all my MODs

TorkMe
11-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Interested in the stage 2 without the launch control, but all the other goodies.... Any release date? I'd love to rip out the ECU and send it.. Hope it works great with all my MODs

We are very close to having a tune released. Just found two more tables this weekend that should allow me to target any boost level I want!

mr_robs
11-05-2013, 04:40 PM
Can't wait for Stage 2! Now the question is, do i go all out and get a FMIC....

shagghie
11-05-2013, 05:03 PM

yes! FMIC will let your turbo reach target boost a lot sooner (e.g. at lower RPMs), extending the life of the turbo, improving boost recovery between shifts, and throttle response down low... you'll also dial out 4 more potential boost leak points by tossing out the heavy and flimsy ass stock piping...

TorkMe
11-05-2013, 05:07 PM

If you give us a little while to finish up the tune, we have plans on getting a very high quality liquid to air set up built for the 500.

mr_robs
11-05-2013, 05:48 PM
yes! FMIC will let your turbo reach target boost a lot sooner (e.g. at lower RPMs), extending the life of the turbo, improving boost recovery between shifts, and throttle response down low... you'll also dial out 4 more potential boost leak points by tossing out the heavy and flimsy ass stock piping...

Haha yeah i know the benefits are awesome, just i was saving my spare cash for a second car. Who knows, i might say **** it and drop it all on the Abarth.

If you give us a little while to finish up the tune, we have plans on getting a very high quality liquid to air set up built for the 500.

Possibly.. It all depends on the price point and data really. ATM's is readily available at the lowest group buy price point, i have their boost gauge and i really like the products they have put out so far. Not to say your product wont be amazing, its just you know.. as an abarth owner i have the patience of a 5 year old when it comes to things i want haha.

One question i forgot to ask/not sure if it has been addressed. Will stage 2 owners need an upgraded clutch? (im assuming yes).

Crossfirecat
11-05-2013, 05:51 PM
I like the idea of an L2A system but, I'm curious to know...will you be tying into the oem cooling system or are you leaning towards an electric pump with a separate reservoir?
I had great results with a seperated system on my SRT6!
Looking forward to seeing your plans.

TorkMe
11-05-2013, 05:59 PM
Haha yeah i know the benefits are awesome, just i was saving my spare cash for a second car. Who knows, i might say **** it and drop it all on the Abarth.

Possibly.. It all depends on the price point and data really. ATM's is readily available at the lowest group buy price point, i have their boost gauge and i really like the products they have put out so far. Not to say your product wont be amazing, its just you know.. as an abarth owner i have the patience of a 5 year old when it comes to things i want haha.

One question i forgot to ask/not sure if it has been addressed. Will stage 2 owners need an upgraded clutch? (im assuming yes).

Not sure on the clutch for the 500, not nearly as much weight to pull around as the Dart and so far we gotten away with 250 WTQ with the Dart without any real issues.

I hear ya on the patience thing... several PM's a day about people wanting the tune "now", LOL! Its never a bad thing to have something that everyone wants.

TorkMe
11-05-2013, 06:00 PM
I like the idea of an L2A system but, I'm curious to know...will you be tying into the oem cooling system or are you leaning towards an electric pump with a separate reservoir?
I had great results with a seperated system on my SRT6!
Looking forward to seeing your plans.

Separated system. Its the only way to make one work with surface area that we have with the 500. They did give us a nice area under the air box inlet to put a very nice LTA set up. Our system should take 7 to 10 feet of intercooler piping out of the equation. Instant boost anyone?

mr_robs
11-05-2013, 07:07 PM
I think i will probably pick up the currently available product. But then upgrade to the L2A offering and do a turbine upgrade at the same time (assuming you guys still plan to offer that :wink:)

TorkMe
11-06-2013, 04:07 PM
I think i will probably pick up the currently available product. But then upgrade to the L2A offering and do a turbine upgrade at the same time (assuming you guys still plan to offer that :wink:)

Working on the bigger turbo kit this winter. We are looking at something that will allow us to make 300 WHP in the 500.

mr_robs
11-07-2013, 12:53 AM
Working on the bigger turbo kit this winter. We are looking at something that will allow us to make 300 WHP in the 500.

Awesome! That would be something i'd look into next year.

shagghie
11-07-2013, 01:11 AM
Awesome! That would be something i'd look into next year.

And really, the LTA may not be required even at 300WHP, as the FMIC you have in mind has already been designed with the same HP/TQ numbers in mind. You are in good company with Tork and ATM, as these are the guys that really know the game when it comes to big horsepower and going fast.

Yorkman1
11-07-2013, 10:46 AM
It's gunna be crazy. Has anyone broken 300whp in the states yet?

mr_robs
11-07-2013, 07:31 PM
And really, the LTA may not be required even at 300WHP, as the FMIC you have in mind has already been designed with the same HP/TQ numbers in mind. You are in good company with Tork and ATM, as these are the guys that really know the game when it comes to big horsepower and going fast.

Paid for my FMIC in full today ;) Tires next week, and tune when its available! Any updates on the corse grills? :D

shagghie
11-07-2013, 11:48 PM
Any updates on the corse grills? :D

Well, hate to ask, but has anyone seen
SFHPAWEL in awhile? Have been able to get ahold of him via phone, email or PM here I'm awhile...
...kinda getting worried.

mr_robs
11-09-2013, 05:48 PM
Well, hate to ask, but has anyone seen
SFHPAWEL in awhile? Have been able to get ahold of him via phone, email or PM here I'm awhile...
...kinda getting worried.

Negatory :(

Back on track though, bump for updates!

TorkMe
11-10-2013, 10:31 PM
No updates yet guys, working on the ECU still. We have managed a few more WHP but the load limiters are still playing a part with letting us run over xxx WTQ and WHP. We are getting close to 200 WHP which makes me very happy!

krayzielilsmoki
11-10-2013, 11:21 PM
close to 200whp makes me very happy too

DS Ocampo
11-11-2013, 11:33 PM

She's waiting.... Getting her angry face ready

mr_robs
11-12-2013, 06:11 PM
I had a quick question i asked in another thread directed to all tuners, but does this tune have adjusted timing? If not do you guys plan on making one with adjusted timing? I would like to pick up a water meth kit but dont see a huge benefit on stock turbo without timing advancements.

TorkMe
11-15-2013, 11:02 PM
I had a quick question i asked in another thread directed to all tuners, but does this tune have adjusted timing? If not do you guys plan on making one with adjusted timing? I would like to pick up a water meth kit but dont see a huge benefit on stock turbo without timing advancements.

Yes it has adjusted timing, but getting a water meth system would require a custom tune. You are in CA, so we might be able to work something out with a custom tune to use with methanol.

mr_robs
11-16-2013, 04:36 AM
I am very very interested in doing this if thats the case. Willing to drive up to you guys to make it happen. Need PNW trip anyway!

TorkMe
11-16-2013, 06:49 AM
I am very very interested in doing this if thats the case. Willing to drive up to you guys to make it happen. Need PNW trip anyway!

If you are willing to drive up, we are willing to work you an amazing deal on the tune. We want to start working on specialized tunes just like this!

Hit me up after the first of the year and we can get a game plan started!

mr_robs
11-16-2013, 11:33 AM
If you are willing to drive up, we are willing to work you an amazing deal on the tune. We want to start working on specialized tunes just like this!

Hit me up after the first of the year and we can get a game plan started!

Perfect! I will do that!